OK - Ivy Webster, 14 and Brittney Brewer, 16, among 7 murdered by Jesse McFadden, Henryetta, 1 May 2023

Sometimes. We have a cultural predisposition to believe that "false allegations" are common, which they aren't, and these perps tend to be charming, or else they could never get away with all the horrible things they do. Definitely some of these scumbags are able to turn their current partner against "the crazy ex" and make it seem like she was just trying to ruin his life out of spite or get ahold of his money or whatever. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned dates back to 1697! We've been programmed to believe women and children are vindictive liars, always going after poor, innocent men.

We also have to remember, not everybody is a websleuth! I googled the heck out of my current husband, and checked his criminal record, all the things, especially because I have little ones. But I've had acquaintances not react well to that: "Wow, calm down there bunny-boiler, you did what? Little bit psycho there."

It's because of my sleuthing, I found out there was a child sex offender two blocks away in my affluent former neighborhood. I watched my kids like a hawk! But the dude's wife? Apparently did not care one bit or somehow didn't know even though the offenses (getting two teenagers drunk and molesting them) happened while they were married. He died of cancer about a year and half later, and the wife wrote an absolutely glowing obituary about him and his "valiant battle against cancer."

I also had a friend get engaged to a guy who had another fiance! His whole family and circle of friends knew this was going on and felt like it was a perfectly fine way for this guy to carry on his affairs. They all lied to both women and covered for him!

So sadly, some people are just ignorant, and others have extremely questionable values. We don't know what the case was with Holly, but it resulted in her and her family being victims of the most horrific outcome that could happen.
What a great response, thank you. This guy is probably just like you mentioned. Funny, out going, maybe even a touch flirtatious. Boy, oh boy! He sure fooled 'em all

<modsnip: Comments from family social media are off limits> Holly and her children are also victims. Here is Holly's FB

I've been there checking it out. First impressions, she doesn't mention relationship status, keeps her friend list private, was young, attractive, and seemed to be a doting mom (MOO). Her privacy settings don't give much more to go on.

the comments people are making under her post wishing Tiffany a happy 15th birthday and probably others are disgusting. The woman is dead. I hate how people act on social media. Spewing all the venom without an ounce of real accountability. What good does it do to say awful things on the FB page of a dead woman, whose family members will see all the ugly?

What is wrong with society? Why can't humans simply be human to one another?

According to this article, Jesse McFadden texted the victim of the earlier, solicitation case, stating that this was her fault for continuing that fight for justice. I pray for that girl, because, even though it’s not true, she will likely carry the guilt of this.

MOO

The sad part is that since he committed these crimes while incarcerated for other crimes, she likely has no say so, the case would likely be pursued by the state regardless of her wanting to pursue charges or not. Horrifying for him to outwardly blame her while obviously still not holding himself as accountable.

On Tuesday, Janette Mayo, 59, of Westville, Oklahoma, said she received a call late on Monday from the Okmulgee County Sheriff's Office to notify her that the deceased victims included her daughter, 35-year-old Holly Guess, and her grandchildren, 17-year-old Rylee Elizabeth Allen, 15-year-old Michael James Mayo and 13-year-old Tiffany Dore Guess.

At some point we have to hold people responsible for their own actions, no? We can't make a law against stupid. The jails aren't big enough.
To be clear, we are talking about informing people of their potential spouse's violent/felonious/sexual criminal history when they apply for a marriage license, not throwing anybody in "jail" for being "stupid."

I believe the people we need to hold accountable for their own actions are violent and sex offenders, not their potential victims. I always side with the victim.

OMG. Is she talking about the same Holly he married only one year ago???
I will watch again, the only mention I heard of the name Holly was when she spoke about the solicitation victim receiving messages. The rape victim who was speaking said those messages came from a fake account called Holly Days/Holly Daze or something to that effect. I will go listen again.

Not that it does any good for the unfortunate victims in this case, but I am hoping the media does a deep dive into this and finds out WHY he was released from prison, WHO made the determination that he was 'safe' to release, and HOW that decision was reached.

IMO we can only hope that our justice system learns from these cases and keeps people like this in prison. Clearly his time in prison didn't 'reform' or 'rehabilitate' this person in any way. Again, MOO.

Pulled from an ABC source:

“The court date stemmed from charges filed in 2017, when McFadden was accused of using a cell phone to exchange nude photos and videos with an underage girl, while he was serving time for a 2003 rape conviction, according to CNN affiliate KOKI.”

(I know this has been brought up in the thread before.)

Did I miss the point where sex offenders in prison are now given cellphones and unmonitored internet access? I’m really asking. I don’t know how I feel about it (obviously it’s not great in this scenario). There could be a lot of rehabilitation opportunities, educational, just keeping people occupied in a largely inhumane prison system … but being able to find underage victims seems like a loophole that shouldn’t exist.

Sorry if this comes across as naive, I just had no idea. And maybe it was an illicit/smuggled cellphone?

