CA CA - La Habra Hts, WhtFem 14-20, 584UFCA, peace symbol earrings, clothes, blue tennis shoes, Sep'73

I think she is a good match when looking at her and Jane Doe's statistics (weight, hair, small frame) except for her height. However, Rochelle's circumstances seem more domestic-based. I doubt someone who planned to take Rochelle (not saying anyone did) even had Turnball Canyon, where Jane Doe was found, in mind. La Habra Heights is rarely in the news now and I am sure it was the same back then. I would still submit Rochelle as a match but I have low expectations of Jane Doe being her.

I am considering creating a social media page and possibly putting up flyers around the Whittier area and Hacienda Heights area for Jane Doe. Turnball Canyon leads from Whittier to Hacienda Heights and is a very niche area unless you frequent the surrounding cities. The UID was found in the middle of the canyon more towards the Whittier area. Many people in the more historic areas of Whittier (I am not sure about Hacienda Heights) have had the same families living there for decades. My grandparents never left the Whittier area since they were in high school and most of their friends didn't either. I have a feeling that this was a crime of opportunity committed by someone who either lived in the area or frequented it often. I am hoping the flyers bring more awareness to old conversations that occurred around the time this murder took place. I also plan on emailing Hacienda Heights' police department on whether they will re-open her case and consider using genetic genealogy for her case and other UIDs located in or around Turnball Canyon.

Has Judy Lynn Davis been considered a possible match? The physical description seems to match the Jane Doe quite well:

3711DFFL - Judy Lynn Davis

She has not. I would submit her. She might've already been ruled out via DNA from CODIS or other databases, but I find it unlikely since Sherry Pickle was put under the ruled-out list on NamUs and her DNA is on file.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back