NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

Of course he will hit up his biggest loan company: his supporters!

Of course. I don't know why his financial supporters donate to him so wildly.

I have seen estimates that the money he has to pay (the defamation award and this fine) will constitute about 15-18% of his cash assets.

I wonder how many of the donators can say that about $438,000,000 constitutes 15-18% of their own cash assets.

Robbing from the less fortunate to pay for the rich.

imo

I have seen estimates that the money he has to pay (the defamation award and this fine) will constitute about 15-18% of his cash assets.

I wonder how many of the donators can say that about $438,000,000 constitutes 15-18% of their own cash assets.

imo
He says he has $400,000,000 in cash but a lot of people doubt that he has that much. The other assets are complicated with mortgages etc. I really think he’s screwed.

James celebrated Engoron's order as "a massive victory for Americans who believe in that simple but fundamental pillar of our democracy: that the rule of law applies to all of us equally, fairly, and justly."

"The scope of Donald Trump's fraud is staggering, and so too is his ego and his belief that the rules do not apply to him," she said. "Today, we are holding Donald Trump accountable."

The New York attorney general said her office was "holding Donald Trump accountable for lying, cheating, and a lack of contrition"

N.Y. civil fraud ruling: Letitia James celebrates order as a 'massive victory'

Grant Cardone's wife has set up a $354,000,000 fundraiserthatshallnotbenamed for "fund the unjust judgement". As of right now, it's raised $23k. It's been up for five hours.
So... enough to pay it all in 13 years or so? I'm not good at mathing :)

I worked out the interest on what Trump owes so far and it's $98,520,520! Which means he really owes as of today $453,389,288, and going up everyday.

That's a lot even for alleged billionaires with lots of sugar mama funders. If things gets tight for Trump, I suppose he can always join George Santos on Cameo.

Last edited:
I shall go ahead & post this.

Update!

Friday, February 16th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 49)-JUDGE’S DECISION (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23 & ended on 1/11/24 with closing arguments. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23 & ended 12/18/23. Closing arguments were on 1/11/24.
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace, Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert PLLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-48 (10/2-1/25/24) & thru 2/8/24 reference post #519 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-26

2/14/24 Update: Judge Engeron’s decision is due on Friday, 2/16/24.
2/16/24 Update: Ruling: Trump, his eldest sons & associates have been ordered to pay $355M plus by a New York Judge Arthur Engoron who found them guilty of intentionally committing financial fraud over the course of a decade. Judge Engoron’s decision deals a devastating blow for the former president who had built his reputation as a successful real estate developer. Engoron barred Trump & two other executives from serving as officers or directors of any New York corporation or entity in New York for three years. His sons, Eric & Donald Trump jr, were banned for two years. In his decision Engoron said the defendants’ “fact & expert witnesses simply denied reality, and defendants failed to accept responsibility or to impose internal controls to prevent future recurrences.” Trump has denied all wrongdoing & will likely appeal the decision. Eric & Donald, Jr. ordered to pay $4M & Weisselberg to pay $1M & permanent ban in the State of New York. He also continued "the appointment of an Independent Monitor" & ordered "the installation of an Independent Director of Compliance" for the company.
Link to ruling: https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovclouda...OF_THE_STATE_OF_DECISION_AFTER_TRIAL_1688.pdf

imo
He isn't robbing the less fortunate- they are more than willing to spend their food money to contribute to poor victim Trump--- I don't feel badly for these people at all- they adore him-

Fully concur. Most big real estate projects take far more than 3 years to complete. He can begin scheming to defraud in 2027 and still essentially be conducting business all the while during his ban.

It's not like a mom and pop restauranter who has to shut down their place for 3 years.
I wonder if this will stop his media merger blank check deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmwllm
Back