MN MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona 31 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
WINONA, Minn. (KTTC) – More details came to light Wednesday in the investigation of missing Winona mother, Madeline Kingsbury. The following information was filed by Winona County Health and Human Services after it learned Fravel does not have custodial rights to the children he shares with Kingsbury. That meant that with Kingsbury missing, the children did not have a legal guardian.

This petition was filed on April 4th, five days after Madeline Kingsbury went missing. Since her disappearance, thousands have been out searching.

Social Workers assisted law enforcement in attempting to place a 72-hour hold on the children in light of their mother being missing. According to a court document at the home where Adam Fravel and the children were, Fravel and his family become uncooperative with officials and would not allow social workers access to the children.

According to the petition, Farvel took the younger child into the home and locked the door despite being told the children were in the care and custody of Winona County. Farvel began shouting profane statements.

As reported by Winona County, Farvel will battle this in court. The sister of Kingsbury, Megan, told KTTC Tuesday the children are doing well.

“I am not able to comment too much on the kids, but they are safe, and they are doing well,” Megan Kingsbury explained.

Winona County said the 72-hour hold was to encourage the family to be cooperative to aid the transition for the children. These attempts were unsuccessful.

The poor kids. I hope they are with Madeline's family now.

APR 12, 2023
  • On Wednesday, police said they drafted and served "numerous" search warrants based off information received via tips or through investigative discovery.
  • Police haven't responded to Fox News Digital's request for more information about the search warrants, and police declined to comment on Fox News Digital's questions during a brief phone call Tuesday.
  • Fravel's lawyer told Fox News Digital in an email that they're boyfriend and girlfriend with two kids in common, but there are reports that they were planning to split up or were already in the process of separating.

WINONA, Minn. (KTTC) – More details came to light Wednesday in the investigation of missing Winona mother, Madeline Kingsbury. The following information was filed by Winona County Health and Human Services after it learned Fravel does not have custodial rights to the children he shares with Kingsbury. That meant that with Kingsbury missing, the children did not have a legal guardian.

This petition was filed on April 4th, five days after Madeline Kingsbury went missing. Since her disappearance, thousands have been out searching.

Social Workers assisted law enforcement in attempting to place a 72-hour hold on the children in light of their mother being missing. According to a court document at the home where Adam Fravel and the children were, Fravel and his family become uncooperative with officials and would not allow social workers access to the children.

According to the petition, Farvel took the younger child into the home and locked the door despite being told the children were in the care and custody of Winona County. Farvel began shouting profane statements.

Well THAT sure gives Josh Powell vibes?! My gosh, I truly hope those kids are safe.

In a statement through his lawyer, Adam Fravel said he wants her home “to be able to be with our two children” and clarified that his “non-attendance and silence” since Ms Kingsbury was first reported missing was not a sign of apathy.

“Over the course of the last 12 days my family and I have been subject to a myriad of accusations regarding the disappearance of the mother of my children, Maddi Kingsbury,” Mr Fravel said in a statement released to The Independent.

“I did not have anything to do with Maddi’s disappearance”

"I want the mother of my 5-year-old and 2-year-old to be found and brought home safely," Adam Fravel said in a statement released Wednesday by his attorney, Zachary Bauer. "I want that more than anything."

Kingsbury was last seen on March 31 dropping her children off at day care with Fravel. She didn't show up for work at Mayo Clinic in Rochester or pick up her kids. Police searched her van and home, finding her phone, wallet, ID and a jacket that she had worn earlier in the day.

Winona police say Fravel told law enforcement he left Kingsbury's home driving her van around 10 a.m., but didn't see her when he returned later that day. Police have yet to name suspects in Kingsbury's disappearance.

Fravel said Wednesday he has cooperated with local and state police "at every turn" and was advised by law enforcement not to participate in news conferences or organized searches for Kingsbury "due to safety concerns."

"However, my non-attendance and silence has been inferred by many as a sign of apathy, or worse," Fravel said. "That could not be further from the truth. I want Maddi home and for her to be able to be with our two children."

Bonney Bowman, a spokesperson with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, said she was "not aware of any law enforcement advising Mr. Fravel not to attend news conferences or search for Madeline."

Last edited:
Adam Fravel released the following statement through his attorney:

Sounds to me like he "lawyer-ed up"

JMO

My goodness. There is only one sentence in his statement that is not about himself.
If LE requested that he not be part of any search efforts, does he really believe that it was due to "safety concerns"?

Last edited:
*custody battle:
Video:
In a statement shared by the WPD, Kingsbury’s family wrote, “Nothing in life prepares you for this. The disappearance of our daughter and sister has been a waking nightmare with no respite. In the days and nights since Madeline disappeared, the immediate family and extended family have, collectively and individually, been experiencing emotions and trials that someone who has never been suddenly thrust into this horrific situation [no one] could ever imagine”

They continued, “Members of our family and close friends coordinate closely with law enforcement and send out search teams day after day, every day.

