GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Lori Hellis's latest video last night, and she speculates that we won't hear anything about Chad until after Lori's sentencing. That'll be because if plea negotiations with Chad are taking place they will want to base those on the sentence that Lori gets.
I’m pretty sure that LVD is going to get 3 life sentences - just not sure if that will be consecutive or concurrent - several posters said usually concurrent but considering she was originally facing the death penalty and that JJ was so young and special needs I’m fairly confident that they will either be consecutive or that the one for JJ will be life without parole. So I think the best CD’s team can hope for in a plea deal is to take the death penalty off the table whether they negotiate that now or after LVD’s sentencing I really don’t think they will get a better deal than that. But part of me thinks that Prior has enough of an ego to think he can get an acquittal and CD is gullible enough to believe him so I’m not sure they’re even looking for a deal.

Deal or no deal, I don’t think LVD’s sentencing will be a factor in when the judge announces the trial date - either he’ll announce it before her sentencing or he won’t but I don’t think it would be because they might come up with a plea agreement after she’s sentenced. But it could end up looking that way depending on when they do the DNA testing Prior has asked for because if those results come out about the same time as LVD’s sentencing everyone might think the judge was waiting for that sentencing instead of the DNA results.

As always - my opinion only

Question for everyone….

Prior (CD’s attorney) has made reference on a couple of occasions that he has over 100,000 documents from LVD’s trial and exhibits to go through and CD needs time to listen to all of the audio from LVD’s trial. Should any of that be a factor in the judge determining a trail date?

In my opinion, it should not because the only reason that the trials were severed was that LVD wanted a speedy one and CD did not and since prosecution didn’t turn something over in time for a death penalty case the judge didn’t want to force CD into a trial without some additional time to review that late discovery. Otherwise, the trials would have been together and CD’s team would not have the audio of the trial and the docs and the exhibits to review so why should they get extra time to do that now? I say, get that DNA test done that Prior has requested and schedule the trial based on the 60 days those results will take and an appropriate amount of time to review the results and schedule that trial to start no later than Sept 15th and have it over before the Christmas holidays. What do you say?

A trial date has been set for Chad Daybell. It is scheduled to begin April 1, 2024 and will run through the end of May.

All discovery is due by Feb. 1, 2024. Pre-trial conference will be held Feb. 22 in the Fremont Courthouse. Witness, exhibit list and proposed jury instruction due March 11. Trial will be held in Ada County.

Well…not as soon as I had hoped but better to start in April than June! Wonder how they shaved it to run 2 months instead of 3 as discussed in the status hearing on 5/4?

So - nothing for Chad? Are they waiting after sentencing for hearing dates? Don't they any motions waiting?

TIA if you [meaning everyone reading here] know!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley
Looks like we have a date, @Niner .

According to court filings dated Friday, Daybell's trial is set for April 1, 2024 at the Ada County Courthouse in Boise at 9 a.m., before Fremont County District Judge Steven Boyce -- the same judge who oversaw the trial of Daybell's wife, Lori Vallow Daybell. She was found guilty of all charges against her on May 12.

Chad Daybell, 54, is charged with conspiracy to murder and first-degree murder in the deaths of Lori Vallow's children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. He is also charged with conspiracy to murder and first-degree murder of his wife, Tammy Daybell, along with two counts of insurance fraud and one count of grand theft related to the deaths.

A pre-trial conference in the case will take place on Feb. 22, 2024 in Fremont County. The entire trial is slated to continue until the end of May that year.

Trial date set in murder case against Chad Daybell

Last edited:

AR says that Lori first visited her in Hawaii with Tylee in 2018, when she claimed that she saw the angel Moroni in the temple and that she was part of the 144k. Wasn't this in the summer, before she even met Chad? Who gave Lori those ideas if it wasn't Chad?

Last edited:
And BTW, have I ever told you about all my illustrious previous lives? No? Then take a seat and settle back for a riveting time for the next few hours/days/months. I also have a book to sell you (yes, not a bridge, a book). A bridge is so yesterday.

