IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true LE can use many tactics during an interrogation. While reading the parts of KAK's interrogation that were released, I sensed the mood was truthful. That's how I percieved it. I saw side-stepping, flat out lies from KAK and then back-peddling. There also came a time when KAK's veil of denial came down and he basically said to the lone officer left in the room, (paraphrasing) if you think you can prove it, then prove it.

Taken as a whole, IMO, it implicates KAK heavily in being involved in not only catfishing LG but setting her up on a meet. Again, AJMO. We can agree to disagree.
There is now one less tactic that LE can use and that one is lying to children during interrogations. I never knew that they would/could do that. Lying to kids... the first news article should have included the word "juvenile" because the law applies to anyone under the age of 18.

"Senate Bill 415 will prohibit the use of a child’s statements if police lied to them. Under current Indiana law, if a member of law enforcement knowingly lies about criminal evidence, information or consequences while interviewing a child, the child’s statement can be used against them."

"The new legislation states that any statement made by a juvenile during a police interrogation would be inadmissible in court if the juvenile is under the age of 18 and has been knowingly lied to by a police officer.
An amendment was added to the legislation that requires police officers to make a reasonable attempt to contact the parents of a child who has been arrested or taken into custody."

It's true LE can use many tactics during an interrogation. While reading the parts of KAK's interrogation that were released, I sensed the mood was truthful. That's how I percieved it. I saw side-stepping, flat out lies from KAK and then back-peddling. There also came a time when KAK's veil of denial came down and he basically said to the lone officer left in the room, (paraphrasing) if you think you can prove it, then prove it.

Taken as a whole, IMO, it implicates KAK heavily in being involved in not only catfishing LG but setting her up on a meet. Again, AJMO. We can agree to disagree.
One thing I can say about the interview is that the CSAM examples LE talked to KAK about do seem to accurately reflect his charges (and what we see in the arrest affidavit) in regards to dates, SM platforms, and what kind of activities were being done, so I don't think LE needed to lie about that stuff. JMO.

As for the Delphi stuff, it's really impossible for any of us to pick out the truths in that interview. So in the spirit of speculation, the possibilities are open-ended, imo.

Last edited:
One thing I can say about the interview is that the CSAM examples LE talked to KAK about do seem to accurately reflect his charges (and what we see in the arrest affidavit) in regards to dates, SM platforms, and what kind of activities were being done, so I don't think LE needed to lie about that stuff. JMO.

As for the Delphi stuff, it's really impossible for any of us to pick out the truths in that interview. So in the spirit of speculation, the possibilities are open-ended, imo.
I agree, when and at this point if KAK finally gets to trial, it's all a matter of how we read and digest that 196 page redacted interrogation. My observations and opinions are my own. Like some here have commented, it's nice and it's brain healthy to hear opposing views. It's all about the discussion :)

If that's the case, why do you think he hasn't been charged with anything related to the murders?

I have still not quit thinking about Chadwell from Lafayette perhaps being involved. He has the Peru connection and the MO of attacks on young girls. The talk about TK’s dog having DNA testing done and JC allowing his dog to attack the young victim. Birds of a feather flock together and JC KAK and JA have similar feathers it appears. JMHO

I have still not quit thinking about Chadwell from Lafayette perhaps being involved. He has the Peru connection and the MO of attacks on young girls. The talk about TK’s dog having DNA testing done and JC allowing his dog to attack the young victim. Birds of a feather flock together and JC KAK and JA have similar feathers it appears. JMHO

I am not expecting anymore for Chadwell to be named as being connected to Delphi, but if it happened, I sure wouldn’t be surprised.

I've thought similarly about the time in question that day. It would have been a normal work day for most working adults, during the time in question how many middle-aged males were there, alone? All indications are RA was the only middle-aged male there alone between 1 and 4 PM.

Why this didn't stick out to LE, and why he wasn't a prime suspect early on, I guess we'll never know.

JMO

The amazing part to me is that anyone who has looked at this case now that it has been solved does not seem concerned about the two different sketches.

Who were those two different people the witnesses saw? Or does Richard Allen look that different to two different people?

Richard Allen, assuming there is some hard evidence not yet revealed, is probably the killer. But I am not sure.

Whether it was the height or the hat or the jacket or the sketches, all of these things should have alerted people to the possibility that maybe there was someone else out on the Monon High Bridge Trail that day.

