GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, but in addition MT allowed her then 12 year old daughter to communicate electronically with the Dulos children during the time when FD had no contact with his children under Court Order and when there was a clerical error in the prior standing order barring MT and her daughter from any contact with the Dulos children that excluded MT daughter IN ERROR. This situation was discovered by JF and reported to the Court and the error in the Order was corrected to properly exclude BOTH MT and her daughter from Contact with the Dulos children.

Also, MT was involved with the entire episode of having the Dulos children lie about her presence and that of her daughter at 4JX when they visited. This was discovered by JF and reported the Court and was why FD lost visitation with his children. Judge Hellers answer to this psychologically damaging scenario created by FD AND MT was to send FD to therapy for a period of time. MT was not party to the divorce so Judge Heller couldn't do anything about her seeking therapy for thinking it was a good idea to have children lie to their mother and also using HER OWN DAUGHTER to communicate with the Dulos children simply to exploit a simple clerical error in the Order so that she effectively continued to manipulate the Dulos children AND torment JF along with 'helping' FD do the same.

From the JF perspective I can only imagine how she felt about having her children in contact with MT and her daughter. It was stunning in the MT trial testimony of GAL Atty Michael Meehan to hear that MT didn't understand why she couldn't have access to the Dulos children and that she thought that 'having a coffee' with JF might be a solution to resolving any 'issues'! Stunning stuff that I had to go back and watch the explanation again to make sure I heard it properly the first time. MT thought 'having coffee' with JF would resolve the issue of her having been involved with having the Dulos children lie about her presence to JF AND JF finding out that MT and FD used MT daughter to communicate with the Dulos children on behalf of FD during a time when he was banned from contact? On what planet? But, to me this told me everything anyone needs to know about both FD AND MT.

They were/are simply people that will do whatever they want and when they want to get whatever it is they desire and with no care to the psychological well being of the Dulos children imo. Its upsetting to even write this knowing that people will play emotionally damaging games with young children and even their own daughter to facilitate their own goals. I have no other words for this other than EVIL AND SICK.

I long ago was convinced of the MT role right along side FD in tormenting JF going back to when she first arrived in Farmington. There was a cruelty and revenge aspect to the entire FD/MT relationship imo that was designed to torment and torture JF and without any evidence other than the fact that the FD/MT behaviour continued for a long period of time, I believe they both derived a sick pleasure from the psychological torment they inflicted on JF via weaponising the children against her. Speculation on my part for sure, but I believe evidence in the behaviour of BOTH FD and MT supports this view.

IMO there was a psychological angle to everything done by FD and MT both in their relationship as well as their weaponising the children against JF. Sadly this can't be a criminal charge but I do believe it was very much part of their overall plan to inflict as much psychological damage to JF as possible. And, what they no doubt imo did was on top of no doubt years of psychological torment inflicted on JF by FD.

MOO
Were they not gallivanting around local restaurants and the Farmington Country Club at the time? Seems some locals were appalled?
Could be misremembering.
MOO.

So I was just coming in through the garage, DH out of town, and as this case has a tendency to run on a loop in the deep recess of my mind, I was waiting for the garage door to close. Safety first and all. Kind of laughing at myself as there are so many oak leaves on my driveway the sound of someone trying to sneak up and do me wrong would be obviously loud. Then I remembered something I saw on TikTok.
Maybe it's been discussed here earlier and I missed it. Did you know that you can open a closed garage door from the outside with a coat hanger? All you have to do is go in from the top of the garage door, slide your hanger past any seal and hook it on the emergency latch and viola you can open the door manually. Maybe FD had practiced this method.
linking method here (OMG it says you can do this in 6 seconds!)

Lots of time to think or perhaps most likely in the case of MT to not think.

I do wonder what MT might be thinking about as she stares at the walls of her cell?

My guess is that her anger and resentment will just continue to fester as she continues to spew the 'wrong man, wrong time, wrong everything' argument that Papi Troconis shared with the family's PR Agent Shannon Miller of NBC CT.

I also guess that she will never connect herself to anything that happened to JF and that she will simply be the eternal victim of circumstances.

Don't think I will ever understand MT not making a plea to lesser charges or accepting a deal in return for the truth. The thing that watching those 8 hrs of interviews convinced me is that I'm not sure MT has any capacity for truth telling and for this reason, along with her clear involvement as a conspirator with JF, I am quite glad she is incarcerated as she is imo a deeply damaged and dangerous person.

MOO
Well, she does have an arrhythmia.
And she's afraid of men, even her own father.
So there's that.
MOO.

