MI MI - Pamela Lovitt, 18, Westland, 26 Sept 1977

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Pamela Marie Lovitt
Wayne County, Michigan
18 year old white female

Height:66
Weight: 110
Hair: Brown; Shoulder length-straight
Eyes: Hazel

Scar right ankle
Freckles on face
Cigarette burn on inside of wrist

Pierced earlobes

Circumstances:
Karen told family she was moving to Florida when she turned 18. She was supposed to visit her sister in Virginia, but never showed up and the family never heard from her again. Two letters were written to her mother from Titusville, FL (Brevard County) and Marmaduke, AR (Greene County). She was last seen alive in Westland, MI.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33661/

I wonder how she got the cigarette burn on the inside of her wrist. Maybe someone in her close circle was abusive.

My mom used to smoke while doing my hair when I was a little girl. Can't tell you how many times I got burned just from wiggling around and flailing my arms every time she pulled a snarl.

My mom used to smoke while doing my hair when I was a little girl. Can't tell you how many times I got burned just from wiggling around and flailing my arms every time she pulled a snarl.
OK! So it easily could have occurred accidentally.

I'm sorry you had to grow up around a smoker. People who smoke around their kids don't deserve to have them.

Has anyone looked into the possibility that a relatively famous Jane Doe known as "Orange Socks" might be Pamela? I saw a comment on the Unidentified Wiki that mentioned this possible connection, but the user never posted it on here and not many people noticed it over there.

33UFTX

There are quite a few discrepancies:
  • Height and weight are significantly off
  • Orange Socks had a scar on her chin that is not mentioned in Pamela's file, and there is no mention of Orange Socks having a cigarette burn scar.
  • Orange Socks is missing teeth that Pamela is assumed to have had
  • The person who supposedly killed Orange Socks says that her name was either Judy or Joanie
However, hair and eye color are similar, the age range matches up, they both had pierced earlobes (although that isn't saying much), and in my opinion, Pamela and some of Orange Socks' reconstructions look a bit similar, which I think is interesting considering Orange Socks has some distinctive facial features.

Perhaps some of the discrepancies, like the scar on the chin and the 30+ lb weight gain, might be due to the fact that Orange Socks was found 2 years after Pamela went missing. If I want to be completely honest, I doubt Orange Socks was ever reported missing and I'm sure that this connection is a major stretch, but if I had to pick a missing person most likely to be her, it would be Pamela.

Original

Pamela Marie Lovitt, age 18
Missing since 26 September 1977

Demographics

Missing Age18 Years
Current Age 62 Years
Sex Female
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contac tSeptember 26, 1977
Last known location: Westland, Wayne County, Michigan

LINK:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Pamela Marie Lovitt, age 18
Missing since 26 September 1977

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member