“From time to time and as we see the need we use social media to encourage and inform the large groups of volunteers helping us search for Madeline. We’re overwhelmed by the dedication and tangible expressions of love demonstrated by the huge circle of warriors she unknowingly gathered around her – her sorority sisters, coworkers at Mayo Clinic and other places, fellow students from her days at Winona State, other moms and her many, many friends, acquaintances and people whose lives she’s touched.

“We will continue to search for Madeline. We will not give up and our family will come out the other side of this forever changed but forever grateful for the tireless dedication of so many helpers – friends and relatives, people in law enforcement, other first responders, social workers, case workers, legal professionals, child advocates and many, many more.”

Last edited:
It’s not very common to sign a ROP if the parents are together. Establishing parentage to lay the foundation for custody isn’t top of mind when a couple has a baby that they intend to parent together (plus there is a lot of misinformation out there; people commonly think being named on a BC grants parental rights to the father).

Photo of Madeline.
Fravel’s statement came as Kingsbury’s sister Megan said Tuesday that the dad hasn’t been communicating with the Kingsbury family since Madeline disappeared.

“I think each of us family members have different ideas or thoughts about what may have happened, but nothing has been confirmed by law enforcement through any of their investigations,” Megan Kingsbury said.
Photo of Fravel posing in front of a small plane.

Okay Adam, that's good news and we should be able to clear this all up in a matter of minutes. Please detail the errands you ran on the day Maddi disappeared and you had her van - times, locations, etc. and provide receipts for any purchases you may have made during that time. Thank you for your cooperation. MOO

“We will continue to search for Madeline. We will not give up and our family will come out the other side of this forever changed but forever grateful for the tireless dedication of so many helpers – friends and relatives, people in law enforcement, other first responders, social workers, case workers, legal professionals, child advocates and many, many more.”
"....forever changed but forever grateful..."

Seems like they know she's not coming back. JMO

Okay Adam, that's good news and we should be able to clear this all up in a matter of minutes. Please detail the errands you ran on the day Maddi disappeared and you had her van - times, locations, etc. and provide receipts for any purchases you may have made during that time. Thank you for your cooperation. MOO
Wouldn't surprise me if one of the search warrants was for AF's bank records to see if he made any purchases during that time frame.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people will use credit/debit cards to purchase items after they have committed a crime. (Bleach, Rubber Gloves, Knives, Saws, Garbage Bags, Totes, Shovel, Gas Can, Gas)

JMO

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the search warrants was for AF's bank records to see if he made any purchases during that time frame.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people will use credit/debit cards to purchase items after they have committed a crime. (Bleach, Rubber Gloves, Knives, Saws, Garbage Bags, Totes, Shovel, Gas Can, Gas)

JMO
At Walmart...

^Statement from Adam Fravel.

I’m pretty biased against Adam, but I think it’s really off-putting that he led with how much he and his family have suffered. The focus should be on Maddi. Also, “please bring her home safely”…umm is his story that someone “has” her and this is his plea to them? I just can’t.

I think we will see an arrest before too long and, factually and statistically, it won’t surprise me if Adam is charged.
The full quote was “God bless the Kingsbury family and please bring her home safely”. I think he means God to bring her home safely, not implying that anyone has her.

Last edited:
The four-page petition filed by the Winona County Health and Human Services is included in this article.

APR 13, 2023
[...]

In the April 4 encounter, Fravel was allegedly "non-cooperative" and wouldn't allow social workers access to the kids, according to the petition.

That was the day Fravel allegedly had a tense, volatile standoff with social workers and police who attempted to take custody of the children, ages two and five, because he doesn't have custodial rights, according to the court filing.

Further muddying the waters is an emailed statement by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), which is assisting the Winona Police in Kingsbury's search, that said it's "not aware of any law enforcement advising Mr. Fravel not to attend news conferences or search(es) for Madeline."

[...]

Bauer said he doesn't represent Fravel in the child custody matter but said, "It's our general position to not comment on pending litigation."

Fravel is fighting in the courts to gain custody of the children.

[...]

Megan Kingsbury, Madeline's sister, told Fox News Digital in an exclusive interview at the time that she and her family had one goal of bringing Madeline home.

That hasn't changed, and it's no different from law enforcement's goal.

[...]

Court documents obtained by Fox News Digital and a law enforcement statement paint a different picture of what's happening behind the scenes in Winona, Minnesota.

"At one point, (Fravel) took the younger child into the residence and locked the door despite being told that the children were in the care and custody of Winona County," a petition filed April 4 by Winona County Health and Human Services just days after Kingsbury was last seen alleges

It’s not very common to sign a ROP if the parents are together. Establishing parentage to lay the foundation for custody isn’t top of mind when a couple has a baby that they intend to parent together (plus there is a lot of misinformation out there; people commonly think being named on a BC grants parental rights to the father).
In Minnesota its very common. Most birthing centers offer the form to unmarried parents. It establishes a legal relationship between a man and a child when the man is not married to the child's mother. Signing a Recognition of Parentage is an easy and inexpensive alternative to getting a court order establishing the legal father.

ETA: A ROP does not give a father custody or parenting time (visitation). I believe that’s why AF has a case for custody at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members