NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

I don't see why it wasn't yes for rape though if they believed everything else. Very odd.

Okay, I see why. Lisa Rubin said just now that Carroll testified she couldn't be sure that (a bit graphic here, sorry) he assaulted her with his genitals because couldn't see, but did know he used his hand. So that makes sense if they didn't want to go with that count.

Last edited:
I think it was Sexual harassment they found him liable for, not SA.
AP news:
NEW YORK (AP) — A jury found Donald Trump liable Tuesday for sexually abusing advice columnist E. Jean Carroll in 1996, awarding her $5 million in a judgment that could haunt the former president as he campaigns to regain the White House.

The verdict was announced in a federal courtroom in New York City on the first day of jury deliberations. Jurors rejected Carroll’s claims that she was raped, but found Trump liable for sexually abusing her.

Hours earlier, U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan read instructions on the law to the nine-person jury before the panel began discussing Carroll’s allegations of battery and defamation shortly before noon.

Trump, who did not attend the trial, has insisted he never sexually assaulted Carroll or even knew her.

sexual abuse
You can be sexually assaulted that does not include rape. Not odd at all.
I think it was Sexual harassment they found him liable for, not SA.

VERDICT FORM
Battery
Did Ms. Carroll prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that
1. Mr. Trump raped Ms. Carroll? YES _____ NO _____ [If you answered “Yes,” skip to Question 4. If you answered “No,” continue to Question 2.]
2. Mr. Trump sexually abused Ms. Carroll? YES _____ NO _____ [If you answered “Yes,” skip to Question 4. If you answered “No,” continue to Question 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back