If that's the case, why do you think he hasn't been charged with anything related to the murders?
IMO, because not everyone involved hasn't been charged yet. There's a lot of investigations still going on. KAK's court dates have been continually postponed. I think the same may happen with RA. Sooner or later the prosecutor will have to say, ok these people are all we can prove in court and make more arrests.
This is AJMO

The amazing part to me is that anyone who has looked at this case now that it has been solved does not seem concerned about the two different sketches.
I think there are a whole lot of people that are concerned about the reason behind the two sketches.

I suppose one day we will know why.
Doug Carter can’t wait to tell us.

Yep. All of this. It's hard to shake the feeling that others are involved, but with all this secrecy on the side of LE, it's hard to pinpoint anything. Personally, it's hard for me to imagine any kind of coordination with these folks. While I'm aware there are people who work together to commit crimes against children, none of these perps fits the profile for me. Except maybe KAK. He's tech-savvy, has a sense of operational security (OPSEC) and a bit of hustle to him. The others, I just don't see them coordinating anything. Just exploiting immediate opportunity. I sincerely hope that all will be revealed at trial, if nothing else so that what we've seen and learned makes some sort of sense.

Side tangent -- maybe it's my own paranoia, but the way RA has been cloistered away in secrecy perturbs me. It seems outside the realm of normal behavior. Someone leaning toward the "conspiracy theory" side of things might not be surprised at all if he suddenly wound up dead in his current circumstance. No trial, no grand reveal, just conveniently dead. Which would leave a lot of us wondering if he was just a convenient scapegoat. Just sayin'. Had he been treated the way normal accused people are treated, I might not feel this way. And maybe what they're doing is totally correct, and if he had been treated like the accused he would already be dead, and it's really for his protection. All I know is if I were him, guilty or not, I would be afraid for my life, in a big big way.

Who were those two different people the witnesses saw? Or does Richard Allen look that different to two different people?

Richard Allen, assuming there is some hard evidence not yet revealed, is probably the killer. But I am not sure.

Whether it was the height or the hat or the jacket or the sketches, all of these things should have alerted people to the possibility that maybe there was someone else out on the Monon High Bridge Trail that day.

Just my thoughts, but I think the release of that second sketch in 2019 was because LE was clueless at that point and the investigation was dead in the water.
Just looking at RA’s PCA, RL‘s Search Warrant, and KAK’s Feb 2017 search warrant shows pretty much everything of importance(?) LE knew, they gathered in about the first month after the murders.
The April 2019 press conference was an act of desperation. They finally mention a car at CPS, a 2 second video, and added an entire word to the audio clip. The young guy sketch was drawn only days after the murders, probably put in a drawer somewhere and pulled out and someone thought…it’s a long shot but maybe the guy might have looked like this so let’s put it out there.
I do not believe what LE said at the time, that the new direction and information was from information gathered over time. Everything they presented that day was known to them within days of the murders. The car, the video, the audio, and the young guy sketch.
My greatest fear at RA’s trial is that stupid second sketch. How the prosecution will explain it, the delay in releasing it, why it was introduced when it was as taking presidence over the old sketch, put up on posters etc, and doesn’t look a thing like RA.

I think there are a whole lot of people that are concerned about the reason behind the two sketches.

I suppose one day we will know why.
Doug Carter can’t wait to tell us.

I really do not think LE has an explanation for the two different sketches other than they were desperate to try to solve the case with anything. Sometimes emotions can lead to making bad decisions.

I do not think RA looks like either of those two sketches. I think about the only benefit of the two sketches is that they were so far off that maybe it made RA overconfident in thinking he would never get caught.

Also let me state that I am NOT saying RA is NOT the killer, only that there are certain aspects of this case that leave open the possibility that someone else may have been on the Monon High Bridge trail that day. This is unless you think the two sketches are two different people's interpretation of what Richard Allen looked like in February 2017.

I really do not think LE has an explanation for the two different sketches other than they were desperate to try to solve the case with anything. Sometimes emotions can lead to making bad decisions.

I do not think RA looks like either of those two sketches. I think about the only benefit of the two sketches is that they were so far off that maybe it made RA overconfident in thinking he would never get caught.

Also let me state that I am NOT saying RA is NOT the killer, only that there are certain aspects of this case that leave open the possibility that someone else may have been on the Monon High Bridge trail that day. This is unless you think the two sketches are two different people's interpretation of what Richard Allen looked like in February 2017.
I don’t think either sketch looks like RA. I think they both are based on other people.

