KY KY - Bowling Green, WhtFem 25-45, UP955, Hit by Truck on I-65, IUD Device, Marlboro cigs, Clothes, Jun'78

And no DNA? o_O Ugh. I mustn’t throw stones.

That recon is...better than nothing?
I guess you could say that :D if the recon is accurate it should be easy to find this woman!
I'm guessing her face absorbed most of the damage (also noting that the left eye color was unknown so one eye was likely destroyed/knocked away) :(
Dentals are 'available' so I'm hoping the lower jaw was more-or-less intact.
Unless her lower body was literally evaporated I'm having a tough time guessing why the height is so variable...maybe the medical examiner didn't have time to put all the pieces together? (sorry for the imagery) In the cropped pictures she doesn't look overweight, her bra band size is a 38 (which is a rib cage circumference of ~34", not overweight) , so I'm guessing that her height is in the higher range.

some potential MP from NamUs - most are under the measured weight of 175lbs but of course people can gain weight..
Gonna be honest, none of these people jump out at me, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Vicki Lee Lambert, from MA, would have been 28. 5'3", 110lbs. Gave different stories about where she was going.
vicke_lee_lamberton_6.jpg

Patsy Ann Ravens, from AZ, would have been 32. 5'3", 170lbs. Involved in the Mormon church and left a note saying she was going to do God's work. This is the best match imo and has already been mentioned in this thread!
patsy_ann_ravens_1.jpg

Mercedes Lodge, from CA, would have been 44. 5'0", 145lbs. An alcoholic attending AA meetings at the time. No good picture but apparently has brown hair, brown eyes.
mercedes_lodge_1.jpg

Shirley Joann Banning, from OK, would have been 39. 5'8", 160lbs. This one's a suspected homicide, though.
shirley_joann_banning_2.jpg

Cynthia Ancona, from ME, would have been 39. 5'8", 140lbs. Suspected to have drowned herself? Can't see the reasons/evidence why people think that. Are people thinking this UP was a suicide?
Thumbnail

Gosh, these are all interesting! I agree, it’s been difficult finding anyone that just completely convinces me. I think everyone’s right, the poor girl would have been obliterated just about. :( Quite sad. And I’m really not sure how that would factor into them getting an accurate height/weight. I know that it would, just not sure how.

Of the ones you found, Vicki intrigues me. She kind of stood out the most and is about what I’ve been visualizing when I think about our Doe. Her stories had me a little confused lol, but that may have been her intention. She’s young and seems like she would have been well kept and (IMO) would certainly be in need of an IUD. Makes me think of the quote “oh what a tangled web we weave...” Maybe she was overwhelmed with just how tangled she had become in her own web?

With Shirley, I just don’t see a scenario that would allow for her to walk...anywhere really...and end up in Kentucky. But it’s not impossible. Mercedes and Cynthia just don’t have enough info for me to really say one way or the other. I’m not sure Mercedes would be far from California. And Cynthia? Yah, not sure what makes them think suicide/drowning. I’d be interested in finding more about her. Patsy, yah, she fits for sure!

JMOO :)

2 Missing Person Exclusions:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #Susan Kidd
Date of Last Contact--
StateCA
County--

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7739Margaret Hayes
Date of Last ContactMarch 10, 1977
StateIN
CountyMonroe

I really wish there was more interest in this case. I feel like the awful reconstruction they did of this individual caused people to look at it and just be like nope I don’t know of any missing person that looks remotely close to that, so they just moved on. This woman was hit by a large truck on an interstate which did extensive damage to her head. It’s like they did a post mortem reconstruction of her. Do they really think that’s what her head looked like prior to the accident. If it did, then I can promise you there would have been no problem identifying her. The reconstruction has since been removed, but it honestly reminded me of the movie the mask when I first seen it.

I feel like this woman has probably been reported missing but due lack of DNA, and terrible reconstruction it remains unsolved. Also why does the doe network have her height listed as 4'10" - 5'6". That’s a big difference in height. So which was it, was she tall or short. I mean they literally recovered her entire body and they couldn’t come up with better estimate of her height. My only guess is maybe they were unable to obtain an accurate measurement due severe skeletal disfigurement as a result of being hit by a truck that was likely going 65-75 mph.

One thing about this female is I do believe she cared about her appearance as her feet/hands and nails were described as well kept. She also had her brown hair pulled back with some type of silver styled barrette.

Things to take into consideration is she was struck on I-65 in Warren County Ky. near the Logan County line. The city of Bowling Green which is located in the county is a popular college town. Home to Western Ky University. Also I think since the incident occurred on an interstate that there is a good probability that she was just traveling through the area. I-65 runs through 4 states, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana. I know that Warren County is located in the southern portion of Ky and closest to Tennessee. I think I’m going to start by looking for missing persons in those 4 states.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho
Back