GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Schoenhorn, who represented Troconis throughout the two-month trial, said he will be filing two motions by Friday: a post-trial motion for acquittal and a motion for a new trial.

“I don’t believe that this is a just verdict,” he said when reached by phone Tuesday. “And I intend to use the legal process to get as far as we can to right that wrong, in my opinion.”

IIRC didn’t JS file 2 motions of acquittal during trial that were denied by the judge.

Does he think this third time is going to be a charm….with this same judge?

IIRC didn’t JS file 2 motions of acquittal during trial that were denied by the judge.

Does he think this third time is going to be a charm….with this same judge?
His presentation of the second try was hilarious. He says he was going to add to it but didn't have time so....

Even he knew it was going nowhere.

There was a time I worried that JS was working so hard to get the custody report admitted so he could turn around and seek a mistrial/acquittal on the grounds it was entered at all. Like he was baiting the State to speak of it too.

It continues to worry me that a report which was deemed incomplete and ordered sealed has had so much air time. We should never have even heard of it.

The Defense shouldn't have been referencing it, the then-defendant (now Inmate #433612) shouldn't have had access to it nor been able to disseminate it, within the courtroom no less, but that was all the Defense's doing. IMO they can pound sand. And wait on steep sanctions if I had my way.

JMO
"…Division of Criminal Justice Inspector Christopher Gioielli wrote in the warrant affidavit that he took a screenshot of the video that showed nine partial sentences containing about 82 letters, numbers and punctuation marks that mirror page 50 of the sealed report. That page, the warrant affidavit said, included a forensic evaluation of the Dulos family as it related to the family court case of Jennifer Dulos vs. Fotis Dulos.

The Courant reviewed Law and Crime’s video stream and the timestamp noted in the warrant and also captured a screenshot of the moment Troconis’ laptop was shown.

The warrant affidavit also noted an article by Hearst Connecticut Media, in which reporters noted that Troconis had previously had an article pulled up that made mention of fabricated forensic evidence while a forensic analyst was on the witness stand.

The article Troconis had pulled up was from the Associated Press, with the headline “Judge Finds Forensic Scientist Henry Lee Liable for Fabricating Evidence in a Murder Case,” and detailed how a judge found famed forensic scientist Henry Lee liable for fabricating evidence in a murder case that sent two Connecticut men to prison.

Prosecutors in February made mention of this article and concerns about Troconis’ family’s behavior, with McGuinness moving to have Troconis’ mother barred from the courtroom.

Randolph did not kick Troconis’ mother out but ruled that other than attorneys and court staff, no one would be on a laptop in the courtroom during the trial. Troconis did not use her laptop in the courtroom again.

The warrant affidavit mentioned that Troconis had been in court for all criminal pretrial and trial proceedings when Randolph and all counsel consistently referred to the report as a “sealed” report consistent with Judge Heller and Judge John F. Blawie’s prior orders…"

She will easily be found guilty of Contempt of Court for violating a court order with her laptop. She is convicted of tampering with evidence. She used a cell phone to impersonate a person in order to create a false alibi for a murder. There is no way she is going to get bail on appeal because of her propensity to violate the law, and court orders, via electronic devices. The only way to ensure she doesn’t continue to cause criminal havoc, especially with electronic devices, is prison. She has demonstrated skill at evading the law with laptops and phones. If she were on house arrest, the likelihood that she would continue to use such devices to violate the law and/or court orders and/or conditions of bail weighs heavily against her with respect to bail.

"…Division of Criminal Justice Inspector Christopher Gioielli wrote in the warrant affidavit that he took a screenshot of the video that showed nine partial sentences containing about 82 letters, numbers and punctuation marks that mirror page 50 of the sealed report. That page, the warrant affidavit said, included a forensic evaluation of the Dulos family as it related to the family court case of Jennifer Dulos vs. Fotis Dulos.

The Courant reviewed Law and Crime’s video stream and the timestamp noted in the warrant and also captured a screenshot of the moment Troconis’ laptop was shown.

The warrant affidavit also noted an article by Hearst Connecticut Media, in which reporters noted that Troconis had previously had an article pulled up that made mention of fabricated forensic evidence while a forensic analyst was on the witness stand.

The article Troconis had pulled up was from the Associated Press, with the headline “Judge Finds Forensic Scientist Henry Lee Liable for Fabricating Evidence in a Murder Case,” and detailed how a judge found famed forensic scientist Henry Lee liable for fabricating evidence in a murder case that sent two Connecticut men to prison.

Prosecutors in February made mention of this article and concerns about Troconis’ family’s behavior, with McGuinness moving to have Troconis’ mother barred from the courtroom.

Randolph did not kick Troconis’ mother out but ruled that other than attorneys and court staff, no one would be on a laptop in the courtroom during the trial. Troconis did not use her laptop in the courtroom again.

