FL - Alicia Moore, 24, car catches fire with her 2 kids inside while shoplifting in Oviedo Mall - Orlando, 26 May 2023

ifindedout

Reaction score
SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. —
Three children were rushed to the hospital after a car fire on May 26 in the Dillard's parking lot on Oviedo Mall Boulevard.

Investigators say 24-year-old Alicia Moore had parked her car, left the children inside and went to Dillard's.

The arrest report says: "While inside Dillard's, loss prevention (employees) observed Moore and another unknown male begin to shoplift items. They were watched by security for approximately one hour."

The report also says Moore began to leave the store and saw that her car was engulfed in flames.

Police say she dropped the stolen merchandise prior to leaving the store.

One child attempted to get out of the car. A shopper assisted in rescuing the children.

Inmate Information​

Booking #: 202300005217

Name: ALICIA MOORE

DOB: 07/22/1998

Arrested By: Seminole County Sheriff`s Office

Arrest Date: 05/31/2023

Charges​

#ChargeCourt Case #BondCourt DateDisposition
1NEGLECT CHILD WITH GREAT BODILY HARM **NEEDS GPS**2023CF001345A$20,000.0008/08/2023 1:30 PM
2ARSON 1ST DEGREE DWELLING BUILDING PEOPLE PRESENT2023CF001345A$20,000.00
4SUMTER CO/PETIT THEFT 2ND OFF $1,000.00
5SUMTER CO/PETIT THEFT 2ND OFF $1,000.00
6SUMTER CO/BATTERY PERS 65 YRS $1,000.00
7SUMTER CO/ASSAULT ON PERS OVER 65 YOA $5,000.00

Another version of the story said 2 kids:
Alicia Moore, 24, parked her car outside the Dillard’s department store at the Oviedo Mall on May 26 with her two young kids inside who “could not care for themselves” according to a police report obtained by Fox Orlando.

Oh wait, this gets better. The kids were playing with fire. In a stolen vehicle. FCOL.
The pair are alleged to have browsed the shops at Oviedo Mall, in Oviedo northeast of Orlando, stealing items as they went.

But the couple were caught out when Moore's car, which police later learned was a stolen vehicle, was parked up and suddenly ignited, quickly becoming engulfed in flames outside the Dillard's department store.

Officials say that Moore had either left a lighter or a set of matches inside the car which the children played with, triggering the fire.

What a terrible parent, those poor kids. I'm curious what in the car is that flammable.

What a terrible parent, those poor kids. I'm curious what in the car is that flammable.
I'm going with them cooking meth, which can be done without active flames if you have the right chemicals.

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. —
Three children were rushed to the hospital after a car fire on May 26 in the Dillard's parking lot on Oviedo Mall Boulevard.

Investigators say 24-year-old Alicia Moore had parked her car, left the children inside and went to Dillard's.

The arrest report says: "While inside Dillard's, loss prevention (employees) observed Moore and another unknown male begin to shoplift items. They were watched by security for approximately one hour."

The report also says Moore began to leave the store and saw that her car was engulfed in flames.

Police say she dropped the stolen merchandise prior to leaving the store.

One child attempted to get out of the car. A shopper assisted in rescuing the children.

Inmate Information​

Booking #: 202300005217

Name: ALICIA MOORE

DOB: 07/22/1998

Arrested By: Seminole County Sheriff`s Office

Arrest Date: 05/31/2023

Charges​

#ChargeCourt Case #BondCourt DateDisposition
1NEGLECT CHILD WITH GREAT BODILY HARM **NEEDS GPS**2023CF001345A$20,000.0008/08/2023 1:30 PM
2ARSON 1ST DEGREE DWELLING BUILDING PEOPLE PRESENT2023CF001345A$20,000.00
4SUMTER CO/PETIT THEFT 2ND OFF$1,000.00
5SUMTER CO/PETIT THEFT 2ND OFF$1,000.00
6SUMTER CO/BATTERY PERS 65 YRS$1,000.00
7SUMTER CO/ASSAULT ON PERS OVER 65 YOA$5,000.00
Am I reading the charges right... does that mean she's been booked for elder abuse?

Woman arrested after leaving children in car while she shoplifts, and car catches on fire.

OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman faces charges of aggravated child neglect and arson after her car became engulfed in flames while she was allegedly shoplifting at a mall, according to an arrest report.

Alicia Moore, 24, parked her car in a parking lot outside a Dillard’s department store at Oviedo Mall on May 26, according to an arrest report filed by the Oviedo Police Department. The report indicated Moore left children inside the vehicle. Their names and ages were redacted

Replying to my own post (sorry I’m a newbie and still learning the basics of posting). This hit close to home as I often shop at this Dillard’s, and even park at the same lot area. This is suburban Orlando. What’s with all these children being left in cars on a hot summer Florida day, much less leaving them while the mother goes shoplifting for an hour per the store’s security officer?

Replying to my own post (sorry I’m a newbie and still learning the basics of posting). This hit close to home as I often shop at this Dillard’s, and even park at the same lot area. This is suburban Orlando. What’s with all these children being left in cars on a hot summer Florida day, much less leaving them while the mother goes shoplifting for an hour per the store’s security officer?
Welcome to WS. It's rampant seems like the last few years. This woman is something else. Bad enough to leave the kids in the car period but while off committing a crime??

Who was the male and was he arrested also? Did he arrive in the car with her & the kids?

Thanks Payroll, I did a search before I posted but didn’t mention the woman’s name so I didn’t see your post. Sorry for the dupe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back