TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone that’s come forward so far are essentially from Audrey’s middle school days? Did she not have any friends in high school? College? After school? Did she have any friends at all?
It's very bizzare and it seems most all of these interactions have not been "normal" She was infatuated with the young lady that died last summer. Now this girl says it was "stalkerish". Then the girl she messaged before she committed this horrific act was also a friend from middle school, but it didn't sound like they were close friends or still friends, but more so she was reaching out to say you've always been nice and thank you. It's like she was stuck in the past and middle school for her was 14-16 years ago.

Lorinda Hale, Audrey’s aunt, told The Post the parents “need their space,” but confirmed Audrey was receiving counseling.

Asked about Audrey’s parents, she responded: “Just like parents who unfortunately had their daughter killed they’ve also lost their daughter, and having to deal with not only that loss but what their daughter did in the process of that loss.”

Hale added: “They’re not well.”

Mass murderer of six in her own words:

"So basically that post I made on here about you, that was basically a suicide note. I'm planning to die today. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!" Hale wrote to Patton via messages shared with NewsChannel 5 Nashville. "You'll probably hear about me on the news after I die."

"This is my last goodbye. I love you," Hale continued. "See you again in another life. Audrey (Aiden)."

Patton had responded to her, saying, "You have so much more life to live. I pray God keeps and covers you."

Hale told Patton her family had no idea what was about to happen and that "one day this will make more sense."

Patton told the local news station, "I tried to comfort and encourage her and subsequently reached out to the Suicide Prevention Help Line..."

It will NEVER make sense & AH saying it will shows just how out of touch with reality she was.

MHOO
How horrific for this girl. The more I think about this, the more I realize just how awful this act of reaching out to Ms. Patton was. Because she realized something was very wrong and tried to get help it's as if now she will always wonder if she could have done something else. We've seen in other cases when someone reaches out and sends a final message to a friend or posts on social media and it isn't realized in time or it isn't take seriously. IT seems this message was received before the shooting started and this young lady immediately took it seriously and if I recall correctly she mentioned it to her dad and then they decided it's best to call someone to get her help. She had no way to know this wasn't just a suicide about to happen, but instead something more awful than she could have even thought. What Hale did was reach out to this person she felt was always nice to her and in doing that she now adds this person she felt highly of to the list of victims that will never be the same again because she was pulled into this awful act.

Someone upstream thought the Nashville police officers involved in eliminating AH must have had military training. They were right! Well done sir— you and your team are heroes!

“One of the police officers who confronted and shot an assailant who killed six at an elementary school in Nashville is a Marine infantry veteran.
Body-camera footage released by the Metro Nashville Police Department shows Officer Michael Collazo running through The Covenant School on Monday toward active shooter Audrey Hale, 28, and helping Officer Rex Englebert take the shooter down.”

I have to wonder if the Transgender issue is NOT the issue here (as it was made out to be from the start), but instead...
Thinking your could well be right. In the end, AH seems to read like a far too common "Its about me- now its suicide by rampage as I destroy those who have more":

- Narcissitic regarding their own feelings and their own wants.
- Success is eluding them. 28 and still living at home. Planned art career apparently did not take off. Low status job.
- Recent death of a close, and perhaps only friend- other person more of an aquiantiance?
- Social media exchange not focused on socio political issues. Instead AH relates that she will be "in the news" (famous- and successful at last.
- Christian school not made a priority target. Rather, selected for ease and shock value.

Heck, even the transgender status might not of been that deep- recently aquirred and evidently still used feminine descriptors on occasion.

Last edited:
Thinking your could well be right. In the end, AH seems to read like a far too common "Its about me- now its suicide by rampage as I destroy those who have more":

- Narcissitic regarding their own feelings and their own wants.
- Success is eluding them. 28 and still living at home. Planned art career apparently did not take off. Low status job.
- Recent death of a close, and perhaps only friend- other person more of an aquiantiance?
- Social media exchange not focused on socio political issues. Instead AH relates that she will be "in the news" (famous- and successful at last.
- Christian school not made a priority target. Rather, selected for ease and shock value.

Heck, even the transgender status might not of been that deep- recently aquirred and evidently still used feminine descriptors on occasion.

That is interesting. Audrey/Aiden felt like she/he never connected or fit anywhere so she/he found a group to identify with, "transgender", and also a way to annoy their conservative parents.

I see a lot of rage here, misplaced, almost like the "incel" crowd, another group of social misfits. They feel cheated out of something they think is owed to them from society.

Okay. I can't find a single way to discuss that.

I think there's an objective reality out there, myself.

I'm sorry you had rage (I am so interested in hearing about it - but you're right, there's no definition of it, so no point, really in trying to discuss it). I am still working on trying to understand what people mean by the word.

IMO.
maybe its not even the right word
pain.. anger.. that feeling of injustice
again they are just words.. its hard to pin out

maybe its not even the right word
pain.. anger.. that feeling of injustice
again they are just words.. its hard to pin out
Exactly. It's quite subjective. Also, it's very specific to each individual. My rage might be your irritation....etc.

AH is described by some who was athletic, funny and sweet during her high school years making it easy for others to be friendly with but I have yet to hear from anyone who had developed a deeper friendship with her.
I wonder how active she was in sports.