Ahhhh, still love seeing the guilty banner on this thread. The motion for acquittal is a bunch of sour grapes wrapped up in fluff. Can't see it getting the motion accepted.

In my view the closing is emotional--- connecting the dots and the humanizing of the victim.

Can't wait to hear the response.....

The request to
Actually, perhaps we should do a rehash of all the COINCIDENCES that Atty McGuiness put out as breadcrumbs for the jury!

Seeing all those COINCIDENCES lined up a row to me was powerful in its simplicity. I loved his presentation for his passion as well as its logical clarity. But, what I think he did brilliantly vs the defence presentation was connect and have a conversation with the jury. I wonder if this feeling was noticed in the courtroom but I felt it even watching the feed so I bet the jurors felt it. The jurors also no doubt felt zero connection with the defendant who spent the duration of the trial not looking at the jurors and hiding behind a curtain of hair extensions imo. Wrap in the MT 'hair curtain' beige-ness presentation with the HORN never ending HORNING and frankly I would be the jurors had had quite enough by the time HORN was HORNING at them in his closing statement.

I have mixed feelings about juror conversations with the Press. But, I do hope that they defer conversation with the media until the appeal has been filed. Probably won't happen but I can only hope!

With the MT trial, the State was trying a 'no body' case with a great deal of circumstantial evidence and I think the community of defence attorney's in CT didn't give proper credit to the deliberation and focus of the State's presentation. It was also surprising how many of the defence attorneys locally suspected PG of being guilty simply by virtue of his immunity agreement. I also think that the States strong performance put more THAN A FEW local defence attorney HACK on notice that they will have to step up their game and work ethic to keep their clients out of prison.

Contrast the Atty McGuiness clear and concise closing to the presentation of Atty SchoenHORN where even listening to it twice didn't make it that much easier to understand and I do wonder if its simply sour grapes from Atty SchoenHORN to reference the particularly effective closing tactics used by the State. Personally I do wish that he had practiced more as his gross timing errors imo simply sunk him. But, it was the lack of clarify of his presentation to the jurors in closing that I do think sunk him and his client (AND the mountain of evidence the State effectively stacked up against her)!

MOO

So I was just coming in through the garage, DH out of town, and as this case has a tendency to run on a loop in the deep recess of my mind, I was waiting for the garage door to close. Safety first and all. Kind of laughing at myself as there are so many oak leaves on my driveway the sound of someone trying to sneak up and do me wrong would be obviously loud. Then I remembered something I saw on TikTok.
Maybe it's been discussed here earlier and I missed it. Did you know that you can open a closed garage door from the outside with a coat hanger? All you have to do is go in from the top of the garage door, slide your hanger past any seal and hook it on the emergency latch and viola you can open the door manually. Maybe FD had practiced this method.
linking method here (OMG it says you can do this in 6 seconds!)
Yep, need cameras and security system in the garage with deadbolts on all doors as garage doors themselves are no deterrent to determined criminals.

Just thinking about this has me going back to all the conversations here on WS about the security situation at 69 Welles. JF had so much on her plate just to keep things going with her children that even though she lived in fear and most likely with great anxiety that basic security provisions sadly weren't in place.

I think so many people don't arm their alarms when doing a school run. You figure you will be back in 10-15 minutes and you live in a 'safe town'. Many people don't even close their garage doors when doing a school run and many leave keys in cars parked in their driveway as the town is considered to be safe. This all happens no matter how many emails and texts NCPD send out to explain how many cars are stolen or houses are broken into each week in NC.

MOO

Fairfield County is a small place, Connecticut is a small state and imo these players all know each other because they work together frequently. IDK the personal connections between all the players as I never took the time to map them out but my guess is the relationships exist as the area is simply that small. Atty Bowman imo would have been well known to former States Atty Colangelo by virtue of many of his past cases as well as possibly his work as a former Federal Prosecutor.

But, having watched interrogations before, imo to see Atty Bowman in that interrogation room (especially the third interview) with MT and LE and LE deferring some of the questioning to Atty Bowman told me that they respected him as well. There was none of the usual tension seen with defence counsel and attorney's imo. IDK if trust is the correct word to use exactly to describe what I saw, but perhaps respect and awareness and possibly even some deference too, IDK.

I went back and watched all the interviews twice but it was watching the third interview for a third time that it becomes clear to me at least that Atty Bowman asked some of the most clear and effective questions of MT that happened that day. LE never cut off Atty Bowman and in fact they sat back and wrote down notes with many of his very clear questions to MT. Atty Bowman saw each time that MT sought to misdirect and evade and more than a few times he circled her back to the question asked.

