CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

Given she was said to be sober and had her truck, my thoughts are she either left on her own will with perhaps someone she'd met online and "trusted", or someone had her a gun point so no visible signs of struggle were seen as she complied in hopes of surviving.

I thought the rings thrown on the ground were suspicious as well, but her mom said that was very characteristic of Maddy, so it's hard to say.
Which is another funny thing that her friend said, that Maddy never took off her rings.....maybe she didn't during the day, but who wants to sleep with rings on your fingers....women usually remove jewelry when they're going to sleep....just remembering that from the video...She didn't leave on her own wearing flip flops.....Blackwater was gravel still at that time and would have been really uncomfortable to walk in sandals.

Why do you say someone she met online, specifically?
Because it was said in interviews that she was on a few online dating sights, as well as all those at the party were interviewed by police and LE released a statement saying they had no reason to believe a party goer was involved with her disappearance.

<modsnip: Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is another funny thing that her friend said, that Maddy never took off her rings.....maybe she didn't during the day, but who wants to sleep with rings on your fingers....women usually remove jewelry when they're going to sleep....just remembering that from the video...She didn't leave on her own wearing flip flops.....Blackwater was gravel still at that time and would have been really uncomfortable to walk in sandals.
I never understood this either. Every podcast always harps on the rings too. I've been camping 10000000 times and I always take off my rings to sleep.

I really don't think that it was someone passing through or even one of the already known serial killers along the hwy of tears. There is so much murder happening and people going missing in the triangle between Prince George-Ft St James-Ft Frase. Going all back to Helen Frost in 1970, the 1989 disappearance of the Jack family, then Nicole Hoar, Margaret Nooski, Bonnie Joseph, Mackie Basil, Anita Thorne, Anthony Graham, Donald Malbeuf, Shawn Weaver.... Especially Vanderhoof seems to be a place where more tragedies happen then one would suspect given the relative small population. Even though some descriptions of a guy picking up hitchhikers sounds an awful lot like David Pickton, I think it's much more likely related to drug/ gang violence. At least the more recent cases. No matter what police says, too much of a coincidence what happened to Fribjon Bjornson shortly after Madison disappeared. And another kid just went missing, Jay Raphael, only 12 miles or so away from the farm Madison was found. God knows who else they will find there. Doesn't even mean the property owners are involved at all. If a local knows it's a rather large, slightly messy area they might thought it's a good place to dump.

I really don't think that it was someone passing through or even one of the already known serial killers along the hwy of tears. There is so much murder happening and people going missing in the triangle between Prince George-Ft St James-Ft Frase. Going all back to Helen Frost in 1970, the 1989 disappearance of the Jack family, then Nicole Hoar, Margaret Nooski, Bonnie Joseph, Mackie Basil, Anita Thorne, Anthony Graham, Donald Malbeuf, Shawn Weaver.... Especially Vanderhoof seems to be a place where more tragedies happen then one would suspect given the relative small population. Even though some descriptions of a guy picking up hitchhikers sounds an awful lot like David Pickton, I think it's much more likely related to drug/ gang violence. At least the more recent cases. No matter what police says, too much of a coincidence what happened to Fribjon Bjornson shortly after Madison disappeared. And another kid just went missing, Jay Raphael, only 12 miles or so away from the farm Madison was found. God knows who else they will find there. Doesn't even mean the property owners are involved at all. If a local knows it's a rather large, slightly messy area they might thought it's a good place to dump.
Their driveway is not messy. Just when you enter the yard, then it get's hectic like a junk yard, in some sort of order, but from the road, all you can see is a long straight driveway with trees on either side.

Also Jay Raphael is 27 years old.

Their driveway is not messy. Just when you enter the yard, then it get's hectic like a junk yard, in some sort of order, but from the road, all you can see is a long straight driveway with trees on either side.
Yeah, that's kinda why I think it might be a local knowing the property. I have never been even close to that part of BC, but from Google Earth it looks like there are several dirt roads that run around/ by the property. Might not be difficult to drive there at night and dump someone/ something without the owners even knowing. After all, I don't think it has been made public where exactly on the property Madison was found.

