MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points. It is odd to me. It is also odd a friend gathered up supposed belongings of one of the deceased from the house (per the same article) unless it was with permission of LE (and I'd think JW.)

If there was a chance of a criminal prosecution, I can't imagine letting family members tramp around.

Finally some places say the meeting is today-- Wednesday-- and other sources say "tomorrow" often interpreted as Thurs.
MOO
Which "friends" were there when the police arrived? Did they remove evidence then?
IMO.

Two very well-known quotations with regard to uncovering the truth. Particularly when the truth seems a mystery.

Of course Galileo was pondering actual science and ACD was a fiction writer elaborating on Sherlock Holmes’ methodology.

These quotes still resonate to me, though. This is IMO a very convoluted situation, and personally I vacillate between JW knowing nothing and JW knowing something.

At this point the truth seems, to me, what is most likely and that is an accidental overdose or alcohol poisoning, exacerbated by cold weather.

Whether JW or Or Weamer-Lee were aware of it, or participated in it (maybe W-L brought the drugs), or were completely ignorant of what happened, what will be left over after investigation will be the truth. Even if it seems improbable.

Of course Arthur Conan Doyle didn’t live in an age when there were toxicology tests. It would have made Sherlock Holmes’ skills rather expendable!
3961FF30-3B77-4FE3-BA0D-F4DC00A07197.jpeg360593CA-4634-4A9C-A54E-1586F0FEA087.jpeg

Excellent points. It is odd to me. It is also odd a friend gathered up supposed belongings of one of the deceased from the house (per the same article) unless it was with permission of LE (and I'd think JW.)

If there was a chance of a criminal prosecution, I can't imagine letting family members tramp around.

Finally some places say the meeting is today-- Wednesday-- and other sources say "tomorrow" often interpreted as Thurs.
MOO
Moo...
JW may have encountered items left in the home, while packing. Maybe video game, previous left hat, jacket, etc.

I host out door BBQs during the summer. I always have "left behinds".

I would think JW would want to return any items in his possession. They were good friends.
Moo....

Prosecutor & Fam's "Meeting" at Death House? Autopsies Complete?

MOO
@NCWatcher. Thanks for your response.
"If there was a chance of a criminal prosecution, I can't imagine letting family members tramp around."
^Exactly^

Seems autopsy reports may have been completed.
Seems prosecutor may have decided not prosecute.

Last edited:
Prosecutor & Fam's "Meeting" at Death House?
My first thought when I heard about the planned meeting wasn't of it in terms it being part of the investigation but more a chance to inform the families of what they've found out, maybe answer questions they might have about logistics? I could be way wrong about that.
@sunshineray Thx for responding.

Not disagreeing about ^ PURPOSE of meeting, but puzzled about -
LOCATION, at scene of deaths not officially deemed the crime scene.
And
TIMING, before autopsy reports w CoD & MoD are released.
And
TIMING, before any ARREST (maybe no arrest is imminent now. Or ever?).

Such unusual circumstances re deaths. imo

Prosecutor & Fam's "Meeting" at Death House? Autopsies Complete?

@NCWatcher. Thanks for your reponse.
"If there was a chance of a criminal prosecution, I can't imagine letting family members tramp around."
^Exactly^

Seems autopsy reports may have been completed.
Seems prosecutor may have decided not prosecute.
I agree. I don't think prosecutors would take any family to a crime scene and map out the case for them, if they had plans to prosecute.

Maybe, the prosecutors thought they could better explain what happened and give the family closure. Maybe JW offered up the house to prosecutors.

It is odd, and not a procedure I'm familiar with. Seems to me, it will open more speculation, questions, what ifs, why nots, and more screen time with the media.

Moo..a meeting with family, prior to a press conference, would provide clarity for all.

Moo..

The scientist has said he waved the trio off at 2am after the game and went to sleep on his couch.
Green emphasis mine.
Sooo... not upstairs in his bedroom, then ?
(presuming the hosts' room was upstairs)

DailyMail.com broke it to the heartbroken father that it was his son who was discovered first – by McGeeney's desperate fiancée April Mahoney, 34, who broke into the property just before 10pm that Tuesday night.
Two items here : First -- Holy cow -- The DM had to tell David's dad that his son was discovered first, and he didn't hear it from LE ??
How odd.

Secondly, if JW was asleep on his couch for two days, ho did he not hear the fiance' breaking a window and calling frantically for her fiance' before finding Harrington ??

Also in the above link is the fifth person's (Alex Weamer-Lee, aka "Lee", or AWL and not DWL as I'd typed earlier, sorry !) past history.
Maybe the families need to know more about AWL as well ?

Also this :

'Fifth man' Lee has hired attorney Andrew Talge. The criminal defense lawyer said his client (AWL) had texted Willis.....
Insertion mine.

Would be very interested in knowing if there was ever any response from JW ?
Not saying anything is hinky . Just for more clarification.
Omo.

