AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

Realistically speaking...IMHO they are long gone.
MOO, but unfortunately I agree. At some point during the three months Chelsea has been missing it seems logical to assume she would have made contact with family or friends if she had been able to do so. AFAIK this has not been the case.

Being an adult Chelsea would be under no legal requirement to contact her family or LE. However, I think it likely she would have reached out to someone by this time. MOO

After taking a deep dive into this case and reviewing all of the information on Chelsea, I thought I would share my thoughts on may have happened to Chelsea Grimm. Obviously, this is all speculation based on the information that we have concerning her disappearance.

I do believe that Chelsea may have intentionally gone off the grid as a response to possible stressors in her life, including the end of a possibly toxic relationship (based on the ex-boyfriend’s profile). Based on the information that I’ve read, Chelsea had previous experience at a teen wilderness camp when she was younger, suggesting that she does possess survival skills, which could aid her in living independently. Her family also confirmed that she was an experienced camper and self-reliant. Using Euro money is a strategy to mislead those who might be searching for her, effectively diverting them from her trail. She literally stated herself in the video taken of her at that motel that she was looking to “stay off the grid”. The flat tires on her car found in Williams, Arizona, may have been staged to mislead authorities.

My theory is that she might have sought refuge in off-grid locations or communities in Arizona, which the state is known to have. Those would definitely be areas of interest to look into if I were the authorities.

Bumping for Chelsea
I immediately thought of this thread when I read this article, and thought of Chelsea Grimm and her pet Bearded Dragon. I don't know a thing about Bearded Dragons, and didn't know this. Any chance she fell ill suddenly?

Common household reptile linked to outbreak of 32 salmonella cases
in the US

"Bearded dragons can carry Salmonella germs in their droppings even if they look healthy and clean. These germs can easily spread to their bodies and anything in the area where they live and roam," the CDC warns.

Bumping for Chelsea
I immediately thought of this thread when I read this article, and thought of Chelsea Grimm and her pet Bearded Dragon. I don't know a thing about Bearded Dragons, and didn't know this.

"Bearded dragons can carry Salmonella germs in their droppings even if they look healthy and clean. These germs can easily spread to their bodies and anything in the area where they live and roam," the CDC warns.
I keep a lizard. It's just like most pets. Wash your hands after handling them. It's no big deal. I've had a blue tongue since 2007, and I've never got sick from touching it.

MOO

Bumping for Chelsea
I immediately thought of this thread when I read this article, and thought of Chelsea Grimm and her pet Bearded Dragon. I don't know a thing about Bearded Dragons, and didn't know this. Any chance she fell ill suddenly?...
I keep a lizard. It's just like most pets. Wash your hands after handling them. It's no big deal. I've had a blue tongue since 2007, and I've never got sick from touching it. MOO

It's still a good idea to educate people about these findings. Wanted to share info and bump this thread for Chelsea still missing.

Common household reptile linked to outbreak of 32 salmonella cases
in the US

I hope she’s okay too, but I’m concerned. In this article shared above ( Missing woman from Ocean Beach last seen in Arizona ) the family mentions she sometimes struggled with mental health. Wish they could be more specific…
Yeah, I mean, if her mental health was on the family's radar (whether they thought it was a concern or not), it's something you hope is being followed up on.

I ran across this case here a few days ago and read through the first few dozen pages. Chelsea's unusual behavior prior to disappearing have me concerned about what might have happened. I hope Chelsea is okay
Yes I agree. The amount of time Chelsea has been out of communication with family and friends is both notable and concerning.

For whatever reason, logic suggests Chelsea is either unwilling or unable, to make contact with family, friends, or LE.

After taking a deep dive into this case and reviewing all of the information on Chelsea, I thought I would share my thoughts on may have happened to Chelsea Grimm. Obviously, this is all speculation based on the information that we have concerning her disappearance.

I do believe that Chelsea may have intentionally gone off the grid as a response to possible stressors in her life, including the end of a possibly toxic relationship (based on the ex-boyfriend’s profile). Based on the information that I’ve read, Chelsea had previous experience at a teen wilderness camp when she was younger, suggesting that she does possess survival skills, which could aid her in living independently. Her family also confirmed that she was an experienced camper and self-reliant. Using Euro money is a strategy to mislead those who might be searching for her, effectively diverting them from her trail. She literally stated herself in the video taken of her at that motel that she was looking to “stay off the grid”. The flat tires on her car found in Williams, Arizona, may have been staged to mislead authorities.

My theory is that she might have sought refuge in off-grid locations or communities in Arizona, which the state is known to have. Those would definitely be areas of interest to look into if I were the authorities.
It is more likely something happened to Chelsea than her choosing to vanish of her own accord. Succumbing to the elements after becoming lost in the wilderness, or foul play befalling her, is more likely than Chelsea spontaneously deciding to live off the grid without telling anyone or taking supplies.

I do not think Chelsea would have put her dragon as risk by spontaneously going off the grid without being prepared; going off the grid means her dragon would presumably not have access to vet care. Chelsea also had an apartment, a relatively new car, and other responsibilities that were not taken care of before she left.

It is more likely something happened to Chelsea than her choosing to vanish of her own accord. Succumbing to the elements after becoming lost in the wilderness, or foul play befalling her, is more likely than Chelsea spontaneously deciding to live off the grid without telling anyone or taking supplies.

I do not think Chelsea would have put her dragon as risk by spontaneously going off the grid without being prepared; going off the grid means her dragon would presumably not have access to vet care. Chelsea also had an apartment, a relatively new car, and other responsibilities that were not taken care of before she left.
That is true. I never thought about the dragon. I wonder if she may have gotten into another vehicle and left. I agree that she had a lot of responsibilities. I just hope that there will be news soon on her whereabouts.

IMO this would be the most likely scenario.

From what I've read so far there's no indication that Chelsea intended to terminate communication with her family, or that she had any known plans to abandon her personal or professional responsibilities.

What interesting insight! I could see this as a possibility.

Early on I felt she may have intentionally went "off the grid," but I don't feel like this is likely anymore :(

Early on I felt she may have intentionally went "off the grid," but I don't feel like this is likely anymore :(
I truly believe there are only two possibilities here:

1 Chelsea is injured, or has succumbed to injuries, somewhere in the wilderness.
2 Chelsea is a victim of violence from someone she met during her trip.

A person with real or perceived mental illness/psychiatric disabilities, or even a person in visible crisis, is more likely to be targeted for violence than to willingly vanish. Of course there are people, prepared or not, that decide to live off the grid; they may even do so spontaneously. However, I think that scenario is rare. I would be remiss to not point out how common violence against women is, which also makes that possibility more likely than living off the grid.

I also want to point out that sometimes "going off the grid" simply means not going on social media. It could have been hyperbolic. I'm sure any one of us can relate to that feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back