The warrant affidavit mentioned that Troconis had been in court for all criminal pretrial and trial proceedings when Randolph and all counsel consistently referred to the report as a “sealed” report consistent with Judge Heller and Judge John F. Blawie’s prior orders…"

Thank you for gifting this article. No paywall.
Powerful article. Cannot believe during the forensic people testifying she was reading about Dr.Henry Lee! Dumbfounded.
And, of course, the custody dispute, as we know.
No words.
MOO

Wow - just WOW! IMO: her ship is sunk! I did get a chuckle because I “listened” to the write up and AI kept caller her and her family “Trickony”, rhyming with “Tony”. IMO - that’s the spaghetti that stuck to the wall

Thank you for gifting this article. No paywall.
Powerful article. Cannot believe during the forensic people testifying she was reading about Dr.Henry Lee! Dumbfounded.
And, of course, the custody dispute, as we know.
No words.
MOO
Completely agree! This is what I have been wondering - is there unseen-to-the-public camera evidence that she won’t be able to refute. Sounds like that is a yes.

Still no knowledge if they took her laptop and developed any metadata or “manipulation evidence” - like opening the document and changing the font size during live court.

She really is the poster child for lack of remorse. She intentionally impugns the judge who will not only determine 1) her bail on appeal; 2) but, her sentence. I really can’t imagine being in any worse standing before this judge facing a sentence for conspiracy to commit murder.

Completely agree! This is what I have been wondering - is there unseen-to-the-public camera evidence that she won’t be able to refute. Sounds like that is a yes.

Still no knowledge if they took her laptop and developed any metadata or “manipulation evidence” - like opening the document and changing the font size during live court.

She really is the poster child for lack of remorse. She intentionally impugns the judge who will not only determine 1) her bail on appeal; 2) but, her sentence. I really can’t imagine being in any worse standing before this judge facing a sentence for conspiracy to commit murder.
I think it was verified that they took her laptop in the hallway.
Second defense attorney said in court the next day she didn't have it with her as such to imply it was her choice.
Another Judge that I love is Gary White. Tough, no nonsense. Looks like he signed of on the warrant.
It's just unreal to me.
MOO.

DM released the FD 911 Call when JF fled:

"Missing Connecticut mother Jennifer Dulos' husband called 911 the day before she filed for divorce and sought custody of their children in 2017, saying he didn't know where they were. Fotis Dulos, 51, called police around 9.30pm on June 19, 2017, to say he couldn't get a hold of Dulos after she had left with their five children for New York. Fotis said: 'I haven't been able to get in touch with them. I've been texting. I see the texts have been delivering but no one is responding to me.' The next day Dulos filed papers for a divorce and moved herself and her young children into a rental home an hour away in New Canaan. In her affidavit filed June 20, 2017, Dulos wrote: 'I am afraid of my husband. I know that filing for divorce and filing this motion will enrage him.' Ever since the filing, the estranged couple have been locked in bitter proceedings for the past two years. Dulos, 50, is currently missing and was last seen on Friday morning when she dropped her children off at school".

She will easily be found guilty of Contempt of Court for violating a court order with her laptop. She is convicted of tampering with evidence. She used a cell phone to impersonate a person in order to create a false alibi for a murder. There is no way she is going to get bail on appeal because of her propensity to violate the law, and court orders, via electronic devices. The only way to ensure she doesn’t continue to cause criminal havoc, especially with electronic devices, is prison. She has demonstrated skill at evading the law with laptops and phones. If she were on house arrest, the likelihood that she would continue to use such devices to violate the law and/or court orders and/or conditions of bail weighs heavily against her with respect to bail.
Beautifully stated and thank you for the input and continued contributions in this thread! IMO those details would also look great in a ‘Friend of the court’ / Amicus Curiae brief filing if allowed perhaps? MOO

"Missing Connecticut mother Jennifer Dulos' husband called 911 the day before she filed for divorce and sought custody of their children in 2017, saying he didn't know where they were. Fotis Dulos, 51, called police around 9.30pm on June 19, 2017, to say he couldn't get a hold of Dulos after she had left with their five children for New York. Fotis said: 'I haven't been able to get in touch with them. I've been texting. I see the texts have been delivering but no one is responding to me.' The next day Dulos filed papers for a divorce and moved herself and her young children into a rental home an hour away in New Canaan. In her affidavit filed June 20, 2017, Dulos wrote: 'I am afraid of my husband. I know that filing for divorce and filing this motion will enrage him.' Ever since the filing, the estranged couple have been locked in bitter proceedings for the past two years. Dulos, 50, is currently missing and was last seen on Friday morning when she dropped her children off at school".

Unhinged.

Who calls 911 when there's no emergency and he knows it.

He is calling 911 to whine that he's not getting immediate return texts.

Zero reason to believe they were in any kind of harm's way.

Abuse of 911.

What an entitled, impossible, aggravating man.

