TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 7, 2024
A spokesperson for the Corpus Christi Police Department confirmed the search was expanding to include the Dive and Recovery Team. Texas Search and Rescue, the Coast Guard and other local dive teams are also participating, according to Kris 6 News.
That's upsetting news </3

I notice that the Coast Guard has been included. I wonder if LE thinks he may have made it out to the Gulf or if that is standard procedure.
I wonder if the dog was dragging a leash when he came back or was he just sitting by the door waiting to be let back in. Is that one of the reasons the room mate was concerned so early on.

Last edited:
I notice that the Coast Guard has been included. I wonder if LE thinks he may have made it out to the Gulf or if that is standard procedure.
I wonder if the dog was dragging a leash when he came back or was he just sitting by the door waiting to be let back in. Is that one of the reasons the room mate was concerned so early on.
I was wondering if they maybe tried letting the dog lead them, if he'd want to go to the last place he saw Caleb? Maybe that led them to the beach? Do we know how far away the beach was from their house/apartment?

*If* he went out to collect a delivery of food in the early morning hours, and that food was intended as his lunch, I wonder if that's his norm? Seems like an odd time. I wonder if that's confirmed with any of the food delivery apps. A possiblity is that it wasn't food, but a delivery of some other kind that might be more dangerous?

There is still no mention of the food that was ordered and if it is also gone. I'm going to assume based on the comment that they don't have any clues or evidence, whatever food was ordered is also technically missing with him. That would lead me to believe that he may have left with someone willingly (either the Uber Eats driver or someone else he was in contact with prior to shutting off his phone)... or if he was taken against his will, the prepatrator did a good job of cleaning up the location to avoide any evidence of a struggle.
I take back my comment about leaving willingly in this scenario. He was barefoot and that doesn't scream "I had plans to go somewhere" to me.

I have some worrisome questions.

Did Caleb actually walk (accompany) his dog outside at 2:44am (as that was my first impression per the NewsNation video with dad) OR did he just let the dog out at 2:44am and let him back in at 2:58am?

Had the food been delivered prior to 2:44am and found in the apartment OR was he awaiting delivery?

What time did each of the roommates last lay eyes on Caleb in his white shirt and teal pants? Did someone else see him walking his dog (assuming he accompanied the dog outside)?

I have some worrisome questions.

Did Caleb actually walk (accompany) his dog outside at 2:44am (as that was my first impression per the NewsNation video with dad) OR did he just let the dog out at 2:44am and let him back in at 2:58am?

Had the food been delivered prior to 2:44am and found in the apartment OR was he awaiting delivery?

What time did each of the roommates last lay eyes on Caleb in his white shirt and teal pants? Did someone else see him walking his dog (assuming he accompanied the dog outside)?
I saw somewhere that it was left on the porch. But I can’t remember where I saw that.

I thought his father said in an interview that he was ordering food from a convenience store for lunch the next day? here:
Yes. He said he was preparing for the day ahead; he ordered lunch from Uber Eats from a convenience store according to the Dad. It doesn't say he was expecting the food delivery right then - most likely it was to be delivered at lunch time, not 2:45 am.

This news report is dated today but I didn't realize searchers were also looking for shoes, tie and a belt. (Maybe these items were discovered in the apartment later since dad says he wasn't wearing shoes). I don't know but shirt, pants, belt and tie do not seem like "just a casual night at home" attire. (imo)

At 7 a.m. Wednesday, police officers, college students from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, and friends and family gathered along a sidewalk in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road near the apartment complex to search for clues. CCPD police cadets looked for clothing items including shoes, a tie, and belt in the adjacent field, while police drones scoured the area.

Also, from the report... “He had his phone with him—his keys, vehicle and wallet were all left in the apartment,” said CCPD Officer Antonio Contreras, adding that there was no indication of foul play at the site.

Last edited:
1709854079.jpeg

"We're using the cadets that we have currently in the academy to physically get their boots on the ground and canvas the adjacent fields, the drainage ditches, areas like that," CCPD Senior Officer Antonio Contreras said. "Right now as of early afternoon, we don't have any updates, but we're really working hard to find him."

Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi organized a gathering Thursday night in support of the search.

"The safety and well-being of our students is our utmost priority," the university said. "We ask our university community and the public to keep Caleb and his family in your thoughts. TAMU-CC remains hopeful for Caleb's safe return."

This news report is dated today but I didn't realize searchers were also looking for shoes, tie and a belt. (Maybe these items were discovered in the apartment later since dad says he wasn't wearing shoes). I don't know but shirt, pants, belt and tie do not seem like "just a casual night at home" attire. (imo)

At 7 a.m. Wednesday, police officers, college students from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, and friends and family gathered along a sidewalk in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road near the apartment complex to search for clues. CCPD police cadets looked for clothing items including shoes, a tie, and belt in the adjacent field, while police drones scoured the area.

Also, from the report... “He had his phone with him—his keys, vehicle and wallet were all left in the apartment,” said CCPD Officer Antonio Contreras, adding that there was no indication of foul play at the site.
Yeah, when I read that he was wearing a button down shirt and slacks at 2:45am, I assumed he'd just gotten home from some sort of event or a night out. No mention of that in MSM yet, though.

I wonder why LE would think Caleb would remove his tie and belt in a field?

This video was posted today at 5:05pm central time. This is the first I've heard that the family has a PI. He isn't named in the video, but the reporter shares the PI's theory that Caleb was "taken or abducted' (which I personally take with a grain of salt).

This video was posted today at 5:05pm central time. This is the first I've heard that the family has a PI. He isn't named in the video, but the reporter shares the PI's theory that Caleb was "taken or abducted' (which I personally take with a grain of salt).
Yes, the abduction theory doesn’t seem likely to me either, just based on what we know of the circumstances in which Caleb went missing.
Interesting about searchers looking for shoes and a tie, wonder where that info came from that has them focusing on that.
And TEXSAR also brought out 2 dogs that are trained to search for human remains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member