Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The distance to the lake is too far. The 2 lane roads going there are very narrow and winding, hilly. In many spots, there's very little shoulder to walk on. As someone else mentioned in a previous post, last weekend was Memorial Day and the lake and resort & camping areas around there were full. Probably a lot of traffic. If he had walked down there, someone would have seen him. It would have been unusual. The same situation would apply to his body in the lake. There were a lot of people down there boating, fishing, etc. Seems fairly likely someone would have seen his body.

He was missing for 9 days. Where was he during that time?

I've followed a few unusual suicide stories here at WS, so I'm not ruling anything out yet.
I hope that his time of death can be determined.

I looked on Mercy's website first thing and couldn't find his listing. Maybe they removed his name right away? IDK Can doctors opt out of being listed?

A family friend's son is also a Mercy ER physician -- he doesn't come up in a search, either.

I suppose because you don't pick your ER doctor based on reviews!

jmho ymmv lrr

I dont think this was suicide, 8 hour walk to where he was found. This is highly sus for foul play, why would he walk that far? I think the story of him being kidnapped is odd. Fox news story quotes his brother saying He was zip tied, taken to a bridge and made to feel unsafe. ?? Really odd
LE say John's death is not suspicious? If I've understood that correctly. Why would John walk miles with a gun, then (presumably) get into the water and shoot himself? Seems unusual

Everyone, your outpouring of support means so much. I am in such shock. Truly, I did not foresee this. But no one I have talked with in my family seriously considered he’d be suicidal. He was confident. I never saw him depressed. I’ve seen him thoughtful, and only once did I see him looking dejected. He gave me dating advice before I went to college. A fun guy to be around, with big dreams and lots of ambition. He spent a great deal of time with my family, particularly one year when we were kids.

Lots of grieving hearts tonight.

Thank you again.
Oh gosh. I'm so sorry.

I looked on Mercy's website first thing and couldn't find his listing. Maybe they removed his name right away? IDK Can doctors opt out of being listed?

In most places, ER doctors can (in some places, they're not even listed just by policy) because you don't get to request a specific ER doctor. For other specialties, it depends on the hospital, but if there's a safety concern (and this affects more docs than people realize), yes, you can opt out.

Could someone knowledgeable please tell me if the case ends up being he was kidnapped in Missouri and taken across state lines to Arkansas does the FBI then take control of the case?
An pregnant AR woman was kidnapped and murdered in MO. The murderer was arrested and held in federal custody.

LE say John's death is not suspicious? If I've understood that correctly. Why would John walk miles with a gun, then (presumably) get into the water and shoot himself? Seems unusual

Can't comment on the hows, but possession of firearms is a significant risk factor for suicide. Physician suicide is a huge issue for a number of reasons. My heart goes out to the family.

Earlier article has been updated indicating that LE is treating John's death as homicide.

from: Missing Cassville doctor’s body found in northwest Arkansas, autopsy pending

UPDATE 5/31/2023 at 6:00 p.m. – OzarksFirst spoke with John Forsyth’s brother, Richard Forsyth, to detail what he believes may have happened to his brother.

Richard spoke with authorities in Arkansas today, and he said they told him they are investigating the death of John Forsyth as a homicide.

The distance to the lake is too far. The 2 lane roads going there are very narrow and winding, hilly. In many spots, there's very little shoulder to walk on. As someone else mentioned in a previous post, last weekend was Memorial Day and the lake and resort & camping areas around there were full. Probably a lot of traffic. If he had walked down there, someone would have seen him. It would have been unusual. The same situation would apply to his body in the lake. There were a lot of people down there boating, fishing, etc. Seems fairly likely someone would have seen his body.

He was missing for 9 days. Where was he during that time?

I've followed a few unusual suicide stories here at WS, so I'm not ruling anything out yet.

Another unusual detail was his car hidden at the maintenance lot at the aquatic center. One article mentioned it was parked behind a dumpster or something, where cars don't usually park. From cases I've read here at WS, people who are suicidal don't usually go to great lengths to hide their car. They usually just leave it in a parking lot, etc. In outdoor suicides, some will make sure to hide themselves, going far into the woods, etc. But their car is usually not of concern to them.

One example, George Zinkhan, a professor at Univ. of Georgia.

I agree with whomever posted they thought the scene on security cam of him leaving his car might have been staged. Not sure, but it seems somewhat possible.

The doctor's car was not well hidden.

You can see his black Infiniti at 01:26 in this video behind the cyclone fence. The video explains other details some may have missed.

Could someone knowledgeable please tell me if the case ends up being he was kidnapped in Missouri and taken across state lines to Arkansas does the FBI then take control of the case?
I don't know about that, but if my memory serves me right if something happens on federal property then the FBI is notified and they have the opportunity to take control, if they want; it is not mandatory. There is quite a bit of Federal land all over there, the national forest covers quite a bit of the land along the Arkansas Missouri border there and Beaver Lake is a Corp of Engineers lake.

An pregnant AR woman was kidnapped and murdered in MO. The murderer was arrested and held in federal custody.

That's a Bizarre case not to far at all from this one, Google says Jane is a forty five minute drive away. I don't think they are connected but interesting.

1685585768495.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member