At this point in time, CD is secured, he isn't going anywhere for a long time. It isn't like he can get a plea deal for 5 or 10 years even. Let's say, he gets 20 years to life.

I have no doubt that Kay Woodcock would show up for every single parole hearing, in person to make a victim's statement for JJ.

CD isn't going to get out.

At this point in time, CD is secured, he isn't going anywhere for a long time. It isn't like he can get a plea deal for 5 or 10 years even. Let's say, he gets 20 years to life.

I have no doubt that Kay Woodcock would show up for every single parole hearing, in person to make a victim's statement for JJ.

CD isn't going to get out.

Fortunately, they don't hold parole hearings for prisoners on death row!

I think that's where CD will land until he is executed. While it might get overlooked due to the distraction of all the crazy wackadoodle teaching of his own importance throughout history, this is a man who concocted a deliberate scheme to kill people, including kids (!!), as his way to make himself more important to women, and then did it. That's the type of person the death penalty is made for.

That will save Kay the hassle of having to advocate to keep him from getting out on the street.

Question that probably has nothing to do with nothing :) but in CD’s preliminary hearing Prior asks MG about auditory problems and tries to ask DW about MG’s auditory problems but it was objected to as not addressed in direct exam so DW did not get to answer. But why was he asking this? And why didn’t he believe MG?

Question that probably has nothing to do with nothing :) but in CD’s preliminary hearing Prior asks MG about auditory problems and tries to ask DW about MG’s auditory problems but it was objected to as not addressed in direct exam so DW did not get to answer. But why was he asking this? And why didn’t he believe MG?
Good question!

I seem to remember she was asking him to speak up quite a bit, because she was behind a glass screen and he kept not speaking into his microphone. Wonder if he wanted to make out that she misheard stuff Chad was saying?

AR says that Lori first visited her in Hawaii with Tylee in 2018, when she claimed that she saw the angel Moroni in the temple and that she was part of the 144k. Wasn't this in the summer, before she even met Chad? Who gave Lori those ideas if it wasn't Chad?

I’m not sure when in 2018 the visit to Hawaii was - whether it was summer or not - but it was likely before she met CD in the fall. But it doesn’t mean LVD wasn’t already being influenced by CD and others like Julie R.

Remember that Zac Cox said LVD & AC were reading books by CD & Julie R as early as 2017 and by the time he moved in with CV & LVD that she was listening to a lot of podcasts by Julie R and Jason M & Mike S and others. Also, remember that MG said LVD told her when they first met that she had seen Moroni and was part of the 144,000.

I’m not sure that means they influenced her specifically to believe she was part of the 144,000 or that she saw Moroni but certainly those books and podcasts were part of the bizarre journey.

The trip AR mentions in 2019 was probably in the spring when CV took JJ to TX and filed for divorce and CD’s influence was definitely apparent by that trip. CD had told LVD that she was to lead the 144,000 not just be one of them. AR said that the LVD that visited that time was no longer the same person who had been her friend when the Vallows lived in Hawaii.

I don’t think all of LVD’s distorted views can be blamed on CD nor his on her. Both were playing with fire by getting involved in teachings outside their church and both had egos and issues that made them ripe for each other’s influence. Together they were a time bomb just ticking away and it exploded into this cult that led to the murders of CV, Tylee, JJ, & TD.

But make no mistake, LVD’s association with CD did not put her on this path. It started long before she met him and I think long before she ever started reading his books. Her association with CD definitely ignited the wrong path of religious fire and led to these specific murders but I think her path of destruction started long before that as I am convinced that she and AC were involved in JR’s death.

I think her family put her on the wrong track from day one by naming her Lori when they had lost a 6 week old Laura just a couple of years before LVD was born. Then her twisted relationship with AC added to her demise as well.

She was just as bad for CD as he was for her.

IIRC, it was DW who had the hearing problem. THE Covid shield didn’t help. I don’t remember MG having hearing trouble. Or do I misunderstand your references?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb