Found Deceased VT - Kayla Wright, circumstances surrounding her disappearance are under investigation, Troy, 2 Feb 2024

Court paperwork indicates Wright was involved with drugs, and had contact with Bryanna and Thomas Rooney, as well as Jakiy Tramaine Corey Keith. The Rooneys and Keith were arrested on federal drug charges following a raid on a home in Troy that Wright was known to visit.

It’s still not clear who killed Wright, but a judge ruled on Tuesday that the Rooneys and Keith will remain in federal custody while the case plays out.

Ms. Wright, who was 29 and a resident of Derby, was reported missing on February 2. According to a press release the Vermont State Police sent out on February 7, a toolbox of the type often mounted in the bed of a pickup truck was found on a sandbar in the Missisquoi River near Big Falls the previous afternoon. The release said a woman’s body was found inside.

A second release, issued on evening of February 7, said the woman had been identified as Ms. Wright and an autopsy conducted by the Chief Medical Examiner’s office determined she died of a bullet wound to the head and was the victim of a homicide

Last edited:
Meanwhile Kash, Aaron Camp and Josh Pendleton are free to distribute deadly drugs through the county.

A large drug bust, along with a stash of guns (including collector guns), took place in St. Johnsbury. The drug dealer was processed and released with a citation to appear at a later date all in a matter of a few hours. No one is or will put a stop to it. Kickbacks??Screenshot_20240214_203234_Messenger.jpg

Reading over the documents, it makes one wonder if Kayla may have been one of the confidential informants used to buy drugs.

JMO
I considered that she may have been...CI-2 was kicked out but then contacted later to return...Jakiy Keith aka AB told CI-2 he would be back on Friday Feb 2nd. Kayla was last seen on the 2nd at the house Jakiy was. Nothing more in the report on CI-2. Nothing on whether CI-2 actually met with the drug deal on Friday or any day before. The undercover investigation just stopped cold at that point. Kayla was reported missing on the 3rd. It would not be the first time law enforcement endangered an untrained citizen and
got them killed nor the first time they smoothed over it.

This one comes to mind
"On May 7, 2008, Rachel Morningstar Hoffman (December 17, 1984 – May 7, 2008),[1] a 23-year-old American, was murdered by drug dealers Deneilo Bradshaw and Andrea Green while acting as a police informant in a botched drug sting by the Tallahassee Police Department. Her body was recovered two days later near Perry, Florida.[2] Hoffman's death led to the implementation of "Rachel's Law", which imposed stricter requirements for law enforcement agencies for undercover informants operating in Florida.[3]"

Last edited:
I have wondered this sense the beginning. A bullet to the head just seems..... drastic for a drug house / drug related murder.
You would think drastic for them but that is not the case. 7 to 8 (if not more) unsolved shooting deaths in a 50 mile area. All drug related. Not counting all the targeted drug overdose method that is not listed as homicide.

You would think drastic for them but that is not the case. 7 to 8 (if not more) unsolved shooting deaths in a 50 mile area. All drug related. Not counting all the targeted drug overdose method that is not listed as homicide.
thank you for that statistic - crazy!!

I am wondering if the Feds have to disclose if she was working for them? I would assume they don't have to do anything they don't want to, But if she was already included in their evidence / case. Ugh - I am just so sad for her.

My opinion is that "helping law enforcement" in the form of being an informant- is a TRAP

I am wondering if the Feds have to disclose if she was working for them? I would assume they don't have to do anything they don't want to, But if she was already included in their evidence / case. Ugh - I am just so sad for her.

My opinion is that "helping law enforcement" in the form of being an informant- is a TRAP
It is very dangerous and just wrong for them to use drug addicts to do controlled buys. I believe she could have been ci-2. But to my knowledge she did not have 3 dui arrest but did have a former drug charge.1000001876.jpgCi-1 had no criminal past nor anything was mentioned of them being a user but ci-2 was an addict and was planning on getting sober.

Bbm ITA

Over a month and nothing in the media that I can find about this women or the others related to the case.

Strengthens my suspicion that she was a confidential informant and it went south and she paid the price with her life.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back