CO - Alexa Bartell, 20, killed in car when thrown rock struck windshield, possibly connected to similar cases in Denver area - Broomfield, 19 Apr 2023

IMO, definitely fired from a launcher, sometimes canister-style, though may be loose and not necessarily require a container. MOO
Definitely something like this. I lean more towards the homemade variety. They need to catch this person ASAP. BTW, my son made a marshmallow shooter for science class in the 6th grade. The dogs loved it. Lol.

The 18-year-old suspects were identified as Joseph Koenig, Nicholas “Mitch” Karol-Chik and Zachary Kwak and all were arrested at their Arvada homes, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.

While it remains unclear at this time which suspect(s) were driving throughout the spree, the suspect vehicle is a black 2016 Chevy Silverado. All three are suspected of throwing rocks and all three are currently facing charges of First Degree Murder, Extreme Indifference. Additional charges are expected to be filed and the First Judicial District Attorney’s Office will determine final charges. Mugshots are not available at this time

The 18-year-old suspects were identified as Joseph Koenig, Nicholas “Mitch” Karol-Chik and Zachary Kwak and all were arrested at their Arvada homes, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.

While it remains unclear at this time which suspect(s) were driving throughout the spree, the suspect vehicle is a black 2016 Chevy Silverado. All three are suspected of throwing rocks and all three are currently facing charges of First Degree Murder, Extreme Indifference. Additional charges are expected to be filed and the First Judicial District Attorney’s Office will determine final charges. Mugshots are not available at this time

Such a relief!!!

Wow.

18? I was really hoping this was going to be some really stupid 15~ year olds. 18 is old enough to know how dangerous and dumb their actions were.

Rest in eternal peace, Alexa.
My condolences to her family and friends.
Such an unexpected manner in which to lose your loved one.

What a disgusting and senseless crime.
Imo this cannot be construed as an 'accident'.
They're old enough to know a rock can kill.
Charge them to the max, and may they spend many years in prison thinking about their life choices.
M00.

ugh, she was on the phone talking when her car was hit. That person on the other end of that call - how horrifying. Some peace that Alexa is not suffering, (IMO) but that person, ugh... my heart aches for them...

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The suspects accused of killing a woman by throwing a rock into her vehicle turned around after the deadly incident and took a photo of her crashed vehicle, then met the next day to "get their stories straight," an affidavit for their arrest from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says.

Honestly, what losers.

Curious of size and weight of rocks. Do they just pick up random available rock or do they have a collection?
The area where this happened is known as Rocky Flats. Rocks of just about any size you want can be found by the roadside.

I used to live in this area and drove past this homicide site on Indiana almost every day.

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The suspects accused of killing a woman by throwing a rock into her vehicle turned around after the deadly incident and took a photo of her crashed vehicle, then met the next day to "get their stories straight," an affidavit for their arrest from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says.

Honestly, what losers.

the idea that if she were still lingering they could've helped her is beyond ...

Moo...stupid, I am sure death was not intended...but stupid. So many lives (and death) altered...because of stupid....moo
But after the incident they came back to the scene of her death and took pictures of the scene-----AND WENT OUT THE NEXT DAY AND DID THE SAME THING AGAIN...

So intended or not, it it didn't stop them from doing it again first chance they got. Lock em up, throw away the key....

Three adults. They knew they could kill someone and none of them really cared, IMO.

...Karol-Chik allegedly told investigators that he felt “a hint of guilt” after seeing the victim’s car...said, “We have to go back and see that,"...told investigators the suspects felt “excited” when the rocks hit cars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back