Odd case. You would think regardless if they were extremely drunk between three people someone could use a phone, bang on the door to the house, open a gate in the yard, yell for help and maybe a neighbour would come out, or even boost someone over the fence to go to the front door or knock on a neighbour's door.

On top of that the friends actions leading up to discovering the bodies is really shady IMO

I just don't see how three fully capable men even if they were drunk couldn't figure out how to get out of a backyard unless they were incapacitated by drugs or were met with foul play, IMO

Last edited:
DailyMail.com can also reveal detectives have not ruled out re-interviewing Jordan Willis, 38, (pictured with a relative) who hosted the party at his rental home where the pals gathered to see their team narrowly beat the Los Angeles Chargers on January 7.  He maintains that he had nothing to do with his friends' deaths

DailyMail.com can also reveal detectives have not ruled out re-interviewing Jordan Willis, 38, (pictured with a relative)

Relatives of the close friends have been asked for the codes to unlock the devices to see what photos were taken in their last hours and to see exactly who each of them called.

The father of 37-year-old victim David Harrington – who died along with Clayton McGeeney, 36, and Ricky Johnson, 38 – told DailyMail.com: 'I had a detective ask for my son's code because they couldn't unlock his phone.

Jon Harrington, 58, continued: 'They can access the call records but they wanted to see what else the phones contained.

'I know that they asked all the other families as well. In fact, I didn't know the code, so couldn't help.'

Families spoken to by DailyMail.com have said they cannot dismiss drugs as a possible cause of death of all three.

'Fifth man' Lee (front left) has hired an attorney, Andrew Talge. The criminal defense lawyer said his client turned up at the house at 7pm and left at midnight when the four other men were watching Jeopardy
'Fifth man' Lee (front left) has hired an attorney, Andrew Talge. The criminal defense lawyer said his client turned up at the house at 7pm and left at midnight when the four other men were watching Jeopardy

Last edited:
Prosecutor & Fam Meeting at Death House.
I agree. I don't think prosecutors would take any family to a crime scene and map out the case for them, if they had plans to prosecute.

Maybe, the prosecutors thought they could better explain what happened and give the family closure. Maybe JW offered up the house to prosecutors.

It is odd, and not a procedure I'm familiar with. Seems to me, it will open more speculation, questions, what ifs, why nots, and more screen time with the media.

Moo..a meeting with family, prior to a press conference, would provide clarity for all.
Moo..
@Simply Southern Thanks for responding.
I think most of us are familiar w prosecutor meeting w victims & surviving fam's, to explain non-prosecution --- the evd. they have which prosecutors believe is not sufficient to prove a crime BARD.

ETA: " open more speculation, questions, what ifs, why nots, and more screen time with the media."
Yep, I think so.

Yes, meeting at this SCENE and this TIMING = UNUSUAL.
A meeting in prosecutor ofc is traditional, iiuc.

This is a tragic and mysterious incident involving three friends who went to watch a football game and were later found dead outside the house in Kansas City. The circumstances surrounding their deaths are currently under investigation by the Kansas City Police Department. The friends of the deceased men reported that they had last seen them on Sunday while watching the Kansas City Chiefs game, and attempts to contact the current resident of the house went unanswered. The community awaits further information as authorities work to unravel the details of this unfortunate event. connectionsnyt.us
@connectionsnyt

If this ^ should link to the 3 KC deaths, it's not working for me.

"...families have been invited to a MEETING tomorrow with the county prosecutors at the SITE of the HOME WHERE the men DIED." (my CAPS)

Doing this w property owner's permission?
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but otherwise I'm trying to imagine how LE/prosecutor could get warrant or ct order to do this, as part of their criminal investigation.

Trying to recall any case where prosecutor has done this.
[ETA: Prosecutor arranging for fam members of deceased to visit/tour a privately owned property which is a death scene but not officially deemed a crime scene.]
Anyone?

(Some fam of 4 uni/ID students wanted to go in 1122 King House, IIRC.
Did they? IF so, that was AFTER ARREST of BK and fam had LEGAL RIGHT to the return of students' personal property. I recall the pickup trucks being loaded, but IIRC, by LE, some for evd, some back to fam.)

"Just listening the NewsNation Banfield re-broadcast from last night and she's saying one of the victim's father and step mother have informed NewsNation that the families have been invited to a meeting tomorrow with the county prosecutors at the site of the home where the men died. I hope they finally can have some questions answered <3"

I'm pondering this too. First, the posture of the families seems to indicate intense dissatisfaction with police. LE won't usually conduct visits to death scenes, it's not what they do. It is the DA to whom they transmit their findings (and who then decides if there's a crime - apparently so far, no crime).