My strong guess is that he was doing what he could to facilitate the questioning by LE as imo they still never got a good groove going with MT to figure out how to communicate with her. But, I also believe Atty Bowman was himself grappling with the issue of MT not telling the truth and I think it was seeing him in the interview gradually move far away from her that it became somewhat clearer that his discomfort with his client increased over time in that third and last interview. Clearly this is speculation totally on my part but I think that third interview was not only Atty Bowmans final attempt to assist MT but it was also him grappling with what exactly he was dealing with in MT as I believe both he and LE underestimated her ability to lie, misdirect and deceive greatly imo. I also wonder if he had a sinking feeling after interview 3 that there would be no deal possible for MT? It had to have been tough imo to go through all those interviews with MT thinking that a deal was possible and then knowing it could never happen. I do wonder if after interview 3 that Atty Bowman himself resigned as he knew there was nothing that he could do to further assist MT?

MT and the Troconis crew have been quite public about their thoughts about Atty Bowman and I think the word they use most frequently is 'betrayal' to describe it all.

Gotta love MT and the Troconis Crew for feeling betrayed by someone who by all appearances imo was seeking to advocate strongly for their client to the extent of possibly putting their personal relationships and reputation on the line to do so too. I doubt Atty Bowman will ever speak on the matter but I have a strong suspicion of what he might say if he ever did. But, my long shot guess is that Atty Bowman was quite happy to see the backs of Mama Troconis and MT as they left his offices for the final time!

MOO
Operative word between Colangelo/LE/ Bowman is respect, IMO.
It is a small state for sure.
IMO, this is why JS looked to have the trial in Hartford.
His home turf. Knows the lawyers, knows the judges, much more comfortable for him.
The problem was it made no sense as the murder was committed in NC.
Denied.

Yep, need cameras and security system in the garage with deadbolts on all doors as garage doors themselves are no deterrent to determined criminals.

Just thinking about this has me going back to all the conversations here on WS about the security situation at 69 Welles. JF had so much on her plate just to keep things going with her children that even though she lived in fear and most likely with great anxiety that basic security provisions sadly weren't in place.

I think so many people don't arm their alarms when doing a school run. You figure you will be back in 10-15 minutes and you live in a 'safe town'. Many people don't even close their garage doors when doing a school run and many leave keys in cars parked in their driveway as the town is considered to be safe. This all happens no matter how many emails and texts NCPD send out to explain how many cars are stolen or houses are broken into each week in NC.

MOO
100% I am guilty of some of that. Safe neighborhood and all - until it isn't. I'm always more aware when DH is traveling which in part made me remember that method. I was fully in the house and went to check back in the garage and sure enough that emergency cord is directly at the garage front door. Could have been a plausible entry point for FD MOO.

Can you even imagine what it would feel like after you have been processed and shown to your cell? What do you do? Sit I guess. It's not like checking into a hotel or Air BnB where you have belongings to stow, phone to check or bathroom to use in private.
That initial shock of cultural and societal isolation has got to come with a huge slap in the face. The nothingness of it.
I like imagining that for her. IMO
I LOVE it. Thanks for describing it that way, as she deserves to feel alone, afraid and have no hope. This is just an early taste of her future. Praise the Lord. “You will reap what you sow”.

This is me waiting for my next legal assignment from @afitzy

Meanwhile
- does anyone have the motion referenced below? I have been in a series of rabbit holes, or maybe more of a hamster habitat, looking for said document- which I found deep in a sub-Reddit or maybe on the dark web (kidding) earlier today and promptly lost it. Anyway - I give up. I can’t find it.

Attachments

• C7D5209B-A061-4EA0-A3D2-72DCE57B7C4D.jpeg
    C7D5209B-A061-4EA0-A3D2-72DCE57B7C4D.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 27
Can you even imagine what it would feel like after you have been processed and shown to your cell? What do you do? Sit I guess. It's not like checking into a hotel or Air BnB where you have belongings to stow, phone to check or bathroom to use in private.
That initial shock of cultural and societal isolation has got to come with a huge slap in the face. The nothingness of it.
I like imagining that for her. IMO

Wait until she gets moved into gen pop and finds out her cellmate is from the opposite side of the tracks she is from and doesn't like her.

MOO

Meanwhile
- does anyone have the motion referenced below? I have been in a series of rabbit holes, or maybe more of a hamster habitat, looking for said document- which I found deep in a sub-Reddit or maybe on the dark web (kidding) earlier today and promptly lost it. Anyway - I give up. I can’t find it.

