FL FL - Theresa Hartley, 66, lost in Ocala National Forest, vehicle got stuck w/friend, friend went for help, Theresa gone when returned, 10 March 2023

NOV 3, 2023
NBC News - 10 YEARS OF MISSING IN AMERICA
[...]

... On March 10, Theresa’s friend picked her up in his white Dodge pickup truck at her home in St. Augustine. According to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, who was investigating the case at the time, the friend said that he and Theresa had gone to the Ocala National Forest to collect firewood.

He said his truck got stuck and he told Theresa to wait in the car while he walked to go get help. The friend reportedly then called his sister who picked him up on March 11. He said when the two returned to his truck near North Forest Road 88, Theresa was nowhere to be found. Theresa’s niece, Cara, and her close friend, Robert, told Dateline they just want Theresa back home. ... Dateline spoke with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Zachary Moore, who said that the St. John’s County Sheriff’s Office is now handling Theresa’s case. ...

[...]

Why the transfer from Marion County to St John’s county? Hmmm.
My guess is that the authorities have now come to the conclusion that Theresa was never in the Ocala National Forest, and the whole 'my truck got stuck' nonsense was just a red herring (which is what I believe as well.) I think whatever happened to Theresa most likely happened at her home. I hate to think how much evidence could have been found when she first disappeared if everyone wasn't so focused on looking for her in the forest.

Theresa's case is one I can't stop thinking about. The predators in Florida are so good at winning your trust. They are sooo charming. They know just what you need. It's so easy to get tricked. Theresa may have finally realized that her "friends" were ripping her off, and they killed her. I wonder if they searched the house and Theresa's property with a cadaver dog?

What is the significance of this location I wonder.

Snip
….found "skeletal human remains" on private property Thursday, according to its Facebook post.
The remains were found in the Flagler Estates subdivision on Cedar Ford Blvd….
It may not be significant at all, of course, and may not be Theresa, but she was the first missing person I thought of when I saw the news. Her case really tugs at my heart. :(

It may not be significant at all, of course, and may not be Theresa, but she was the first missing person I thought of when I saw the news. Her case really tugs at my heart. :(
So the new search today has me confused .Are they searching near where this person was found ? Which would mean they know that it isn't Theresa , or are they back searching ocala forest ?

Mine, too. So many of us are older and alone, and I can tell you, it's easy to fall into the trap of trusting the wrong people when you need help. I've made the wrong turn a couple of times, and let me tell you, shifty people come around pretending to be lambs, more often than not!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back