Yeah, that's kinda why I think it might be a local knowing the property. I have never been even close to that part of BC, but from Google Earth it looks like there are several dirt roads that run around/ by the property. Might not be difficult to drive there at night and dump someone/ something without the owners even knowing. After all, I don't think it has been made public where exactly on the property Madison was found.
Also, sneaking onto someone's property in the middle of the night out here will get you shot. No one in their right mind would take that chance. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Members who are new and who are not familiar with our rules need to read TOS (aka The Rules) that everyone agrees to when they register with Websleuths. A link to those rules is in my signature line, or can be found here.

Websleuths is not like other sites where "anything goes".

The most important rules to read about are the ones titled
Etiquette & Information
Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc
Copyright Rules

Websleuths is fact based. We do not allow rumors, hearsay or gossip.

Information stated as fact must be supported by links to approved sources (i.e. MSM, LE)

Bickering, rudeness or personalizing toward other members is not allowed.

Unless someone has been officially named by law enforcement to be a POI or suspect in a case, they are considered "innocent" people. Innocents can not be publicly sleuthed and members are not allowed to make insinuations, direct or indirect accusations against innocent people. (Members can sleuth all they want behind the scenes and discuss things in private conversations, but whatever is discussed in PMs is not allowed on the public thread.)

If you are a local, you may post general information about your knowledge of the area, but you may not discuss rumors or hearsay from others.

If you know individuals involved in the case or have inside information about a case, you must be verified by Websleuths in order to share that information without providing supporting links. Otherwise you are a regular member and must provide links to what you claim as fact.

This is a link to the Websleuths Verification process that explains why we have the process in place and how to apply.

Thank you to everyone for being here to discuss Maddy's case. If you have questions, please use the Report feature found at the bottom of any post to ask and a Mod or Admin will try to respond as soon as possible.

I never understood this either. Every podcast always harps on the rings too. I've been camping 10000000 times and I always take off my rings to sleep.
Yet I never take any of my rings off; what’s important as the clue here is “what was Madison’s habit”? Not ours.

I’m in the Army, doing manual labour, digging trenches etc while out “camping”, but my rings stay on there too. We all have different habits.

Last edited:
The thing is that where exactly were the rings, on the ground outside the tent or inside of it. It would be odd if they were outside the tent on the ground.

Yet I never take any of my rings off; what’s important as the clue here is “what was Madison’s habit”? Not ours.

I’m in the Army, doing manual labour, digging trenches etc while out “camping”, but my rings stay on there too. We all have different habits.
Yes, I realize different people have different habits. The point I was (poorly) trying to make was that podcasters, especially, seem to latch onto "no woman would ever go camping and take off her rings to sleep".

The Vanderhoof/ Prince George communities coined the term "highway of tears," according to the 48 Hours documentary, because there were so many missing women in the area between 1969 and 2011 and later. The disappearances/ murders had nothing to do with being Indigenous, although Indigenous nationality is included in victim demographics.

Madison grew up knowing that women disappear in the area and that there are few arrests. Cody Legebokoff, of Prince George, was caught by chance. In November 2010, he was a 19 year old serial killer. Madison disappeared six months later in May 2011.

For the community, this was one more missing girl in the area. For the murderer(s), the history of missing/ murdered provides an extra level of camouflage. Maybe Madison was not his first, maybe he got sloppier with bodies over time.

The Texas man who was responsible for several Highway of Tears murders, and who died before he could be tried, left his victims a mile or so off the highway. They were all found by chance. Madison was found on private property.

Adding the link for the 48 Hours Documentary: Highway of Tears. At roughly 11 minutes into the program, we see the independent investigation that Madison's parents set up in the basement of their home - next to her bedroom.

This is a screen shot from the documentary. The parents are mapping out who was at the party, when they arrived and when they left.

1685678540943.png

Screen shots of Madison's parents' investigative efforts from the 48 Hours: Highway of Tears. Does anything stand out now that we know where she was found?

Attachments

• 1685679450802.png
    1685679450802.png
    775.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 1685679466329.png
    1685679466329.png
    727.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 1685680226265.png
    1685680226265.png
    366.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Members online