OK - Boy, 9, Stabbed to Death by Girl, 12, in Custody, Tulsa, Jan 2023

This is so sad I always want to know where was an adult?
"Officers learned the children's parent was upstairs asleep when the 12-year-old daughter woke the parent up and said that she had stabbed her 9-year-old brother," police said.
The friends say the kids were living in a happy and safe home and there were no warning signs this could happen. Jennifer Anthamatten says her friend April is more like a sister. She says it's been heartbreaking, and in a lot of ways, April has lost two children at one time.

"There were no warning signs, it's not that you want to have a troubled child, but when something like this happens so unexpectedly, it's just really hard when you don't have any answers on why these things happened," she said.
*omg, how awful. omg, I’m in tears. this is my state & I just saw this thread…

Last edited:
"Officers learned the children's parent was upstairs asleep when the 12-year-old daughter woke the parent up and said that she had stabbed her 9-year-old brother," police said.
The friends say the kids were living in a happy and safe home and there were no warning signs this could happen. Jennifer Anthamatten says her friend April is more like a sister. She says it's been heartbreaking, and in a lot of ways, April has lost two children at one time.

"There were no warning signs, it's not that you want to have a troubled child, but when something like this happens so unexpectedly, it's just really hard when you don't have any answers on why these things happened," she said.
*omg, how awful. omg, I’m in tears. this is my state & I just saw this thread…

If you click on the link at the very bottom of this story, it takes you to an update from today by the mother

Especially since she is saying medication that has nothing to do with mental health. Strange!
Acutane comes to mind. I'm in no way saying that this is the cause of her actions in this case but IF her medication has nothing to do with her mental health than this medication came to mind.

Risk of Mental Health Problems​

Accutane has been linked to several possible mental health side effects.
Possible mental health effects include:5

The link to psychiatric side effects is very controversial, and the research results are still not completely clear about this association.5 The mental state of people taking this drug should be closely monitored by doctors and parents/guardians should be on alert for any mood or behavioral changes.

Especially since she is saying medication that has nothing to do with mental health. Strange!

Yes, she said she isn't diagnosed with anything, so what was the medication for? Usually the type of medication that can cause quite severe behavioural changes, including self harm that it seemed she was alluding to in the past when on the meds for the first time, is for something diagnosed imo.

Possibly acne medication or maybe birth control for bad periods could do it, but that's pure speculation and only a couple of many possibilities.

Acutane comes to mind. I'm in no way saying that this is the cause of her actions in this case but her medication has nothing to do with her mental health than this medication came to mind.

The link to psychiatric side effects is very controversial, and the research results are still not completely clear about this association.5 The mental state of people taking this drug should be closely monitored by doctors and parents/guardians should be on alert for any mood or behavioral changes.

Great minds @LaborDayRN!

Acutane comes to mind. I'm in no way saying that this is the cause of her actions in this case but IF her medication has nothing to do with her mental health than this medication came to mind.

Wow! Thanks for this! I had no idea!

She is so concentrated on herself, but shows no compassion for her brother.

She has "older cuts" on her arm. Does she self mutilate? There is obviously something horrible going on in this child's head. She seems to cry and stop and talk normal very easily. Questioning why she keeps saying, "I don't know what happened"

She does at least have remorse. Such a young child to do something like this. Some of the younger ones I have seen during their arrest do not show any remorse.
BBM
Did the mother know about the cutting? If not, did the brother know, or perhaps recently find out by seeing her hitherto concealed scars, and could the attack have been a delayed reaction to him finding out?
MOO

Here are a few highlights in the video that caught my attention:

3:15+ Officer asks if she has cuts on her arms, removes her hoodie to look. Officer states the cuts look old.

9:45 Officer asks who cares for the kids when Mom is gone, at work. Girl responds she does, she babysits both her brothers ages 3 and 9. The 3 y/o is at his father's house right now.

20:20 In hospital waiting room, Mom is talking to Officer. Officer asks "their father?" and Mom responds "his father" referring to father of 9 year old who is arriving to meet her at hospital.

21:00 Mom is talking about [name withheld, 9 year old victim] children spending time at victim's Grandma's and with his Dad, that they treat the 12 year old girl as their granddaughter, she's not left out.
_______
Page 1, Post#1 news source KJAH: "64th Place and Riverside"

Page 1, Post#2 news source KTUL: "64th and Peoria in South Tulsa"

This looks like the Riverbank Plaza Apartments. From the video (exterior appearance, and interior staircase) and complex website likely a very small 3BR 1.5BA 2-story unit. Scroll down to floorplans:

IMO this is a higher crime neighborhood and the family is likely financially challenged. From the video statements IMO all three children have different fathers with no husband in this home.

Did this 12 y/o girl have too much responsibility for her age, responsibility for issues that are not hers like more than occasional childcare? Had she started cutting herself, crying out for help, but no one noticed? Did she just snap?

JMO I wish police everywhere were this calm, nice, de-escalating, professional. It is possible to take control without bullying as shown in this incident.

I wonder if she could have been on Adderall for ADHD. I am thinking it isn't Acutane because she said she was on it for a while, taken off of it for a year and a half, and recently put back on it. Adderall can be prescribed at a pretty young age.

Adderall can cause Psychosis. Especially if given at a higher dose than the child needs. My step-son went in to full blown psychosis! He was taken off of it - flushed his system. The doctor said not to let him take it again or we may never get him back. He is an adult, so of course he went and got a new prescription. This time he went into a deep psychosis. He believed that the CIA was communicating with him through his Airpods. Long story for another time, but I honestly HATE this drug!! It took him a full 4 months to come completely out of psychosis - and that was with him being on an anti-psychotic drug. We really didn't think he would come back the second time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back