What I don’t understand is how he was going to trial in 2023 for something that happened in 2017 while he was in prison? Why wouldn’t that be dealt with while he was in prison?
And why on earth was he let out "early" - which is usually for good behavior - if he was continuing his criminal activity! I'm also livid that he was out (I can't find whether he had to post bond/bail) when he was being prosecuted for this criminal activity! This whole story is so profoundly tragic. All five kids who had no say in the adults who were brought around them - it's hard to know whether to scream or cry.

And why on earth was he let out "early" - which is usually for good behavior - if he was continuing his criminal activity! I'm also livid that he was out (I can't find whether he had to post bond/bail) when he was being prosecuted for this criminal activity! This whole story is so profoundly tragic. All five kids who had no say in the adults who were brought around them - it's hard to know whether to scream or cry.
Bbm.
Agreed.

I'd like to think that the older relatives were not o.k. with this and may have asked questions ?
Certainly the parents of the two girls, Ivy and Brittany -- were they ever told how dangerous this monster was ?

If a dog becomes vicious and attacks an adult or a child, it's often put down.
Sometimes humanely euthanized the first time it happens.
The animal is always innocent, but due to mistreatment or being wired wrong , it can no longer be trusted.

But we allow rapists to walk free based on their assertion that they are 'sorry' ?
Even though he maxed out his sentence, he was still committing crimes !
No.
Not right at all.
Imo.

I'm very curious about his parole requirements, since he was out while awaiting trail for an (alleged) crime he committed while in prison. Since he was a convicted RSO, surely there were restrictions about his contact with minors?

Sometimes. We have a cultural predisposition to believe that "false allegations" are common, which they aren't, and these perps tend to be charming, or else they could never get away with all the horrible things they do. Definitely some of these scumbags are able to turn their current partner against "the crazy ex" and make it seem like she was just trying to ruin his life out of spite or get ahold of his money or whatever. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned dates back to 1697! We've been programmed to believe women and children are vindictive liars, always going after poor, innocent men.

We also have to remember, not everybody is a websleuth! I googled the heck out of my current husband, and checked his criminal record, all the things, especially because I have little ones. But I've had acquaintances not react well to that: "Wow, calm down there bunny-boiler, you did what? Little bit psycho there."

It's because of my sleuthing, I found out there was a child sex offender two blocks away in my affluent former neighborhood. I watched my kids like a hawk! But the dude's wife? Apparently did not care one bit or somehow didn't know even though the offenses (getting two teenagers drunk and molesting them) happened while they were married. He died of cancer about a year and half later, and the wife wrote an absolutely glowing obituary about him and his "valiant battle against cancer."

I also had a friend get engaged to a guy who had another fiance! His whole family and circle of friends knew this was going on and felt like it was a perfectly fine way for this guy to carry on his affairs. They all lied to both women and covered for him!

So sadly, some people are just ignorant, and others have extremely questionable values. We don't know what the case was with Holly, but it resulted in her and her family being victims of the most horrific outcome that could happen.
I had a former co-worker, who was still a Facebook friend, get involved with a new man after she and her kids' dad got divorced. I had a bad feeling about this, and looked him up, and ZOMG the guy had a record longer than your arm, and this included orders of protection filed by TWO previous wives! I messaged her with a link to this, and she just replied, "I know". Not much you can do in a situation like that.

She unfriended and blocked me after she posted a meme that said "My kids weren't a mistake, but their father sure was!" and I replied, "It would be a really good idea for you to remove that post." Last I heard, her ex-husband had primary custody of the children, one of which has special needs, and she was not allowed to see them unsupervised, although it was for reasons other than this guy. ETA: Among other things, she had texted a death threat to her ex and tried to pass it off as a butt dial.

I would never have thought her capable of anything like that when I was working with her!

Pulled from an ABC source:

“The court date stemmed from charges filed in 2017, when McFadden was accused of using a cell phone to exchange nude photos and videos with an underage girl, while he was serving time for a 2003 rape conviction, according to CNN affiliate KOKI.”

(I know this has been brought up in the thread before.)

Did I miss the point where sex offenders in prison are now given cellphones and unmonitored internet access? I’m really asking. I don’t know how I feel about it (obviously it’s not great in this scenario). There could be a lot of rehabilitation opportunities, educational, just keeping people occupied in a largely inhumane prison system … but being able to find underage victims seems like a loophole that shouldn’t exist.

Sorry if this comes across as naive, I just had no idea. And maybe it was an illicit/smuggled cellphone?

a news article I read yesterday mentioned it was a contraband cellphone:

https://www.newson6.com/story/644fc...m-okmulgee-county-found-on-henryetta-property

"McFadden was a registered sex offender who was supposed to stand trial Monday, May 1, in Muskogee County.
He was charged in 2017 with using a contraband cell phone in prison to send sexual messages to a teenage girl.
He was in prison at that time after being convicted of rape in 2003 in Pittsburg County."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back