Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there was a crime scene near the trash and recycling area or her apartment complex, she was known to sort recycling from trash, she disappeared on the day that trash was collected and it took someone calling in a tip for investigators to start looking through the collected trash for that day? Am I understanding that correctly?

So there was a crime scene near the trash and recycling area or her apartment complex, she was known to sort recycling from trash, she disappeared on the day that trash was collected and it took someone calling in a tip for investigators to start looking through the collected trash for that day? Am I understanding that correctly?

Basically yes… except we don’t know what exactly prompted Police to check the rubbish truck footage …. We don’t know if that was a “tip” or not??

Residents in a nearby street might be getting a bit worried that mail with their details has been found.
Not that it's anything to do with this case but when you dump something you wouldn't expect anyone to go through it.

I don't know if anyone else is the same but I always cut any identifying details off any mail I get rid of.
I then shred what's left of it and add it to the compost.

That's when I had a strip shredder and I've always been uncomfortable with how readable the shredded paper is, hence the compost.
I now have a cross cut shredder that shreds into tiny squares and I haven't been able to make out any identifiable details.

Still not sure I want to put it out for collection or just stick to my safe compost way
I wonder if the “mail” could end up being significant in this case??? If other residents thought LT could have been going thru their binned mail while sorting the recycling ???

I can imagine that could also cause some angst …..especially if they thought she may be seeing some kind of personal details while sorting the recycling …

imo

The police might have just come across a shipping label from a package.

I cut up the labels addressed to me, from online shopping packages. Though I know that others don't, especially if they are under one of those plasticy protective covers that are sometimes over the label.
And if it was a plastic shipping bag, as they often are, they usually can't go into recycling.

Residents in a nearby street might be getting a bit worried that mail with their details has been found.
Not that it's anything to do with this case but when you dump something you wouldn't expect anyone to go through it.

I don't know if anyone else is the same but I always cut any identifying details off any mail I get rid of.
I then shred what's left of it and add it to the compost.

That's when I had a strip shredder and I've always been uncomfortable with how readable the shredded paper is, hence the compost.
I now have a cross cut shredder that shreds into tiny squares and I haven't been able to make out any identifiable details.

Still not sure I want to put it out for collection or just stick to my safe compost way
I think a lot of people would share disconcerted feeling of not enjoying their rubbish being gone through whether at the tip or in their bins.

Another good thing about them finding a local address in the rubbish is that the address was likely on something much smaller than Lesley. If they can find something that much smaller, they hopefully should be able to locate Lesley, the clothes that she was wearing, her shoes ....

If there are any POIs in her disappearance, I bet they are sweating bullets at the moment.

Another good thing about them finding a local address in the rubbish is that the address was likely on something much smaller than Lesley. If they can find something that much smaller, they hopefully should be able to locate Lesley, the clothes that she was wearing, her shoes ....

If there are any POIs in her disappearance, I bet they are sweating bullets at the moment.
I fear, the cause of death can no longer be determined nor traces of DNA. :(

I fear, the cause of death can no longer be determined nor traces of DNA. :(

I think cause of death may be able to be determined, depending what it was.
I agree that contact DNA may be a problem.

Have to hope police are having some success with this ... "Investigators continue to run out extensive enquiries in relation the death".

Last edited:
From South's link.
It says that each lane of rubbish is 30 metres deep.
I'm having doubts that just a couple more weeks is going to be long enough to make much of a dent.

From the earlier pics, the rubbish was kind of spread out flat.
The latest photos show deep trenches :(

From South's link.
It says that each lane of rubbish is 30 metres deep.
I'm having doubts that just a couple more weeks is going to be long enough to make much of a dent.

From the earlier pics, the rubbish was kind of spread out flat.
The latest photos show deep trenches :(

I think they have their metrics confused, it should be "The waste will be exhumed from the ground. It will then be tipped into lanes approximately 30cm deep ....Superintendent Massingham said. "

Centimetres, not metres.

I think the deep lanes are what they have so far dug out and laid out into 30cm deep lanes, to hand sift. They may have wanted to show that they are making good progress.

I wonder how big 3000 tonnes of compressed rubbish is. How large of an area that takes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members