Found Deceased GA - Aimee Lafakis, 48, Brookhaven, 29 Sep 2023 *arrest*

Brandon Wineinger (Gwinnett County Police Department).

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - The boyfriend of Brookhaven woman, whose body was found earlier this week in Gwinnett County, is now facing a murder charge in connection to her death and disappearance.

Brandon Wineinger is accused of killing his girlfriend, 48-year-old Aimee Lafakis, who disappeared at the end of last month

snapshot-2023-10-01T163237.843.jpg

She was reported missing by family on Sept. 29. Her body was found on Drowning Creek Road in Gwinnett County a few days later, roughly 32 miles away from where she lived.

Wineinger is currently incarcerated in the DeKalb County Jail

A man is accused of suffocating his ex-girlfriend and landing a deadly blow to her head before hiding her body and lying about her disappearance, warrants show.

A criminal arrest warrant out of Gwinnett County now formally accuses Brandon Wineinger of malice murder, felony murder and aggravated assault in the death Aimee Lafakis.

Some of the media reports are different from what i am hearing. I don't know why that is really... I can see where both versions could be true, however. Idk if the whole thing will come out at the various trials or if they will even need to go into the details in order to get a conviction.

Can someone please, please help me?

Brandon Wineinger... I cannot tell if he is still in jail or where. I really need to know.

ETA: he has charges in DeKalb County, Georgia and Gwinett County, Georgia from October 2023.

Dekalb County shows a release date of 12/31/0000. I don't know what this means.

Can someone please, please help me?

Brandon Wineinger... I cannot tell if he is still in jail or where. I really need to know.

ETA: he has charges in DeKalb County, Georgia and Gwinett County, Georgia from October 2023.

Dekalb County shows a release date of 12/31/0000. I don't know what this means.
I think it shows 01/01/0001 now--possibly this is just their system requiring a release date to be entered, even if they're still in jail? Looking at DeKalb court records, he's marked as being in custody on documents as late as 1/3/24. He was denied bond on 10/27/23 for the DeKalb charges and on 10/6/23 for the Gwinnett charges.

I think it shows 01/01/0001 now--possibly this is just their system requiring a release date to be entered, even if they're still in jail? Looking at DeKalb court records, he's marked as being in custody on documents as late as 1/3/24. He was denied bond on 10/27/23 for the DeKalb charges and on 10/6/23 for the Gwinnett charges.
Thank you.. i had thought he was denied bond. The day before yesterday, the family member saw something on FB that made it sound like he had been released. Yesterday, they were very upset all day. I tried to look and make sure BW was in somebody's jail, some of the searches were just coming back like he has never been in jail in Georgia when he definitely has in both 2017 and 2023.

The release date i saw was 12/31/0000.

But i read somewhere that 0000 means he can only be released to another facility (jail, prison). The place i read that was pretty sketchy though so I didn't know if it was true.

In 2017, he was in jail in Hall County. I am starting to think that the confusing FB post this person saw was referring to HC letting him out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haor.org
Back