TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapchat keeps track of your location and has something called "snap map" which shows where somebody is. You can choose to share your location with others or himself. It also shows when that person was last active. My guess is it showed Caleb as being last active around 2:30 am
So I might be rethinking the idea that there's something else at play that caused the friends to call dad so quickly. If my friend was regularly active on snap, and generally reliable, showing up to classes, not staying away all night, and he or she was not active for a whole day and not showing up as normal...yeah, might set off alarm bells sooner rather than later.

For a little bit of context, TAMUCC has spring break next week. That means, CH likely had midterms this week or at least a few exams. That may be contributing to his disappearance.

Unless he's taking the 7 week courses, in which case, he would have just finished finals for those this week and started the second session for the semester.

Rachel Gomez, the mother of Harris’ roommate, posted a message to Facebook on Tuesday calling for “urgent” help: “[M]y son’s roommate Caleb Harris 21 yrs old is MISSING. He was last seen in the apartment at 2:30am this morning. All he took was his phone. His wallet and truck are still at the apartment.”

Denise Hall, the mother of one of Harris’ other roommates, said in a Facebook post that Harris was walking his dog on Monday around 2:45 a.m.

“He took his dog for a walk, brought the dog back in and stepped back out of the apartment possibly to pick up Uber Eats or one of those type of things to pick up food for Tuesday at school,” she wrote on a missing persons page. “His phone was off by 3am and has never come back on. His wallet, keys and vehicle are all in his apartment. It took a while in my opinion, but CC Police were out there yesterday searching the area, bringing in drones, and dirt bikes too.”

Hall added that Harris’ family “have been working for days to find him and coordinate the search,” and Harris’ friends and roommates “went to businesses all over [the] Corpus area and put out flyers and spoke to people” on Tuesday.

“Missing without a clue.”

— Denise Hall

So I might be rethinking the idea that there's something else at play that caused the friends to call dad so quickly. If my friend was regularly active on snap, and generally reliable, showing up to classes, not staying away all night....
I would not discount your first possibility. But, I do agree with your thought that it depends on the individual's over all schedule and discipline in keeping it.

Thinking back to my college days, I had room mates that I would not think twice about if they "vanished" between the dorm and their car- then stayed gone for two or three days given their uhmm....."distractions" ranging from girl friend drama and make up to a dazzling variety of "cant miss" fun.

In contrast, my sister was a pre medical major on the same campus. She kept her schedule to a "T". Missing a day of school was absolutely unheard of. Even missing a class, a lab, the regularly scheduled study group, or the professor's office hours etc. would have been seen those who knew her as very unusual and essentially unheard of.

MAR 6, 2024
[...]

His father said there wasn't anything to lead them to believe the student was in any danger or planning to leave.

[...]

Corpus Christi Police Officer Antonio Contreras told KIII that Corpus Christi Police Academy cadets were helping search in fields and ditches "for anything."

"We have not found any clues, no new evidence," he told the station.

Contreras said they are also using drones to search nearby wetlands and a dive team to search canals in the area.

[...]

MAR 6, 2024
[...]

... KRIS 6 News reporter Alexis Scott, spoke with Harris' father, Randy, who lives in New Braunfels. Randy said he recently spoke to his son on Sunday night and heard that he was missing on Monday after receiving a call from Harris' roommate.

Randy ensured that this is a complete shock to friends and family and this is not like Harris to disappear.

"He's just a normal kid with a normal routine," Randy said. "He planning on school the next day. Going to go fishing the next afternoon. He even texted me pictures of lures and fish that he planned on catching the next day, so I have no idea what happened. We're looking."

[...]

Rachel Gomez, the mother of Harris’ roommate, posted a message to Facebook on Tuesday calling for “urgent” help: “[M]y son’s roommate Caleb Harris 21 yrs old is MISSING. He was last seen in the apartment at 2:30am this morning. All he took was his phone. His wallet and truck are still at the apartment.”

