FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. That’’s what I think will be the defense.
I am so surprised that with all their cash they didn’t just pay K in cash.
The trap was that she needed a G-v plan for the insurance -so she needed to prove employment.
she needed the paycheck. The fact that the last check was right before SG’s arrest is also bad for her. That means she knew what was going on, right?
I think it’s reasonable to speculate that the original intent was to pay only cash. She may have come to him later and asked to be put on the payroll because she needed insurance for her kids, and he may have done it to keep her happy, just like he is alleged to have bought her gifts and given her the Lexus. I think, possibly, he didn’t think about or understand how bad that would look.

Long drawn out..yes. And time for me to get back to “real life” lol.
I was wondering bc Wendi spent time there getting her masters right?
And Charlie did mention it.
I’m wondering if Donna has reached out at all to Robert, since she cant talk to Charlie.
in desperation. I’m sure not.
Will Robert be a witness? Maybe only about what they discussed at H’s 70th.
Was that the last time he saw them all? I thought so.
Oh yes, she did. Cambridge. Also she was planning to go to London. In November. ( Can't even recall the year now. 2013 or 14? Too much info in this case)
Yes CA did also say on Dulce, that the London relatives had called them after the slaying of Dan.

re Robert ' Honest Abe'
IDK but personally can't imagine Georgia asking a son to help get LWOP for his mother, especially because he's uncle to Markel boys who may need his support in the future. Am i being naive?
Could his wife Haritha testify instead ? Will Georgia need either? IDK what they know except for background and motive

Oh yes, she did. Cambridge. Also she was planning to go to London. In November. ( Can't even recall the year now. 2013 or 14? Too much info in this case)
Yes CA did also say on Dulce, that the London relatives had called them after the slaying of Dan.

re Robert ' Honest Abe'
IDK but personally can't imagine Georgia asking a son to help get LWOP for his mother, especially because he's uncle to Markel boys who may need his support in the future. Am i being naive?
Could his wife Haritha testify instead ? Will Georgia need either? IDK what they know except for background and motive
Her trip to London was around the time of Halloween 2013bc it was mentioned that she needed to give the down payment for the house (that CA talked her out of) before she left on The trip.she also had that friend in England who she spoke to twice after the murder after she left her house and before the lunch,

Her trip to London was around the time of Halloween 2013bc it was mentioned that she needed to give the down payment for the house (that CA talked her out of) before she left on The trip.she also had that friend in England who she spoke to twice after the murder after she left her house and before the lunch,
It took way too long to realise that '2013bc' meant '2013 because'. Here I was imagining W taking a trip to London 2000 years before Julius Caesar.

can post this address cause it's historic.

14744 76th Ave, Flushing, NY 11367

link shows the block

Donna Sue Jacobs yearbook photo. Parsons Junior High School. Many will have already seen the photo before but it dates from when she lived in Queens with parentsScreenshot 2024-01-12 at 21.14.08.png

Last edited:
The money was dropped off whilst Dan was still alive (in hospital), so the extortion wouldn't have happened at that point. The extortion would have started the day after when DM passed away..
According to Charlie, Katie came to him that night, the night of the murder, and said they had shot Dan and they wanted money. According to Charlie, that was the “first extortion,” and that was when it began.

I think it’s reasonable to speculate that the original intent was to pay only cash. She may have come to him later and asked to be put on the payroll because she needed insurance for her kids, and he may have done it to keep her happy, just like he is alleged to have bought her gifts and given her the Lexus. I think, possibly, he didn’t think about or understand how bad that would look.
By the time the checks started, the Adelsons thought they were in the clear.

Charlie's version of how the cheques started and why he told Donna about being 'extorted'
Claims that he phoned Donna asked her to put KM on payroll.
By September 2014 he claims he goes to the condo to collect first cheques from D & this is when he claims to tell D about the first ' extortion'

( whole sequence is preposterous but I guess Donna will be creating her Defense around it)

Around 3 hrs in

Also, Chin wobble. Happens a couple of times. Then Dan Rashbaum picks up on it and asks him ' I saw you getting emotional'
Hard to fake a chin wobble unless you're an actor. Maybe on some level he realises what he's done?

Also says that bf Dave A accompanied WA and boys during one of the visitations with the Markels ( I guess WA never did a meet without back-up)

link shows the block

Donna Sue Jacobs yearbook photo. Parsons Junior High School. Many will have already seen the photo before but it dates from when she lived in Queens with parentsView attachment 474157
”May you succeed in all your wants”?
Incredible how much those attached homes are going for. Because it’s just so close to Manhattan.
That could not have been her first home bc it was built when she was 6.
I’d bet it was probably 15K or less when it was built in 1955.

It's been posted before, but too good not to repost. GC toying with WA like a cat with a mouse.... never seen WA look so rattled especially at 12.40. DA is going to be in a lot of trouble if she takes the stand as will WA if she's called as a witness.

link shows the block

Donna Sue Jacobs yearbook photo. Parsons Junior High School. Many will have already seen the photo before but it dates from when she lived in Queens with parentsView attachment 474157
How did you access Donna’s yearbook photo?

Yes, something like that. But the “first letter” think to me reads as some sort of sop to Wendi’s family, especially since they used the whole poet’s name, which in no way resembles any American person’s name that Wendi might have in her family starting with that letter.
I don’t understand the confusion. I’m totally unfamiliar with Hebrew traditions, but if I am understanding anything that you all have posted related to the tradition with “the letter,” Wendi’s late beloved grandmother’s name began with an “L” (Grandma Lorraine?) as does “Lev,” (the name Danny wanted?)

What am I missing?

Out of curiosity, does all this relate to the bris? The first name “Lev” is to honor the ancestor and only to be used in the naming at the bris?

Edit: but now I read above that the poet’s name is “Yehuda Amichai” — so I am really confused now! How does one connect that to the A family or “Lev”?

Last edited:
I don’t understand the confusion. I’m totally unfamiliar with Hebrew traditions, but if I am understanding anything that you all have posted related to the tradition with “the letter,” Wendi’s late beloved grandmother’s name began with an “L” (Grandma Lorraine?) as does “Lev,” (the name Danny wanted?)

What am I missing?

Out of curiosity, does all this relate to the bris? The first name “Lev” is to honor the ancestor and only to be used in the naming at the bris?

Edit: but now I read above that the poet’s name is “Yehuda Amichai” — so I am really confused now! How does one connect that to the A family or “Lev”?
''We want to take this opportunity to say a little about the people whose memory we honor through the naming of our son. Our son’s name in English is Benjamin Amichai Markel. His Hebrew name is Lev Amichai Markel. Each of these three names is rich in significance and merits elaboration.''

''The name Benjamin also happens to be the name of Danny’s paternal great-uncle Benjamin, whose daughter Tzipi, and whose grandchildren, Shlomi, Zvika, and Elad, are cousins in Israel and the US to whom Danny maintains an extraordinary close relationship. Because Uncle Benjamin dies many years ago, Danny was deprived of a relationship with him.''

''Last, we want to return one last time to Cubby’s middle name, Amichai. As many of you know, the Hebrew name Amichai was the last name of the great Israeli poet, Yehuda Amichai, who died almost a decade ago''.

Just saw on another site that the Dateline from last night has a preview of the show next week that is on this case. They'll have video of Donna's arrest at the airport.

If anybody recorded last night's show, you should be able to see it ETA: and maybe you could post here.

I know there's been discussion about what Georgia said on STS about the possible consequences if Wendi lied while testifying under her grant of limited immunity. I replayed the episode and came away thinking that Georgia was not saying that if Wendi lied her immunity deal would go out the window (i.e., she was not saying that if she lied her testimony could be used against her).

In the episode Joel asks her if Wendi lied does that negate the overall immunity deal or does it only open her up to consequences for those specific false statements (i.e., perjury charges). First, Georgia said "the latter" (meaning it only opens her up to potential perjury charges). Then she said "well, arguably both I think is a better answer". However, when she explained that answer, she did not actually say that a lie would negate the immunity deal. Instead, she re-framed the question and said: "The question is, if it's proven that she lied could that be used against her in future proceedings? And I think the answer is yes, and she could also face consequences for perjury, if that could be proven..."

Bottom line is I think all she was saying was that if Wendi lied the fact that she lied could be used against her. I don't she was saying that her actual substantive prior testimony could be used against her in future (non-perjury) proceedings. JMO.

See 25:19 to 26:08 here.

I know there's been discussion about what Georgia said on STS about the possible consequences if Wendi lied while testifying under her grant of limited immunity. I replayed the episode and came away thinking that Georgia was not saying that if Wendi lied her immunity deal would go out the window (i.e., she was not saying that if she lied her testimony could be used against her).

In the episode Joel asks her if Wendi lied does that negate the overall immunity deal or does it only open her up to consequences for those specific false statements (i.e., perjury charges). First, Georgia said "the latter" (meaning it only opens her up to potential perjury charges). Then she said "well, arguably both I think is a better answer". However, when she explained that answer, she did not actually say that a lie would negate the immunity deal. Instead, she re-framed the question and said: "The question is, if it's proven that she lied could that be used against her in future proceedings? And I think the answer is yes, and she could also face consequences for perjury, if that could be proven..."

Bottom line is I think all she was saying was that if Wendi lied the fact that she lied could be used against her. I don't she was saying that her actual substantive prior testimony could be used against her in future (non-perjury) proceedings. JMO.

See 25:19 to 26:08 here.
My understanding is that if you lie, those lies can be used to impeach your credibility in a future proceeding. So they can come in, but the state wouldn’t be using them for the substance (which is not true), but to show that she said something different before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member