TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Just speaking personally I think its a good possibility. Especially as her answers go on and her writing is less controlled.
I've seen the handwriting of DA, FA, TT, ST, so far, and out of those DA is the most similar imo
Wow. That's  very interesting. Also, very telling (the part about how the writing changes).

Just speaking personally I think its a good possibility. Especially as her answers go on and her writing is less controlled.
I've seen the handwriting of DA, FA, TT, ST, so far, and out of those DA is the most similar imo
Sorry I meant to hit like. I agree with you 100%.

As I understand it, there was a lot of fuss over DA's possible involvement when DJ came on the scene. DA and her brother were at odds (to put it nicely) for awhile over that. Then, when it was (somehow) decided that  TT wrote the note (or was it the envelope?), all of a sudden DA seemed to be off the hook, and she and her brother reconciled. Have I understood that correctly?

Last edited:
40 questions is the most important because it has DA answering 40 questions in her own handwriting and you can compare her handwriting to the note.
Well, for me it's one of the similarities that people see very clearly as they're suggested that they should see that - and completely within a range of siblings likely learning and writing together while growing up.

I did this insanity:
1683856714344.png
Capital "I" - no resemblance.
"Know" and "m" - kinda similar, but she doesn't really do much of ' while they're pretty huge in the note.
Small "t" with a loop in the note, no loops in DA's handwriting.

1683856893356.png
"g" in the note has angle, no angle in DA's "g".
Completely different capital "H".
Pretty similar looking "Houston".
"p" & capital "L" also similar.
1683857316276.png
Similarities... then completely different "b".
1683857444467.png
All her "i" seem to be straight lines if it's first letter of the word, in the note they're similar to her "i" in the middle of the word.
One capital "S" similar, other not so much, and she seems to have a lot of confidence while writing it, in the note it looks kinda hesitant, like the author wasn't very experienced in writing.
Could go either way with "w" and "W".
1683857768155.png
Some similarities again.
1683857949736.png
But then there is this strange as hell "T" in the letter, completely different from hers.
None of her "c" has this tiny triangle shaped something that most of "c" in the note had. Completely different "c".

Numbers from the envelope vs. DA's numbers:
1683858644342.png

That straight line "1" holds striking resemblance but more complex numbers are pretty different.

I've been wondering about that. Wondering exactly what the questions were, as well as how (and how many) she actually answered.
I like how she ignored the question about what exactly she was doing on the 23rd.
Looks hella incriminating, but it was probably not first nor even fortieth time when she was asked this question by DJ alone.

Well, for me it's one of the similarities that people see very clearly as they're suggested that they should see that - and completely within a range of siblings likely learning and writing together while growing up.

I did this insanity:
View attachment 421570
"Know" and "m" - kinda similar, but she doesn't really do much of ' while they're pretty huge in the note.

View attachment 421571
View attachment 421572
View attachment 421573
All her "i" seem to be straight lines if it's first letter of the word, in the note they're similar to her "i" in the middle of the word.
One capital "S" similar, other not so much, and she seems to have a lot of confidence while writing it, in the note it looks kinda hesitant, like the author wasn't very experienced in writing.
View attachment 421574
Some similarities again.
View attachment 421575
But then there is this strange as hell "T" in the letter, completely different from hers.
None of her "c" has this tiny triangle shaped something that most of "c" in the note had. Completely different "c".

View attachment 421579

That straight line "1" holds striking resemblance but more complex numbers are pretty different.
Did you see that see that looked like she where she did the large loop?

Did you see that see that looked like she where she did the large loop?
For me it's just not the same handwriting. And I'd put more on somebody's attempt to fake DA's handwriting than it being her handwriting (but cause I assume that Rachel had similar, then it likely was an attempt to fake hers).

At some point I got completely distracted by the story about her getting a job at a place where some creep later put in prison for abducting five girls/women worked, with CA showing up there immediately to stop that from happening and preventing her from working there.

I did this insanity:
View attachment 421570

View attachment 421571
View attachment 421572
View attachment 421573
View attachment 421574
Some similarities again.
View attachment 421575

View attachment 421579

Thank you. It's awesome.

For me it's just not the same handwriting. And I'd put more on somebody's attempt to fake DA's handwriting than it being her handwriting (but cause I assume that Rachel had similar, then it likely was an attempt to fake hers).

At some point I got completely distracted by the story about her getting a job at a place where some creep later put in prison for abducting five girls/women worked, with CA showing up there immediately to stop that from happening and preventing her from working there.
I went back and looked it's her answer to question #6. She says "still see Debbie" BUT it looks like still she Debbie cause of the way she does her large loops.

Is this the same CA who allegedly "whipped her till her legs bled" (per RA), and was (according to DJ) fooling around with underage girls at the shop, provided by DA?

