MN MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona 31 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK says the last time she or anyone else heard from Maddi was on Friday, March 31st @ 8:15 AM. The two had been joking around about a funny photo they exchanged. For over five years, MK Facetimes, calls, or texts Maddi multiple times a day, so not to hear from her was very odd. Even with the rest of the family, she is in constant communication about every minute detail.

There was some concern Friday evening, MK's Mom sent her a message asking if she had heard from Maddi that day, because she had sent her messages with no response. MK thought about it and said it was odd not to hear from her. Maddi & daughter were supposed to come to her house Saturday morning and typically Maddi would have communicated with her about the plans for the next day.

Both of them began contacting Maddi's friends to see if anyone knew where she was or had heard from her. { I'm noting MK did not say she contacted the father of the children-odd}.

Ended- stating they are focusing on finding Maddi and cannot and will not discuss or speculate on what happened to her.
Wow that really says a lot, without saying anything about a POI. So it was the family that became concerned . Makes me think they had reason to be concerned so early on, and the urgency right away. So last confirmed was 8:15 from the sister. JMO she was most likely supposed to start work at 9:00. Van leaves at 10:00. Connect the dots…….

I'm editing myself. Must follow family's lead.

Nothing matters more right now than the safety of those two children.

Tread lightly. Jeopardize nothing.

Jmo
BBM-Agree, which is why I'm hoping they are with the maternal side of the family - but something about the way MK spoke of them at the pressor - tells me they aren't. Enough said ...

The two children are safe and there does not appear to be any threat to the public, police said.

I’m still looking but I swear I read an article early this week that said the kids are with Madi’s family.

I agree with all of you, what a beautiful turnout of searchers. God Love them! The pictures actually bring tears to my eyes. Praying for Madeline and answers.
WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) -- More than 1,800 community members searched for Madeline Kingsbury, the 26-year-old missing mom from Winona.

Every step forward is a silent prayer.

“It’s our duty to go out and look for her," said Elizabeth Priggi, a volunteer with the search crew.

“She’s part of our community and I feel like if it was someone in my family that was missing, I would hope that the community would come together and everyone would go out looking for them," said Priggi.

Volunteers remember Kingsbury as a happy and loving person.

“She cared about everybody she came across and was very selfless," said Priggi.
They say they’ll continue to search until she returns home.

The two children are safe and there does not appear to be any threat to the public, police said.

I’m still looking but I swear I read an article early this week that said the kids are with Madi’s family.
I saw it too, but can't find it either.

**SEARCH PARTY SATURDAY APRIL 8TH**
UPDATE BELOW!
“First and foremost---Thank you to all the volunteers, fire departments and first responders who aided in the search today. There was a large amount of area searched and we had over 1,860 volunteers in the two search areas.”
Winona County Sheriff's Office, City of Winona Police Department and the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office have organized a mass search for Maddi on Saturday April 8th, 2023.
Day Two: The request is for volunteers to aid in the search. The officials are looking for individuals over 18 years of age to walk areas that are rough terrain and long distances. Please understand that if you volunteer, we need to have individuals that can meet these requirements: wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
If you are willing to volunteer, registration will be from 9am - 11am at either:
Winona County -Goodview Fire Department, 4135 5* St, Winona MN
OR
Fillmore County Rushford-Peterson School, 1000 Pine Meadows Lane, Rushford MN.
Volunteers will be assigned and bussed to the search areas.
Bring your driver's license/identification. You will need to be checked in and out for security and accountability.
Sign-up is recommended for organizational purposes.”
Region 1 Emergency Management: Search for Maddi - Day 2 (signupgenius.com)
https://www.signupgenius.com/.../10c0e45aaa628a6f8c07...

SUNDAY APRIL 9th (EASTER): REST REST REST. NO SCHEDULED SEARCHES.
EVERYONE takes the day to REST. Help us to help her and REST. A poll will be posted Sunday night to schedule searches again for the 10th, pending no developments from the large-scale searches.
Maddi is a nurturing and loving soul and would NOT want us to forget to take care of ourselves. She would “mom” us into oblivion if we didn’t so we need to for her. Thank you all for your support and work to get Maddi home!

O/T I always wonder why volunteers have to SIGN up. Why isn't it enough to just SHOW up? Is it just a ruse by LE to capture names of people to investigate when they having nothing else to go on?
Being organised can only be a good thing, especially in a police investigation, I think. And God forbid an accident happens to one of the volunteers or they are late returning to the departing bus, having the names of everyone will help keep them safe IMO. I honestly don't think the volunteers mind passing on their details.

I O/T I always wonder why volunteers have to SIGN up. Why isn't it enough to just SHOW up? Is it just a ruse by LE to capture names of people to investigate when they having nothing else to go on?
I totally get it and would never think this is a ruse. There has to be some control over who is searching.

I totally get it and would never think this is a ruse. There has to be some control over who is searching.
I personally think its bogus. It would keep me from participating because I would think its most likely ruse. Maybe I'm the only one. I just can't help think its misplaced. Make it as easy as possible for people to participate. IMO

I personally think its bogus. It would keep me from participating because I would think its most likely ruse. Maybe I'm the only one. I just can't help think its misplaced. Make it as easy as possible for people to participate. IMO
Luckily for Madeline and her family, over 1800 people so far are ok with it.

APR 7, 2023
[...]

Coordinators organized the volunteers into groups, with designated team leaders and wristbands. Red Cross volunteers distributed water and food. School buses transported groups to different areas to search. An army of neon vests and first-responder insignia intermingled with those in street clothes.

From there, the search began. They looked through residential yards and along wooded riverbeds. Behind sheds and underneath boats docked on trailers in the grass.

[...]

Officials didn't clarify exactly how much ground the volunteers covered Friday. But, they did encourage residents to be proactive about searching their properties for anything that may seem out of place.

Bonney Bowman with the Minnesota Bureau of Investigation emphasized that in addition to the volunteer search party, law enforcement was actively investigating Kingsbury's disappearance.

"When I tell you this is incredibly active, I mean that literally," Bowman said. "We have folks doing everything you can think of."

[...]

#FindMaddi

You have to realize from a safety aspect, too. They need to be able to account for everyone. What if a searcher got lost or injured, they’d need to be able to identify them quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa