TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Good evening, fine people. It’s been awhile. A little background on myself - Born and raised in Ft. Worth. Although I didn’t know her, I attended the same elementary school (BH Carrol) as Julie, one year younger. I had a good friend on Gordon St. that was very near the Moseley residence and Renee’s grandmother’s home. My parents bought us clothes at the same Berry St. Army-Navy Store (now an auto parts store). My mamma whooped a woman’s butt at TG Murphy’s in Seminary South to get me an Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle at Christmas in the 70’s (that tells you how crazy Seminary South was just before Christmas). That said, my experience trying to ask questions: Lots of “A” family members circle the wagons any time a nerve is touched. I got personally accused of making false accusations for asking too much. IMPO, odd behavior if you truly want to know what happened. A friend of a friend’s mother claimed the trio stopped at her house on Wayside Ave (street I lived on in 1974) on the 23rd because Julie wanted to drop off a gift for her school friend (the friend was at his grandparents home that week so he couldn’t verify the veracity of his mother’s account). When I contacted him, he told me RA came at him hard about the statement. Seemingly abrasive and bullying. For what it’s worth, I’ve decided no one except the Moseley’s and the Wilson’s truly wanted this solved. But keep pushing.

Also why he wouldn't use his own truck, the one his 14 year old bestie remembers the make of because he was using it ( at 14) while VB was in California. Yes my eyes did roll reading that!!
I didn't realise VB had a vehicle. I always thought the 'fact' that he did not have a car made it less likely that he could be involved in the disappearances.

I didn't realise VB had a vehicle. I always thought the 'fact' that he did not have a car made it less likely that he could be involved in the disappearances.
In one group TM has said that VB drove a 60's station wagon. When asked their neighbourhood friend confirmed VB was known to drive a station wagon but she wasn't sure he owned it.

Also why he wouldn't use his own truck, the one his 14 year old bestie remembers the make of because he was using it ( at 14) while VB was in California. Yes my eyes did roll reading that!!
In one group TM has said that VB drove a 60's station wagon. When asked their neighbourhood friend confirmed VB was known to drive a station wagon but she wasn't sure he owned it.
Maybe the wagon belonged to his grandparents. Wasn't it stated that he lived with them? The truck might've come later, if it was his. Although it still doesn't explain all the hitchhiking and walking (unless he really couldn't afford gas, or no license).
That's not something you forget that you own. It might've been a knee-jerk response to avoid trouble.

Maybe the wagon belonged to his grandparents. Wasn't it stated that he lived with them? The truck might've come later, if it was his. Although it still doesn't explain all the hitchhiking and walking (unless he really couldn't afford gas, or no license).

That's not something you forget that you own. It might've been a knee-jerk response to avoid trouble.
TM did say when VB went to California he left his rambler station wagon with TM while he was gone.

I'm thinking he could still be involved, regardless of whether he had a vehicle. He knew all three girls, and would've been able to persuade them to either take him somewhere in  their ride, or get into  his to go somewhere (IMO). Then something could've gone South, when they reached their destination.

Last edited:
I'm thinking he could still be involved, regardless of whether he had a vehicle. He knew all three girls, and would've been able to persuade them to either take him somewhere in  their ride, or get into  his to go somewhere (IMO). Then something could've gone South, when they reached their destination.
I guess that is possible, but I think there are a few more likely suspects for the disappearances than him due to the 'Runaway' Letter. Although I do think he was probably the catalyst for the events that happened that day.

It is a shame that he passed away. I do believe that he was with the girls that day. I also think he could have filled in a few of the 'blanks' for events leading up to the girl's disappearance e.g. if they actually made it as far as the Mall (It think they probably did, I would say I am about 60/40 on that one).

I guess that is possible, but I think there are a few more likely suspects for the disappearances than him due to the 'Runaway' Letter. Although I do think he was probably the catalyst for the events that happened that day.

It is a shame that he passed away. I do believe that he was with the girls that day. I also think he could have filled in a few of the 'blanks' for events leading up to the girl's disappearance e.g. if they actually made it as far as the Mall (It think they probably did, I would say I am about 60/40 on that one).
VB is interesting. It's interesting TM never talked about VB till after he died. It's interesting VB had no supervision and seems like he could a been anywhere at any time. It's interesting that VB worked for the Wedgwood Cobbler who repaired all the well to do peoples shoes. It's interesting that VB was DA's age. It's interesting VB went to California days after the disappearance. The drinking whiskey story is interesting. The fact that JM has no memory of that day is interesting. The fact that TM has selective memory of that day is interesting. The fact that nobody really knows where VB was living on the 23'd is interesting. Yep VB is interesting.

VB is interesting. It's interesting TM never talked about VB till after he died.
Never talked about him in general, or just about his possible involvement in this case?
It's interesting VB had no supervision and seems like he could a been anywhere at any time.
If he was over 18, he was an adult. Legally, no one could restrict him.
It's interesting VB went to California days after the disappearance. The drinking whiskey story is interesting. The fact that JM has no memory of that day is interesting. The fact that TM has selective memory of that day is interesting. The fact that nobody really knows where VB was living on the 23'd is interesting. Yep VB is interesting.
All these points  beg to be answered, (IMO).

