CA - 3-year old boy found dead in bathtub with throat slit - FEB. 21, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

A family friend found a 3-year-old boy with his throat slit in a bathtub in his Lancaster home Tuesday night, according to sources and the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

No. Why?

The biological father of the toddler, Herbett Hernandez, said he is utterly devastated over his child's death and is in disbelief.

"What did he do for this psycho, monster, whoever, did that to my baby?" the elder Hernandez said.

The grieving father was in an on-again, off-again relationship with the boy's mother for the last 13 years. They had been separated for the last four months.

According to the sheriff's department, there were three other children in the home. All were unharmed and were placed in the custody of the County Department of Children and Family Services. The Times reported those children are ages 9, 11 and 14.

Last edited:
As a pretty much lifelong resident of Lancaster, it's mind boggling how this is happening more and more here. Just a few months ago there were two kids were murdered and two siblings hospitalized from abuse by their father. A few years before that four kids were shot and killed by their father. Around the same time you had two decapitated by their father. I can't recall any cases like this from when I was growing up or even as I got older.

Then there's the cases involving DCFS and children known to them in the Antelope Valley. Anthony Avalos, Noah Cuatro(2019)and Gabriel Fernandez(2013). On top of those, from 2015-2018 there were either 10 or 11( not sure if Anthony is included in that timeline) other deaths of children by caregivers in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.

A 3-year-old boy was found with his throat slit in a bathtub in his Lancaster home on Tuesday night, authorities said.

The toddler, David Hernandez, was found with his throat cut in the 43400 block of 57th Street West when deputies arrived around 10:55 p.m., officials said. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The Los Angeles County medical examiner reported his manner of death as homicide and cause as “an incised wound of the neck.

Investigators said Naulls is the live-in boyfriend of the victim’s mother and named him “a person of interest” in the case. Naulls was admitted to the hospital and listed in stable condition, police said.

A 3-year-old boy was found with his throat slit in a bathtub in his Lancaster home on Tuesday night, authorities said.

The toddler, David Hernandez, was found with his throat cut in the 43400 block of 57th Street West when deputies arrived around 10:55 p.m., officials said. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The Los Angeles County medical examiner reported his manner of death as homicide and cause as “an incised wound of the neck.

Investigators said Naulls is the live-in boyfriend of the victim’s mother and named him “a person of interest” in the case. Naulls was admitted to the hospital and listed in stable condition, police said.
According to the LASD inmate locator he's been arrested.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-124458.png
    Screenshot_20240225-124458.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 8

Why didn't he attempt to unalive himself before he murdered a three-year old child?

Why didn't he attempt to unalive himself before he murdered a three-year old child?
IMO-he never intended to commit suicide. He only did it because he killed the little boy. I hate to say it, but IMO he might of been angry with him because of having a potty accident or maybe even was worried he was abusing the little boy and would be caught.

LANCASTER, Calif. - Authorities have identified the 3-year-old Lancaster boy whose neck was slashed earlier this week, as a homicide investigation into his death continues.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a child bleeding and not breathing inside a home in the 43400 block of 57th Street West just before 11 p.m. Tuesday.

At the scene, authorities found the toddler suffering from cuts, lacerations, or stab wounds to his neck. He was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries, officials said. He was identified on Thursday by the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner as David Jacques Hernandez.

A man at the home, later identified as 39-year-old Rena Naulls, was also taken to the hospital for treatment after attempting to take his own life, the sheriff's department said. Naulls is the live-in boyfriend of the boy's mother.

As a pretty much lifelong resident of Lancaster, it's mind boggling how this is happening more and more here. Just a few months ago there were two kids were murdered and two siblings hospitalized from abuse by their father. A few years before that four kids were shot and killed by their father. Around the same time you had two decapitated by their father. I can't recall any cases like this from when I was growing up or even as I got older.

Then there's the cases involving DCFS and children known to them in the Antelope Valley. Anthony Avalos, Noah Cuatro(2019)and Gabriel Fernandez(2013). On top of those, from 2015-2018 there were either 10 or 11( not sure if Anthony is included in that timeline) other deaths of children by caregivers in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.
This was interesting to read. I also grew up out there, and when I see one of these stories it just confirms my experience growing up in the area in the 80s and 90s. At least since the early 90s Lancaster has had notoriously high child abuse and child abuse death rates. (Here's a 1992 LA Times story about it.) But it's possible local AV news didn't cover it as well.

Every time one of these stories appear, I click on it, almost subconsciously hoping it might have some clue as to why this continues to be such a high child abuse environment. The area has changed so dramatically since the that 1992 article was written, and yet this 2024 article is just a less detailed echo of the same story.

This was interesting to read. I also grew up out there, and when I see one of these stories it just confirms my experience growing up in the area in the 80s and 90s. At least since the early 90s Lancaster has had notoriously high child abuse and child abuse death rates. (Here's a 1992 LA Times story about it.) But it's possible local AV news didn't cover it as well.

Every time one of these stories appear, I click on it, almost subconsciously hoping it might have some clue as to why this continues to be such a high child abuse environment. The area has changed so dramatically since the that 1992 article was written, and yet this 2024 article is just a less detailed echo of the same story.
Yeah I don't remember it being covered very well at all from the AV Press.

It's sad that 30+ years later, the issues with DCFS are still the same and they havent figured out a way to fix the failures. So many of the cases have been preventable had someone just paid attention and done the right thing

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said Naulls served 14 years in state prison on an attempted murder case. He was on parole when the little boy died. The DA’s office says he was arrested for possession of a firearm, which is a parole violation.

According to the documents, three older brothers ages 9, 11, and 14, were also in the home during the time of David's death. They were not injured.
New Details in Death of Lancaster 3 Year Old Boy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966
Back