As I understand it, there was a lot of fuss over DA's possible involvement when DJ came on the scene. DA and her brother were at odds (to put it nicely) for awhile over that. Then, when it was (somehow) decided that  TT wrote the note (or was it the envelope?), all of a sudden DA seemed to be off the hook, and she and her brother reconciled. Have I understood that correctly?
Pretty much and everyone is just supposed to forget all the nastiness that went on and not ask questions.

I went back and looked it's her answer to question #6. She says "still see Debbie" BUT it looks like still she Debbie cause of the way she does her large loops.
I wouldn't even notice. No "e" like that in the note. Nor the "s".
Kinda similarish to the "l" in "Rachel" but it's more reasonable for me to assume that writer of the note accidentally wrote second "e" instead of "l" and later tried to put "l" with large loop over that accidental "e" - not the other way round (meaning: did this large loop "l" looking "e" as a second "e" in "Rachel" but later corrected it into smaller "e").

1683889910352.png
I don't know what I'm trying to notice here.

Yes that is my understanding, also.

Who/what made RA back off ? I wonder if it was a case where some family secret connected to the girls disappearance (that FA and DA knew about), was then told to RA to make him take a step back ?

It then became more a case of RA searching for the girls remains as opposed to finding who was responsible ?

Yes that is my understanding, also.

Who/what made RA back off ? I wonder if it was a case where some family secret connected to the girls disappearance (that FA and DA knew about), was then told to RA to make him take a step back ?

It then became more a case of RA searching for the girls remains as opposed to finding who was responsible ?
I thought that something might have come out between them all that made RA change his opinion towards DA because there was some real nasty goings on between them all that I would imagine would be difficult to move on from, even for family. Also I found it hard to imagine RA accepting anyone telling him anything that he didn't agree with!
My other thought was did he use the writing analysis as a way of pretending all is good between them so he could be around DA again and maybe get information from her, but again I can't imagine him keeping his cool so long.
Whatever happened it was a big 180

I thought that something might have come out between them all that made RA change his opinion towards DA because there was some real nasty goings on between them all that I would imagine would be difficult to move on from, even for family. Also I found it hard to imagine RA accepting anyone telling him anything that he didn't agree with!
My other thought was did he use the writing analysis as a way of pretending all is good between them so he could be around DA again and maybe get information from her, but again I can't imagine him keeping his cool so long.
Possibly some new whitness came forward or they learned about some evidence that made it impossible for DA to be involved and the whole scenario RA believed so much in revealed itself to be inaccurate.

Did they ever reached for help from real PI, experienced with dealing with cold cases and missing people? There are retired investigators who are willing to help families for free, even with decades old cold cases.
Cause having those two weirdos - Swaim who contacted them first and was doing his weird things for free, and James who was working with Swaim from the 70's and who's joined their efforts in mysterious circumstances - is just odd.

I wouldn't even notice. No "e" like that in the note. Nor the "s".
Kinda similarish to the "l" in "Rachel" but it's more reasonable for me to assume that writer of the note accidentally wrote second "e" instead of "l" and later tried to put "l" with large loop over that accidental "e" - not the other way round (meaning: did this large loop "l" looking "e" as a second "e" in "Rachel" but later corrected it into smaller "e").

View attachment 421711
I don't know what I'm trying to notice here.
It is the complete opposite to me but to me shows a person who let's her LOOPS go at times. Just my opinion but in Rachel a loop was added to the "E" and in see an "E" was added to the loop OR the person stops with the pen making a spot and then makes the loop.

Possibly some new whitness came forward or they learned about some evidence that made it impossible for DA to be involved and the whole scenario RA believed so much in revealed itself to be inaccurate.

Did they ever reached for help from real PI, experienced with dealing with cold cases and missing people? There are retired investigators who are willing to help families for free, even with decades old cold cases.
Cause having those two weirdos - Swaim who contacted them first and was doing his weird things for free, and James who was working with Swaim from the 70's and who's joined their efforts in mysterious circumstances - is just odd.
It seems to me that Swaim got a bit of traction early on with his investigation, but it had run out steam well before 1979 when he passed away.

I don't think Dan James had too much to offer from the get go. Did he ever come up with any solid leads or new information to move the case forward ?

It seems to me that Swaim got a bit of traction early on with his investigation, but it had run out steam well before 1979 when he passed away.

I don't think Dan James had too much to offer from the get go. Did he ever come up with any solid leads or new information to move the case forward ?
Im still a bit suspicious about where DJ came from. The likelihood RA just plucked the one pi out the yellow pages who not only had worked the case from the beginning, but also matched the craziness that has been the RA investigation just seems pretty small. Like alot of other things involving this case I don't think we have been told the whole story

Do we know when it was he did this 180? What year was it? And when did he delete his website?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back