Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
desperate search continues for a mother-of-three who vanished without a trace after heading off on a 20km run during a heatwave.

Samantha Murphy, 51, was last seen leaving her home on Eureka Street in Ballarat East, about 100km northwest of Melbourne, at 7am on Sunday.

It's understood she was planning to run through the Canadian State Forest and was captured on CCTV wearing a brown singlet and black half-length leggings.

The mother-of-three has now been missing for almost 36 hours

Her 'upset and concerned' family hold grave concerns and described her disappearance as out of character.
1707124823535.jpeg

desperate search continues for a mother-of-three who vanished without a trace after heading off on a 20km run during a heatwave. Samantha Murphy, 51, was last seen leaving her home on Eureka Street in Ballarat East, about 100km northwest of Melbourne, at 7am on Sunday. It's understood she was planning to run through the Canadian State Forest and was captured on CCTV wearing a brown singlet and black half-length leggings. The mother-of-three has now been missing for almost 36 hours Her 'upset and concerned' family hold grave concerns and described her disappearance as out of character. View attachment 481001
Hi, her name in incorrect in the thread title. It’s Murphy not Murray.
I live in Ballarat. Searching has been enormous in local community.
<modsnip - not in MSM>

Left for run at 7am

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, her name in incorrect in the thread title. It’s Murphy not Murray.
I live in Ballarat. Searching has been enormous in local community.
<modsnip - not in MSM>

Left for run at 7am

Hey neighbour! I live in Ballarat too. I don't know the lady personally but she's super familiar to me. I'm following all updates.

For those that don't know it's a fair bit of a run from her place and where she was going to run that day to where the phone was last pinged, especially on the morning of a very hot day (it was very warm at 10am, you could feel the sting in the sun). I'm pretty suspicious quite frankly.

Hey neighbour! I live in Ballarat too. I don't know the lady personally but she's super familiar to me. I'm following all updates.

For those that don't know it's a fair bit of a run from her place and where she was going to run that day to where the phone was last pinged, especially on the morning of a very hot day (it was very warm at 10am, you could feel the sting in the sun). I'm pretty suspicious quite frankly.
Hey there!

I also don’t know personally. Have walked in Woowookarung many times. It’s an interesting place. In the middle of urban areas and built up around but the forest itself feels very isolated. I’ve only ever gone walking with friend. I wouldn’t be keen to walk there alone, seems so vast.

I’m suspicious too.

<modsnip - rumor>

The 51-year-old was last seen leaving her property on Eureka Street to go for a run in Canadian State Forest about 7am on Sunday.
1707139868499.jpeg
“Obviously, yesterday was a hot day … there (is) obviously increased risk there because of the heat,” Acting Inspector Lisa McDougall said.

“It raises the urgency of the search for us and obviously we account for the fact that that will have an impact on someone’s health.”

“The area of search isn’t completely remote, we are on the outskirts of Ballarat, and it’s not that far from urban areas as well,” MacDougall said.

Acting Inspector MacDougall said data received from Ms Murphy’s phone, which she had been carrying at the time, pinged near the golf course.

They've expanded the search area to the north now, parts of Black Hill, Brown Hill and Nerrina.
Search Area Expands to Black Hill for Missing Ballarat Woman Samantha Murphy

I'd also like to add there are a lot of mapped disused mine shafts and some shafts that were sunk and never mapped. There have been old shafts that have reopened again due to subsidence, or old timber caps rotting away.

That day, temperatures soared to 36 degrees, but the 51-year-old never came home.

Her disappearance has come as a shock to the tight-knit community, located an hour and a half drive from Melbourne.

Samantha is well known in the area and is heavily involved in the local theatre scene.

She and husband Michael also own a car panel shop in town.
1707213364350.jpeg

From the Daily Mail article Linked above.
Michael (Mick) Murphy, who owns and operates a smash repairs business with his missing wife, said he was 'not too bad under the circumstances'.
Mr Murphy told 9News he wouldn't be joining the search, preferring to stay at home to try and keep his mind busy while he waited for an update.
If my wife went missing and I didn’t know where she was, with her disappearance classed as extremely out of character, I wud be distraught.

From the Daily Mail article Linked above.
Michael (Mick) Murphy, who owns and operates a smash repairs business with his missing wife, said he was 'not too bad under the circumstances'.
Mr Murphy told 9News he wouldn't be joining the search, preferring to stay at home to try and keep his mind busy while he waited for an update.

If my wife went missing and I didn’t know where she was, with her disappearance classed as extremely out of character, I wud be distraught.
Are family members allowed to join searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant