Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be any number of reasons for running after a hit, but why move the body?--unless just out of sight into the bushland.
Yes, I don’t see much point in moving the body if she was hit by a car.
Probably would leave more DNA evidence in the car than just leaving her where she was.
I wonder if this guy is an employee of the business.
He may beconsidered the weakest link, and there could be a lot more to come out yet.

This update is a bit more hopeful …

Police said on Thursday that a 22-year-old man from Ballarat was in custody and assisting investigators with their inquiries.

Paywalled for some:
That's a euphemism that gets trotted out with regularity, whether the subject is actually assisting or not.

MOO

Last edited:
I found this statement interesting : Her husband, Mick, told this masthead on Thursday he had been in contact with police all week but that he had not been told of Wednesday’s arrest.

And they said MM was going to pick his daughter up from school ! Isn’t she 20 years old ? Maybe meant from college / uni.

for full answers for the family soon.
I believe they have 3 children. 2 daughters and a son. IMO

Really strange that MM only found out when the media told him.

If your livelihood depended on you having a licence … ( and it was a hit and run?? )
I can understand a young person panicking and trying to cover it up …
Definitely not condoning it … but can see how it could happen, and it wouldn’t be the first time it has happened like that …

Especially if they were DUI or Driving with drugs on board … (driving home after a big night the night before?? Taking the back roads … etc)
It may not be the offender’s first driving offence ??? And the offender knew the penalty would be much harsher if caught again???

It may end up being a Manslaughter Charge or Dangerous Driving cause Death, and the additional charge of Interfering with a Corpse ..

All speculation and IMO

'Assisting police with their inquiries' at least in Victoria Police terms usually precedes a charge, as someone recently said. Basically it usually means that they're either being questioned or they're about to be charged. You'd think he'd be released fairly soon if he was cleared but it takes time to interview.

If they have the right person, and it was a hit and run accident, and then hiding the body, would it be better for them to say that and reveal where the body is.

If they don't, then they face the higher charge of murder.

If they have the right person, and it was a hit and run accident, and then hiding the body, would it be better for them to say that and reveal where the body is.

Agree totally … and maybe Police are right now searching a location that they have been told about ????

IMO

If he is the perp and he doesn't reveal where Sam is, we can bet there is more that her remains will show than a hit and run accident.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member