But of these two sets of public employees, the DA's office would be the best equipped (being lawyers) to deal with potentially litigious people. It's actually a really good idea and swings out around the traditional tight-lipped (for good reason) LE stance. I am guessing that both the DA and a couple of assistants will go out there to walk them around and answer questions.

It's awful that in the US, increasingly, victims' families can't get more immediate answers. This case has attracted international attention, and so the DA decided this was the way to go. Have all the family members at once. Let them ask their questions (it's entirely possible that each person has a different version of what they think happened - and in the case of three of them, of what they actually saw; this is pretty normal - eyewitnesses almost always vary in terms of what they saw). I am guessing the families will learn whether the blinds were open or closed, etc.

I've never seen this before, either - but then, I mostly follow crime investigations and this is not a crime investigation (yet - may never be). It is reminding me more of the situations in National Parks where families come in to actually see where their loved one died, because until they do, they have a hard time understanding it. Grand Canyon may have been the first park to do this routinely and their rangers are amazing and so professional - but compassionate. The DA is in a position to explain to the families that no one else is in. He also has the early reports from the regular autopsy - so he may actually know something about cause of death, if not the entire picture (due to the toxicology profile - for which he will prepare them).

It's great that the DA is giving the families this opportunity, as he knows they will speak to the press afterwards - it's bold but I think it's also compassionate.

IMO.

David Harrington (second left), Clayton McGeeney (second right) and Ricky Johnson (right) are shown with two unidentified fellow Chiefs fans, neither of whom is believed to be involved in the mystery.

DailyMail.com can also reveal detectives have not ruled out re-interviewing Jordan Willis, 38, (pictured with a relative)

Relatives of the close friends have been asked for the codes to unlock the devices to see what photos were taken in their last hours and to see exactly who each of them called.

The father of 37-year-old victim David Harrington – who died along with Clayton McGeeney, 36, and Ricky Johnson, 38 – told DailyMail.com: 'I had a detective ask for my son's code because they couldn't unlock his phone.

Jon Harrington, 58, continued: 'They can access the call records but they wanted to see what else the phones contained.

'I know that they asked all the other families as well. In fact, I didn't know the code, so couldn't help.'

Families spoken to by DailyMail.com have said they cannot dismiss drugs as a possible cause of death of all three.
Bbm.
Snipped for focus.
Thanks for posting this.
I read that as well.
Either LE have more questions, or are looking to tie up loose ends ?
Imo, they know what they have and knew it early on, hence the statement that this is not foul play.
Still hoping they can speed up the test results for the families' sake.
Omo.

I'm pondering this too. First, the posture of the families seems to indicate intense dissatisfaction with police. LE won't usually conduct visits to death scenes, it's not what they do. It is the DA to whom they transmit their findings (and who then decides if there's a crime - apparently so far, no crime).

But of these two sets of public employees, the DA's office would be the best equipped (being lawyers) to deal with potentially litigious people. It's actually a really good idea and swings out around the traditional tight-lipped (for good reason) LE stance. I am guessing that both the DA and a couple of assistants will go out there to walk them around and answer questions.

It's awful that in the US, increasingly, victims' families can't get more immediate answers. This case has attracted international attention, and so the DA decided this was the way to go. Have all the family members at once. Let them ask their questions (it's entirely possible that each person has a different version of what they think happened - and in the case of three of them, of what they actually saw; this is pretty normal - eyewitnesses almost always vary in terms of what they saw). I am guessing the families will learn whether the blinds were open or closed, etc.

I've never seen this before, either - but then, I mostly follow crime investigations and this is not a crime investigation (yet - may never be). It is reminding me more of the situations in National Parks where families come in to actually see where their loved one died, because until they do, they have a hard time understanding it. Grand Canyon may have been the first park to do this routinely and their rangers are amazing and so professional - but compassionate. The DA is in a position to explain to the families that no one else is in. He also has the early reports from the regular autopsy - so he may actually know something about cause of death, if not the entire picture (due to the toxicology profile - for which he will prepare them).

It's great that the DA is giving the families this opportunity, as he knows they will speak to the press afterwards - it's bold but I think it's also compassionate.

IMO.
Thanks, for the perspective. Do you think the DA will have a PC or allow families to share?

“After the shocking loss of three of his close friends under extremely tragic circumstances, Jordan recognized that he had a problem with addiction,” the source said, without elaborating on the exact nature.

“He immediately checked himself into rehab after vacating his home and putting his things into storage.”

“After the shocking loss of three of his close friends under extremely tragic circumstances, Jordan recognized that he had a problem with addiction,” the source said, without elaborating on the exact nature.

“He immediately checked himself into rehab after vacating his home and putting his things into storage.”

The "unnamed source" comes from yet another piece of reporting - but that source is not allowed on WS. There are some factual errors in that NYPost article. I guess I need to know who the "family friend" might be - but the original source doesn't state who it is, either. And whether that source is a family friend of one of the deceased, or, with more relevance, the family friend of JW.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member