All good athletes need to face the time when "the cheering stops". For most, that time comes at the end of high school.

Even small school Division III and Division II collegiate athletics can be exremely competitive. Division I, the world of big school full ride scholarships, televised games, and even further acclaim is beyond the reach of nearly all high school hopefuls.

But, these same high school players have become accustomed to acclaim from high school coaches and school staff. The team experience gives fulfillment and socialization opportunities that they might not otherwise have. They are used to success- and used to being good at..... something- anything.

Good High School athletes are also used to hearing their names called out from the bleachers by home town fans. Lead roles in pep rallies, disproportionate interest from the opposite sex, and in small towns, affirmation from city officials can become expected parts of life.

But... all that can come to a sudden stop at high school graduation. This can lead to the question of "What now?" Not everyone has a viable plan for "after the cheering stops". For some, it may lead to impulsive degree choices that leave little marketable skills. For some, it can be the start of downward spirals....

Last edited:
Hale was a Nashville-based graphic designer and illustrator who created logos and branding to “help tell a company’s story” and “bring a whimsical and light-hearted feel.”
“Aside from art, I enjoy binging on video games, watching movies, and playing sports,” Hale wrote on a personal website. “There is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground.

One image included the phrase, “To Be A Kid (forever and ever).”
A former vice president of the college, Byron Edwards, described Hale as, “… the sweetest little thing. I’m just shocked. My wife and I have been crying all day about it,” adding that Hale “was really shy and really good.”
Hale’s illustration work was “whimsical” and “childlike,”
“I could have seen (Hale) doing children’s books for a living,”
Cody said he thought Hale was much younger because Hale “dressed like a little kid” and brought stuffed animals to class.
“The art couldn’t be more childish, family-friendly, G-rated, to a nauseating degree, almost,” and filled with “very garish, bright colors,” Cody said.

This desire of her to remain a child is difficult to understand. At least to me. MOO

Last edited:
I wonder how active she was in sports.

All good athletes need to face the time when "the cheering stops". For most, that time comes at the end of high school.

Even small school Division III and Division II collegiate athletics can be exremely competitive. Division I, the world of big school full ride scholarships, televised games, and even further acclaim is beyond the reach of nearly all high school hopefuls.

But, these same high school players have become accustomed to acclaim from high school coaches and school staff. The team experience gives fulfillment and socialization opportunities that they might not otherwise have. They are used to success- and used to being good at..... something- anything.

Good High School athletes are also used to hearing their names called out from the bleachers by home town fans. Lead roles in pep rallies, disproportionate interest from the opposite sex, and in small towns, affirmation from city officials can become expected parts of life.

But... all that can come to a sudden stop at high school graduation. This can lead to the question of "What now?" Not everyone has a viable plan for "after the cheering stops". For some, it may lead to impulsive degree choices that leave little marketable skills. For some, it can be the start of downward spirals....
I think I remember reading that she and another classmate received a school award for most athletic but I doubt she was some sort of standout.
The teammate who she sent her last correspondence to said that -

"When they were on the team together, Patton said, Hale was “very quiet, very shy,” and they joked around together.

“We got to see her grow in her skill on the court,” Patton told CNN on Tuesday evening. “We did really good that year. We went all the way to the city (championships), so it was a really good year for us.

That is interesting. Audrey/Aiden felt like she/he never connected or fit anywhere so she/he found a group to identify with, "transgender", and also a way to annoy their conservative parents.

I see a lot of rage here, misplaced, almost like the "incel" crowd, another group of social misfits. They feel cheated out of something they think is owed to them from society.
Well put. Definitely seems to have been, though not uncommon nowadays, a huge sense of entitlement. Coupled with her other mental health and identity confusion issues, perhaps it became the perfect storm.

I think I remember reading that she and another classmate received a school award for most athletic but I doubt she was some sort of standout.

“We got to see her grow in her skill on the court,” Patton told CNN on Tuesday evening. “We did really good that year. We went all the way to the city (championships), so it was a really good year for us.
I agree, she does not seem to have been a stand out or potential scholarship winner.

But...

One does not need to be a stand out say, scholarship winner to take the high school level athletic acclaim, recognition and sense of accomplishment to heart.

AH's award of 'most athletic' suggests a well rounded student athlete that would earn a good share of HS recognition as an individual.

Likewise, AH's being on a city championship level team in a city of 700K is no small feat. Being on such a team, in any capacity, would bring a good amount of additional HS recognition simply through collective team recognition.

The recognition, cheering, athletic accomplishment, and team belonging experience, however, stopped for AD upon high school graduation. She might not of had a good answer to the "Cheering stopped- Now What? question.

Last edited:
Cody said he thought Hale was much younger because Hale “dressed like a little kid” and brought stuffed animals to class.
“The art couldn’t be more childish, family-friendly, G-rated, to a nauseating degree, almost,” and filled with “very garish, bright colors,” Cody said.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/28/us/audrey-hale-nashville-school-shooting/index.html
This desire of her to remain a child is difficult to understand. At least to me. MOO

Complete speculation on my part, of course, but perhaps she was trying to retreat to a simpler and happier time in her life. Before she had complicated sexual feelings? Before she knew she’d disappoint or upset her parents? When she was still young and could imagine earning a living through art?

Just my conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member