Dan Fogelberg died today at 6am...

I am a huge Dan Fogelberg fan. I loved the intelligent weaving of his words and music. He was pretty easy on the eyes, too. :blushing: The song "Longer" was used at the beginning of our wedding video. It's ironic his last album was called 'Full Circle." This is so sad.

I agree! I just saw a picture of him and wow, he was a good looking guy!

I love his music- and just heard Leader of the Band the other day. His songs are timeless.

RIP Dan.

RIP Dan...

"I thank you for the music
And your stories of the road" ~from Leader of the Band

RIP Dan. I'll play Same Old Lang Syne on my radio show tonight in his memory, I think.

Oh dang...I am so sorry....

"Longer" was sung at our wedding and we loved many other of his songs too...

Lynie

Dan was a local boy who made it big, one of the few to put Peoria IL on the map. I still recall, back in my childhood years of 1975, hearing "Part of the Plan" on local radio and being impressed with his talent and sense of melody.
Dan, you will be very much missed!

RIP Dan. I'll play Same Old Lang Syne on my radio show tonight in his memory, I think.

Aw, DK, that is sweet....thanks for the nod to our midwestern songsmith....another great Fogelberg song is "Go Down Easy" from his mid 80's cd High Country Snows. Soooo haunting and beautiful, that one!

I'm so sad. "Leader of the Band" is one of my favorite songs of all times. It gives me chills everytime I listen to it. RIP Dan...

Usually when a celebrity dies I think it's sad but I'm not personally affected since I don't know them. Dan's passing really gave me the blues. I love his music, and what a good looking man he was.
R.I.P. Dan Fogelberg.:(

I loved Netherlands. Oh, this is sad. I logged in a lot of hours listening to him in college. RIP.

Eve

How sad to read of his passing but at the same time it is a good thing to know that he is now in peace , far from suffering. He brought so many wonderful songs to us. I, too, am reminded of my teenage years today. He was a great comfort then and I will miss his music.

Rest in Peace, Dan. You'll be serenading the angels up in Heaven now.

dick sargeant, merv griffin, telly savalas, jerry orbach all died of prostate cancer as reported on the Larry King show tonight--Joe Walsh of the Eagles was on the show, a good friend of Dan Fogelberg, paying tribute to him--also Graham Nash of Crosby Stills and Nash phoned in to report that Stephen Stills also has prostate cancer and is being operated on Jan 3

dick sargeant, merv griffin, telly savalas, jerry orbach all died of prostate cancer as reported on the Larry King show tonight--Joe Walsh of the Eagles was on the show, a good friend of Dan Fogelberg, paying tribute to him--also Graham Nash of Crosby Stills and Nash phoned in to report that Stephen Stills also has prostate cancer and is being operated on Jan 3

Yes, that was a good segment on Dan and on Prostate Cancer Prevention.

Early detection seems to be the key. My father died of it.

Yes, so true. My dad's a survivor, I'm happy to say.

Eve

So did mine. March 6, 2007. His was not as advanced as Dan's when discovered.

So did mine. March 6, 2007. His was not as advanced as Dan's when discovered.

I'm sorry; it is a terrible way to see them die. Mine died Feb. 11, 2006. His was not advanced when caught, but as he was too old for the radical operation they did "seeding"; some seeds were "misplaced", he had to have it done again; by that time it was evidently spreading.

He had an agressive form, which older men don't often have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back