MN - Amish buggy crash 2 kids die

Damarna

Reaction score
This happened in my community. I know the Amish family. Injustice breaks my heart.

Two children were killed and another two were injured when an SUV crashed into a two-wheeled horse-drawn Amish buggy in southern Minnesota on Monday morning, authorities said.

The buggy and the SUV were going in the same direction when the crash happened shortly before 8:25 a.m. in Fillmore County on County Road 1, Sheriff John DeGeorge said in a news release.

The four children in the buggy were siblings from rural Stewartville, a few miles to the northwest, DeGeorge said.

More here:

Last edited:

Warrants: Investigators believe identical twin covering for sister in fatal buggy crash​

A woman told deputies she was driving the vehicle that struck a buggy and killed two children in Fillmore County, but now her identical twin sister is suspected.

A woman accused of speeding and being high on methamphetamine when she collided with an Amish buggy, killing two children and seriously injuring two others, later sent a text message admitting she'd made her twin sister come to the crash scene "and take the fall for it so wouldn't go to prison," new criminal charges allege.

Prosecutors in Fillmore County on Monday charged Samantha Jo Petersen, 35, of Kellogg, with 21 counts, including eight counts of criminal vehicular homicide, related to the crash, which happened Sept. 25 on County Road 1 in rural Stewartville.

This happened in my community. I know the Amish family. Injustice breaks my heart.

Two children were killed and another two were injured when an SUV crashed into a two-wheeled horse-drawn Amish buggy in southern Minnesota on Monday morning, authorities said.

The buggy and the SUV were going in the same direction when the crash happened shortly before 8:25 a.m. in Fillmore County on County Road 1, Sheriff John DeGeorge said in a news release.

The four children in the buggy were siblings from rural Stewartville, a few miles to the northwest, DeGeorge said.

More here:

this is disgusting and I hope she does life and her twin should also be punished for lying for her
how did they fit 5 people in a two-wheeled buggy?

they both have several FB pages - these might not be the most recent

here's one of Samantha's FB:

here's one of the sister's FB:

I wonder if the investigation will reveal a criminal history for Samantha - not sure why the sister would agree to go to prison for her ... maybe they thought if the twin had no criminal history, they'd go easier on her? also, maybe no drugs would show up in her system?

they both have several FB pages - these might not be the most recent

here's one of Samantha's FB:

here's one of the sister's FB:

Oh the irony of Samantha's 1st post on her page :oops:

this is disgusting and I hope she does life and her twin should also be punished for lying for her
how did they fit 5 people in a two-wheeled buggy?
There were 4 kids. Three sat on the bench seat and little Wilma was on Irma's lap. Wilma had Cerebral palsy.

There were 4 kids. Three sat on the bench seat and little Wilma was on Irma's lap. Wilma had Cerebral palsy.

yes 4 kids but wasn't an adult with them?

I feel sorry, though, for the kids of Samantha.

bizarre isn't it? her twin seemed to have some kind of power over her
@KooshBall

Text messages reveal the twin who was behind the wheel​

The district store manager and human resources manager (HR) at Hy-Vee told investigators Sarah and Samantha both work for Hy-Vee. Samantha messaged them on Sept. 25, 2023, saying she messed up and was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of the crash, charges said.

The district store manager told investigators they believed Sarah would take the fall for Samantha because Samantha took care of Sarah's children while Sarah was in prison, and now she feels like she needs to help Samantha.

@KooshBall

The district store manager and human resources manager (HR) at Hy-Vee told investigators Sarah and Samantha both work for Hy-Vee. Samantha messaged them on Sept. 25, 2023, saying she messed up and was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of the crash, charges said.

The district store manager told investigators they believed Sarah would take the fall for Samantha because Samantha took care of Sarah's children while Sarah was in prison, and now she feels like she needs to help Samantha.

oh right of course
how did I not think of that?

@KooshBall

Not a twist I expected. Guess the truth really is stranger than fiction.

Prosecutors now allege Samantha Jo Petersen was behind the wheel Sept. 25, 2023, when a motor vehicle slammed into a horse-drawn carriage, killing two children and injuring their two siblings.

It was not her identical twin sister, Sarah Beth Petersen, who took responsibility at the scene, who was driving, the prosecutors say.

The sisters allegedly pulled off the switcheroo because Samantha Petersen was high on drugs at the time of the crash and was scared she’d be sent to prison, according to court documents.

An officer left his recorder running and walked away during the investigation, and it also allegedly recorded Samantha Petersen telling her sister, “I think one of the guys is onto me, but I really don’t care … there’s no way they would ever know the difference between the two of us, so they can’t tell.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back