VB is interesting. It's interesting TM never talked about VB till after he died. It's interesting VB had no supervision and seems like he could a been anywhere at any time. It's interesting that VB worked for the Wedgwood Cobbler who repaired all the well to do peoples shoes. It's interesting that VB was DA's age. It's interesting VB went to California days after the disappearance. The drinking whiskey story is interesting. The fact that JM has no memory of that day is interesting. The fact that TM has selective memory of that day is interesting. The fact that nobody really knows where VB was living on the 23'd is interesting. Yep VB is interesting.
He was the first name that came into RWs mind when the girls disappeared, which does say a lot. This makes sense until the 'Runaway' Letter arrived. To my mind, he can only be responsible if he forced Rachel to write the letter. Most people don't believe Rachel did write the letter.

Also, I think if he was responsible the A family and TT would have been 'all over him' in the following days. To the best of.my knowledge they weren't.

VB is interesting. It's interesting TM never talked about VB till after he died. It's interesting VB had no supervision and seems like he could a been anywhere at any time. It's interesting that VB worked for the Wedgwood Cobbler who repaired all the well to do peoples shoes.
Was that in the same neighborhood as Wedgwood Bowling Alley?
It's interesting that VB was DA's age. It's interesting VB went to California days after the disappearance. The drinking whiskey story is interesting. The fact that JM has no memory of that day is interesting. The fact that TM has selective memory of that day is interesting. The fact that nobody really knows where VB was living on the 23'd is interesting. Yep VB is interesting.
RW knew where he lived. He headed there first, when the girls were missed.

Are you saying maybe RW went to the wrong address? Or just that VB seemed to be MIA? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
VB was MIA.

I remember hearing that FWPD put a roadblock at the end of his(VBs) road the night the girls went missing. I don't know if this is true or not though. It seems a bit strange.

Shame they didn't put a road block on Minot Ave....

He was the first name that came into RWs mind when the girls disappeared, which does say a lot.
Actually, it makes sense. VB was:
*the guy RW rejected for Renee to date
* buddies with Renee's current boyfriend and Julie's older brother
* the guy Rachel had carried on with at her birthday party at RW's house
In essence, VB was an  adult all three girls knew and trusted, who (in RW's opinion) had a less-than-stellar reputation.

This makes sense until the 'Runaway' Letter arrived. To my mind, he can only be responsible if he forced Rachel to write the letter. Most people don't believe Rachel did write the letter.
I get that, but I'm still wondering how folks can be so certain who  did or didn't write that letter, when the FBI can't figure it out...
Also, I think if he was responsible the A family and TT would have been 'all over him' in the following days. To the best of.my knowledge they weren't.
Maybe, but thanks to that **** letter, nobody was "all over" anybody. How soon after that did VB leave?

Are you saying maybe RW went to the wrong address? Or just that VB seemed to be MIA? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
I've never heard where VB lived on the 23rd. Soooo I'm not sure where RW went. RW just said he went looking for VB BUT He wasn't there BUT RW never said where there was. Did RW go to the Grandparents house? Did RW go to the empty house where VB's parents used to live? Did RW go to the cobbler's shop? Do you know where RW went?

I've never heard where VB lived on the 23rd. Soooo I'm not sure where RW went. RW just said he went looking for VB BUT He wasn't there BUT RW never said where there was. Did RW go to the Grandparents house? Did RW go to the empty house where VB's parents used to live? Did RW go to the cobbler's shop? Do you know where RW went?
I see your point. No, I don't have a clue, but I got the impression RW didn't go very far. Was the parents' former home still owned by family? Maybe VB bounced between his grandparents and the empty house. Were the two houses close together? Were either of them close to the shoe repair shop?

I see your point. No, I don't have a clue, but I got the impression RW didn't go very far. Was the parents' former home still owned by family? Maybe VB bounced between his grandparents and the empty house. Were the two houses close together? Were either of them close to the shoe repair shop?
No the shoe repair shop was on Trail lake close to the Bowling Alley. Some people say VB worked at the cobbler shop and some other people say he worked at one of the Hospitals close to the Grandparents house. Maybe he worked at both places I don't know.

Clear Channel has partnered with the Texas Center for the Missing and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to regenerate tips for the cold case of 17-year-old Rachel Trlica, 14-year-old Renee Wilson, and 9-year-old Julie Ann Moseley.

"It's been a big mystery for over 48 years,” said Terry Moseley, Julie Ann’s brother. "We're hoping these billboards open things up and maybe somebody will know something and speak up.”

Starting Thursday, billboards across North Texas are broadcasting the age-progressed photos of the girls, who went missing on December 23, 1974. Clean Channel is providing the month-long public service campaign at no cost in recognition of National Missing Children's Day.

“This is great news to have this out here,” said Janet Moseley, Julie’s sister, as families gathered outside one of the billboards off I-35W. “To look at it and remember and think back, 'Was I there? What did I hear? Did someone tell me anything?”

I remember hearing that FWPD put a roadblock at the end of his(VBs) road the night the girls went missing. I don't know if this is true or not though. It seems a bit strange.
If no one knows where he was actually living, what address did FWPD roadblock (if that really happened)? And who/what was  their source? They allegedly caught him coming home from work, having caught a ride from a co-worker (IIRC).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back