I think if they would have released only the video and not the sketches, then RAs wife or other relative may have tipped him in. I bet someone recognized him in the video but then saw the sketch and decided they were mistaken.

I also don’t think anyone else was involved.

I think LG was super vulnerable which made KAK seem suspicious since she was also a victim of his catfishing, he just wasn’t involved in her murder.

hard to imagine these two little girls being groomed on line. and then randomly murdered by someone who is another unconnected sex predator..I am having trouble with this. Also I still find JBC odd and suspect for one thousand reasons. But here we find ourselves with this lone rando..just somehow finding the girls on the bridge that day.

predators everywhere, creeps everywhere,

as a woman I feel like I want to go back in time where if you murdered little girls..if you were a pedo ...you might just end up dead and no one would say boo..Back in the day , if you were crazy, schizo, bi-polar, psychotic, evil,or dirty..you went to the nut house forever..If you raped, killed, abused..you were not getting out of jail anytime soon and most likely in a box.

I know this sounds mean but society is relying on medication to treat mental illness..medication doesn't always work.

Society is relying on a broken system to recycle sex offenders, crazy people and even killers and put them back on the street without even fulfilling their sentences..it's all a game to criminals. <modsnip: No link to support stats stated as fact>

sorry for rambling but I think their is a $$$ motive to this crime as well as sexual.

we need to have the gag order lifted. mOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. All of this. It's hard to shake the feeling that others are involved, but with all this secrecy on the side of LE, it's hard to pinpoint anything. Personally, it's hard for me to imagine any kind of coordination with these folks. While I'm aware there are people who work together to commit crimes against children, none of these perps fits the profile for me. Except maybe KAK. He's tech-savvy, has a sense of operational security (OPSEC) and a bit of hustle to him. The others, I just don't see them coordinating anything. Just exploiting immediate opportunity. I sincerely hope that all will be revealed at trial, if nothing else so that what we've seen and learned makes some sort of sense.

Side tangent -- maybe it's my own paranoia, but the way RA has been cloistered away in secrecy perturbs me. It seems outside the realm of normal behavior. Someone leaning toward the "conspiracy theory" side of things might not be surprised at all if he suddenly wound up dead in his current circumstance. No trial, no grand reveal, just conveniently dead. Which would leave a lot of us wondering if he was just a convenient scapegoat. Just sayin'. Had he been treated the way normal accused people are treated, I might not feel this way. And maybe what they're doing is totally correct, and if he had been treated like the accused he would already be dead, and it's really for his protection. All I know is if I were him, guilty or not, I would be afraid for my life, in a big big way.
I don't think KAK is that tech savy or he wouldn't have googled all the stuff he did after the murders nor started changing his FB to create a false alibi...both were quite sloppy and amateur.

As far as RA, we don't know what his own behavior in jail has been from when he was first arrested. He could be a threat to himself and/or prison staff, acting out in destructive ways. Segregating him from the general population in jail would seem pretty common for an accused child murderer, for his safety, IMO. Not giving him bail also seems a normal path for someone accused of such horrific crimes.

AJMO

Just my thoughts, but I think the release of that second sketch in 2019 was because LE was clueless at that point and the investigation was dead in the water.
Just looking at RA’s PCA, RL‘s Search Warrant, and KAK’s Feb 2017 search warrant shows pretty much everything of importance(?) LE knew, they gathered in about the first month after the murders.
The April 2019 press conference was an act of desperation. They finally mention a car at CPS, a 2 second video, and added an entire word to the audio clip. The young guy sketch was drawn only days after the murders, probably put in a drawer somewhere and pulled out and someone thought…it’s a long shot but maybe the guy might have looked like this so let’s put it out there.
I do not believe what LE said at the time, that the new direction and information was from information gathered over time. Everything they presented that day was known to them within days of the murders. The car, the video, the audio, and the young guy sketch.
My greatest fear at RA’s trial is that stupid second sketch. How the prosecution will explain it, the delay in releasing it, why it was introduced when it was as taking presidence over the old sketch, put up on posters etc, and doesn’t look a thing like RA.
Maybe after delving into KAK, anthony_shots and that accounts ties to LG the can o' worms exploded all over the place. Maybe that's when a lone opportunistic killer changed into planned and connected numerous individuals to investigate. Like someone else has mentioned, I can't wait to hear the whole sketch story/April 2019 PC told by ISP Carter himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member