TX - Man kills sex offender after luring him by posing as child online - February 1, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

James Lewis Spencer III was arrested by the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force without incident on Wednesday, according to Houston police.

Early in the morning of May 29, 2023, someone driving in the 900 block of Northwood Street called 911 after finding a lifeless body in the ditch, later identified as 37-year-old Sean Connery Showers.

This is a man who planned a first degree murder, not a heat of the moment/defense killing. He wanted to kill someone and found an “acceptable” target to do so and people are applauding him? Normal people don’t set up an undercover operation to murder someone.

“You’re here for the first degree felony offense of murder,” the judge said.

The details of the allegations, bizarre, even for Victim Services Director of Houston Crime Stoppers Andy Kahan.

“This was diabolically cunning,” Kahan said. “When I look at this, I’m going ‘this is the stuff you see in movies.’”

“This guy had to have done a lot of deep background, had to prepare for this. This was not some random spur of the moment deal,” Kahan said.

“Nobody should be taking the law into their own hands. He completed his sentence, yes he didn’t register, but this is taking it way too far,” Kahan said.

This is a man who planned a first degree murder, not a heat of the moment/defense killing. He wanted to kill someone and found an “acceptable” target to do so and people are applauding him? Normal people don’t set up an undercover operation to murder someone.
As someone who unfortunately has a family member who is a pedophile, I stand by what I said.

It’s gonna be wild to see this become more acceptable. There’s a lot of crimes that this sort of revenge can apply to so they all may not be so easy to swallow.

Man in custody wearing black shirt and jeans with short hair and mustache.

James Spencer III, 24, had been in contact with Sean Connery Showers, 37, on the messaging app Kik, where he posed as an underage individual as the two planned to meet up while some of their messages appeared “sexual in nature,” according to ABC 13.

It’s gonna be wild to see this become more acceptable. There’s a lot of crimes that this sort of revenge can apply to so they all may not be so easy to swallow.

Agree. Seems like a slippery start to a slipperier slope.

Mount a sting and hand over to LE? Maybe.

Mount a sting and commit murder? Not so much.

I mean, good riddance. Nobody is gonna cry over this guy being dead. But I definitely can't condone vigilante justice, because it really is a slippery slope. It can't be encouraged; it's all too easy for it to result in innocent victims being caught in the middle, or mistaken identity, also what's the line that's considered acceptable for street justice and what isn't? Not talking about CSAM or CA, because we're all pretty clear on that, but who decides what is and isn't punishable by random people who get to call themselves judge and executioner? We need better and more effective means of punishing and treating offenders so nobody feels the need to resort to this in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•
Back