Denise Hall, the mother of one of Harris’ other roommates, said in a Facebook post that Harris was walking his dog on Monday around 2:45 a.m.

“He took his dog for a walk, brought the dog back in and stepped back out of the apartment possibly to pick up Uber Eats or one of those type of things to pick up food for Tuesday at school,” she wrote on a missing persons page. “His phone was off by 3am and has never come back on. His wallet, keys and vehicle are all in his apartment. It took a while in my opinion, but CC Police were out there yesterday searching the area, bringing in drones, and dirt bikes too.”

Hall added that Harris’ family “have been working for days to find him and coordinate the search,” and Harris’ friends and roommates “went to businesses all over [the] Corpus area and put out flyers and spoke to people” on Tuesday.

“Missing without a clue.”

— Denise Hall

I suspect he let the dog out into the back yard. Some units in the complex seem to have little back or side yards.
I think the dog is irrelevant. It seems he was getting food from Uber eats. Hopefully that’s been verified with a credit card charge and they’ve identified the driver.

It makes sense to me that he only took his phone to step out and meet the Uber eats driver. If he had paid by credit card then no money would need to change hands. It looks difficult to find a particular unit in that complex if not familiar with it and perhaps he walked to a more central spot to receive the food.
But, if he wasn't under the influence of any substance, why didn't he just turn around and go back in. And, if he was under the influence, why aren't the food cartons on the ground or near-by?

Latest article I could find, Randy Harris (Caleb's father) interview with Chris Cuomo. No mention of food delivery driver.

The parents may want to check his bank activity. I know the wallet was left at his home but if he did order food at that late hour perhaps they could identify the delivery driver.

The parents may want to check his bank activity. I know the wallet was left at his home but if he did order food at that late hour perhaps they could identify the delivery driver.
Hopefully, that's already been done. Since he's a college student it's likely his parents own his phone and are the account holders on his service. In which case, it's a pretty easy thing to get phone use records.

MAR 7, 2024
[...]

“At about 2:58 a.m. is when his cell phone either died or was turned off,” said Randall. “The last video we saw of him he was barefoot. He was wearing a white button-down shirt with teal pants.”

[...]

“He was ready for the next day, ready for a normal school day,” said Randall. “He was prepping for lunch the next day; he had snacks brought to the apartment. He had been texting me and several friends different lures he was preparing to fish with after school.”

[...]

San Antonio private investigator Charlie Parker has been advising the family. He says they conducted a comprehensive social media search and tracked Caleb’s license plate.

“Wherever there are cameras, it takes a picture of that plate and sites it,” said Parker. “So, we sited the truck even though he wasn’t missing in the truck because we wanted to find out if maybe there was a different lifestyle that [his family] didn’t know about. We shared that information with his father and there was nothing unusual about where the truck was going.”

Parker says Caleb’s social media activity appeared normal too.

“The first thing to do is to call the cell phone provider and find out the last phone calls made on that phone,” said Parker. “Randy did that and I believe he gave the information to police.”

[...]

There is still no mention of the food that was ordered and if it is also gone. I'm going to assume based on the comment that they don't have any clues or evidence, whatever food was ordered is also technically missing with him. That would lead me to believe that he may have left with someone willingly (either the Uber Eats driver or someone else he was in contact with prior to shutting off his phone)... or if he was taken against his will, the prepatrator did a good job of cleaning up the location to avoide any evidence of a struggle.

MAR 7, 2024
A spokesperson for the Corpus Christi Police Department confirmed the search was expanding to include the Dive and Recovery Team. Texas Search and Rescue, the Coast Guard and other local dive teams are also participating, according to Kris 6 News.

I think the roommate's parent was just speculating that maybe he stepped out to get a food order. Since they're not an eyewitness or a family member, I don't think it can be taken as fact.
I see what you're saying... I'll put a pin in my theory then until the food order is confirmed or proven incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian