TN TN - Kaitlynn Abree Ledbetter, 25, wooded area w/o shoes, Overton Co, 2 May 2021

If there was insurance on Kaitlyn, it would not be paid out at this time as there is no proof of her death. She would have to be declared legally dead before that would happen. I am sure there would be a time frame for that to happen and criteria that must be met that makes it an almost certain that she is deceased.

In my mind, I see this as an argument that got out of control, and something bad happened. If Crystal was a witness, that would have put her in a very bad situation.

If there was insurance on Kaitlyn, it would not be paid out at this time as there is no proof of her death. She would have to be declared legally dead before that would happen. I am sure there would be a time frame for that to happen and criteria that must be met that makes it an almost certain that she is deceased.

In my mind, I see this as an argument that got out of control, and something bad happened. If Crystal was a witness, that would have put her in a very bad situation.
Based on the lack of sightings of Kaitlyn or communication with her after all of this time I would agree that it seems logical that she is deceased.

AFAIK, MSM reports indicate the only three people in the Ledbetter home on the morning of Kaitlyn's disappearance were Kaitlyn, her father Scott, and his GF Crystal. With Kaitlyn missing and Crystal deceased, her father would be the only known surviving witness to events taking place at that time. Therefore the account of Kaitlyn's disappearance would be primarily based on his statements to LE. I do not recall Kaitlyn's father making any statements to the media, conducting interviews, etc.

It seems odd that they could say both that there was several decomposition AND that there were no signs of a struggle. IMO
It could be that the person died of natural causes or an overdose, so there would be no signs of a struggle if that were the case. If the person were not missed immediately, severe decomposition might not take long depending on temperatures.

It could be that the person died of natural causes or an overdose, so there would be no signs of a struggle if that were the case. If the person were not missed immediately, severe decomposition might not take long depending on temperatures.
I guess my point was that if there is severe decomposition how could they tell there were no signs of a struggle?

I guess my point was that if there is severe decomposition how could they tell there were no signs of a struggle?
If not for the severe decomposition, LE may have observed scratches, bruises, or blood on the victim, however, signs of struggle are not limited to the body. They also include the crime scene itself, and investigators are going to look for things like blood on doorknobs, overturned furniture, holes in the wall, etc. In this case, they apparently didn't find anything like that. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back