CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

Oh man, Beth Doe is another sad, sad case, especially considering the domestic violence that was behind it, and the fact that her killer was her partner and her baby's father. And she was just a kid, on top of everything else. So, so awful. :( Breaks my heart.

Lyra Jade is definitely my pet case. I have followed her case since about 2015 or 2016 and with genetic genealogy advances and DNA Doe Project's hard work, I have become even more invested in her case, especially after several other cases I have closely followed and connected with became ID'd. Her case just breaks my heart and I'm sure you can tell how Chouest makes me feel...While I am beyond sickened by him, I will say I am very glad to Det. Rhods for all his hard work investigating the case and that he was able to connect Chouest to her murder and serve criminal justice. She is lucky to have a good team behind her. DNA Doe Project, as well. Fantastic, smart, and helpful people.

(bolded by me) I am sure of that, too, and that is such a beautiful, heartwarming sentiment. They know that they will be named and found again by her loved ones someday and that Chouest...well, I'll just say I truly believe his day of reckoning will come and it will not be pretty.
Yeah, Evelyn’s case was so heartbreaking. How could a man do that to his girlfriend, the mother of his child? She was 15! And her daughter too… absolutely vile creature, Luis is.

I’ve followed Lyra’s case since about 2016-2018. Big thanks to Det. Rhods and DDP for their amazing work on getting this woman her name back, and giving the names back to so many unidentified people.

DNA Doe Project is an amazing organization with amazing people. Lyra Jade is absolutely blessed to have such a good team work on her as well as thousands of people who’ve seen her face and heard her story, and are dedicated to finding out who she is.

Maybe this is a stretch but is it possible that the dad has dementia or something?

Back to Lyra. I do believe that her son’s father didn’t remember. He’s probably old and losing his memory as a result. Let’s say he and Lyra were the same age, let’s say 23, since that’s about the median in her age range. Dad would be 66, so a bit young but not impossible to start losing memory.

He is about 70 years old now, but there is no reason to believe his inability (or unwillingness) to remember her is the result of cognitive issues.

He is about 70 years old now, but there is no reason to believe his inability (or unwillingness) to remember her is the result of cognitive issues.
Ok. I was just throwing it out because of old age. I said it was a bit young but not impossible.
In that case, it was just a long time ago so he just doesn’t remember, not because of any issues, but because it was 43 years ago. That or he could be lying but I’m going with the former.

Either he
1. Does remember but has a wife, probably kids and grandkids and he does not want to get media attention. Or he cheated on his wife back then with Lyra and she would find out now and he does not want to risk any of that.

2. had a very short affair with Lyra, she was one of many young women in his circles and he really barely remembers her.

3. Really has no idea because it was some drunk/drugged party ONS or she was a sex worker he picked up one time. Sex workers usually do everything to be protected from pregnancy but occasionally it happens and Lyra for whatever reason decided to carry the child to term.

Either he
1. Does remember but has a wife, probably kids and grandkids and he does not want to get media attention. Or he cheated on his wife back then with Lyra and she would find out now and he does not want to risk any of that.

2. had a very short affair with Lyra, she was one of many young women in his circles and he really barely remembers her.

3. Really has no idea because it was some drunk/drugged party ONS or she was a sex worker he picked up one time. Sex workers usually do everything to be protected from pregnancy but occasionally it happens and Lyra for whatever reason decided to carry the child to term.
So Carl posted upthread that her son's father was married with a pregnant wife. From that information, IMO I think it's clear that he did cheat on his wife with Lyra Jade. Carl has also stated that his wife did not know at the time but she does know now about the truth.

At this point we know he's not lying to hide from his wife because she knows that he fathered a child outside of their relationship and there's really no walking that back. (I mean, I guess it is theoretically possible, but I don't think so...)

We all know that her killer was already being caught and imprisoned, so he wouldn't have any practical reason to worry about getting framed for the murder so I don't think it's that either.

All this has lead me to believe he really doesn't remember the nameless murder victim he fathered a child with. It's frustrating. :(

Bumping for Lyra Jade. I still have not lost hope we will ID her this year. We ID’d the father of her unborn son, we have narrowed down to pretty close relatives, and we have a list of possible last names.

Lyra Jade, we haven’t forgotten about you after these 43 years. You will get your name back. We’re so close! We already know your son’s father, possibly your last name, and we have narrowed down close relatives. We’ve also ID’d your killer. This will be your year.

I didn't realize it's been so long since her last thread bump. :( I was really hoping there'd be more news on the Lyra Jade front now, but right now it's just a waiting game. Thank you to the DNA Doe Project for their amazing work on this very difficult undertaking!

Free Fallin’ is playing on the radio now. Whenever I hear it, it reminds me that she is still waiting to be identified. With Apache Jane doe finally identified, it gives me even more hope that some day our Lyra Jade will be too.
(Edited to fix a grammar mistake)

Last edited:
I have just noticed that Lyra Jade’s profile on the DDP website was last updated in September 2023, but I cant see any changes, I am wondering if there is any development un her case.

Free Fallin’ is playing on the radio now. Whenever I hear it, it reminds me that she is still waiting to be identified. With Apache Jane doe finally identified, it gives me even more hope that some day our Lyra Jade will be too.
(Edited to fix a grammar mistake)
Lovely Lyra Jade's time will come...it may not be today or tomorrow, but it will be here someday.
I have just noticed that Lyra Jade’s profile on the DDP website was last updated in September 2023, but I cant see any changes, I am wondering if there is any development un her case.
I'm not sure if this is old and my brain is just not working, lol, but the link says Lyra Jade was pregnant with an "unborn daughter". I assume that's just a mistype. I can't tell anything else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back