JMO

@lucegirl, I was going to send up an SOS for help on this but am not sure the answer can be found absent the Order from Judge Blawie which I don't believe we have. I had posted the relevant sections from the Family Court regarding how report was to be handled and it was very specific and controlled. This document I believe was also an exhibit in the trial during the testimony of GAL Atty Michael Meehan. Apologies in advance as I got my cast off today and sadly the pain killers have scrambled my brain so this is all quite beyond me atm so I'm not sure I'm thinking about this issue properly at all. Any focus would be appreciated....

Here is the relevant section from the Hartford Courant article about the guideline that Judge Blawie put on Horn for the discredited report.

"In April 2021, Troconis’ defense attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, filed a motion regarding the report that was granted by Blawie in May 2021. Blawie’s instructions, according to the warrant affidavit, stated that the “report is released to defense counsel; restrictions pursuant to Practice Book Section 25-60 apply to its further dissemination.”

"The State’s Attorney’s Office said Troconis was present during that proceeding".

Page 313

Question: Reading this section from the Practice Book Section 25-60 referenced in the HC article above as being the restriction imposed by Judge Blawie, I'm scratching my head trying to understand how Jon Schoenhorn was even able to publicly discuss the discredited report as he has been since he received it in 4/21 let alone bring it into the MT Trial?

But, the above issue aside, on what basis was Judge Blawie even able to release the discredited report absent approval from Judge Heller from Family Court to Jon Schoenhorn as it seems clear in Section 25-60 that Schoenhorn isn't one of the named parties that could have a copy of the discredited report? But, not only did Schoenhorn obtain a copy of the report he then proceeded to talk about it both directly and indirectly when even the originally intended parties of Dulos v Dulos and their respective counsel and the GAL I don't believe could speak publicly about the report?

I think the backstory on the Schoenhorn motion was that he demanded a copy because CSP had a copy in their possession as I believe they found the copy at 4Jx.

I've always been confused as to how this was able to happen and I wondered why Judge Blawie simply didn't take the CSP copy away and return it to Judge Heller as the document was sealed and belonged to Family Court? If CSP had wanted it back then they could have issued a request to Judge Heller? I simply don't understand how this all happened?

I'm not an attorney so apologise in advance for simply not understanding something that perhaps is quite basic to an attorney, but i'm baffled.....
MOO

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.20.13.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.20.48.pngScreenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.21.20.pngScreenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.21.45.pngScreenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.40.16.pngScreenshot 2024-03-06 at 19.40.44.png

Last edited:
I think it was verified that they took her laptop in the hallway.
Second defense attorney said in court the next day she didn't have it with her as such to imply it was her choice.
Another Judge that I love is Gary White. Tough, no nonsense. Looks like he signed of on the warrant.
It's just unreal to me.
MOO.
Really!! Why has all this new info been so hard to come by? Both the seizure of the laptop AND readable video evidence of the document on her screen. I knew the defense team said she “didn’t have it” - such a sketchy statement.

What could she possibly say in her defense? 1) She didn’t know she had the document seems to be the only non-incriminating thing; but she can’t testify to that because she would be shredded on cross. 2) She can’t say she didn’t mean to open it because that would be an admission of knowing she had it which is the essence of the violation. And again - no way to get that in without her testimony and destruction on cross.

What is worse for her though is she isn’t just an unknowing recipient of a document who may have negligently left her laptop open, in front of the gallery and media - she displayed it on purpose to be disrespectful to the court, the jury the state prosecutors and witnesses. That is why I hope there is evidence she opened the document and changed the font or the zoom in open court. I think they can prove the violation without those keystrokes - it would just be very revealing if a computer expert could show that level of manipulation aka consciousness of guilt.

Other than her who could the defense even call?

I remember this. The poor girl. She tried but he prevailed . He got to her in that garage. Then the coward took his own life. Cary Luft talked about DV and how she would be on a mission to prevent this happening to anyone else. No doubt this wise, well spoken, loyal friend will follow through on her promise.
MOO.

Really!! Why has all this new info been so hard to come by? Both the seizure of the laptop AND readable video evidence of the document on her screen. I knew the defense team said she “didn’t have it” - such a sketchy statement.

What could she possibly say in her defense? 1) She didn’t know she had the document seems to be the only non-incriminating thing; but she can’t testify to that because she would be shredded on cross. 2) She can’t say she didn’t mean to open it because that would be an admission of knowing she had it which is the essence of the violation. And again - no way to get that in without her testimony and destruction on cross.

What is worse for her though is she isn’t just an unknowing recipient of a document who may have negligently left her laptop open, in front of the gallery and media - she displayed it on purpose to be disrespectful to the court, the jury the state prosecutors and witnesses. That is why I hope there is evidence she opened the document and changed the font or the zoom in open court. I think they can prove the violation without those keystrokes - it would just be very revealing if a computer expert could show that level of manipulation aka consciousness of guilt.

Other than her who could the defense even call?
In addition to that, her #2 defense attorney clearly read it. It's on video. JS quickly allowed that he was interrogating the witness, thus unaware.
Posters then said #2 attorney should be held accountable. I actually posted I thought that was harsh. But now I get their reasoning.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member