Do you have FB? If so, here it is. It was also posted upthread somewhere

The fact that MT was attempting to communicate with the "press" seated behind her is not surprising. Her entire family seems to have the false impression that the press and social media is the real world rather than the U.S. Judicial system. Remember she was once an actress in Venezuela and boy did she put on an act surrounding this murder! A poor linguistically challenged girl who was just innocently conned by her evil boyfriend. She knows nothing, everything that happened was either a mistake or a lapse of memory, she just happened to share a few things on her computer with the friendly press seated in her section of the courtroom...WHY can't people just realize all of this and let her go back to taking selfies and eating croissants?

YES, but in addition MT allowed her then 12 year old daughter to communicate electronically with the Dulos children during the time when FD had no contact with his children under Court Order and when there was a clerical error in the prior standing order barring MT and her daughter from any contact with the Dulos children that excluded MT daughter IN ERROR. This situation was discovered by JF and reported to the Court and the error in the Order was corrected to properly exclude BOTH MT and her daughter from Contact with the Dulos children.

Also, MT was involved with the entire episode of having the Dulos children lie about her presence and that of her daughter at 4JX when they visited. This was discovered by JF and reported the Court and was why FD lost visitation with his children. Judge Hellers answer to this psychologically damaging scenario created by FD AND MT was to send FD to therapy for a period of time. MT was not party to the divorce so Judge Heller couldn't do anything about her seeking therapy for thinking it was a good idea to have children lie to their mother and also using HER OWN DAUGHTER to communicate with the Dulos children simply to exploit a simple clerical error in the Order so that she effectively continued to manipulate the Dulos children AND torment JF along with 'helping' FD do the same.

From the JF perspective I can only imagine how she felt about having her children in contact with MT and her daughter. It was stunning in the MT trial testimony of GAL Atty Michael Meehan to hear that MT didn't understand why she couldn't have access to the Dulos children and that she thought that 'having a coffee' with JF might be a solution to resolving any 'issues'! Stunning stuff that I had to go back and watch the explanation again to make sure I heard it properly the first time. MT thought 'having coffee' with JF would resolve the issue of her having been involved with having the Dulos children lie about her presence to JF AND JF finding out that MT and FD used MT daughter to communicate with the Dulos children on behalf of FD during a time when he was banned from contact? On what planet? But, to me this told me everything anyone needs to know about both FD AND MT.

They were/are simply people that will do whatever they want and when they want to get whatever it is they desire and with no care to the psychological well being of the Dulos children imo. Its upsetting to even write this knowing that people will play emotionally damaging games with young children and even their own daughter to facilitate their own goals. I have no other words for this other than EVIL AND SICK.

I long ago was convinced of the MT role right along side FD in tormenting JF going back to when she first arrived in Farmington. There was a cruelty and revenge aspect to the entire FD/MT relationship imo that was designed to torment and torture JF and without any evidence other than the fact that the FD/MT behaviour continued for a long period of time, I believe they both derived a sick pleasure from the psychological torment they inflicted on JF via weaponising the children against her. Speculation on my part for sure, but I believe evidence in the behaviour of BOTH FD and MT supports this view.

IMO there was a psychological angle to everything done by FD and MT both in their relationship as well as their weaponising the children against JF. Sadly this can't be a criminal charge but I do believe it was very much part of their overall plan to inflict as much psychological damage to JF as possible. And, what they no doubt imo did was on top of no doubt years of psychological torment inflicted on JF by FD.

MOO
And it all boiled down to them wanting her out of the picture, but not willing to give up her wealth. At the least, they could give her a breakdown, FD get custody, and JF pay all the bills through child support. Their plan was not working so they had to move to Plan B.
And there is something so fishy about that psychological report… the doctor interviewed FD? How many of FD statements did he use to put check marks to the diagnostic criteria?? It is all so transparent.

Meanwhile

Perhaps a hint from the 5/25/21 remote hearing when Judge Blawie granted the Motion with warning to JLS...

STAMFORD — A judge ruled Tuesday that Michelle Troconis’ attorney can obtain a copy of a family psychological report produced during the contentious Dulos divorce, but warned him about leaking any of its contents to the media or public.

[..]

During a remote hearing, Stamford Superior Court Judge John F. Blawie said since state police obtained a complete copy of the report by search warrant, he saw no reason to prohibit Troconis’ attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, from obtaining the document.

The release came with a caution from Blawie. “There’s still a lot of sensitive information that the court will not tolerate seen in a press release or attached to a motion for public inspection,” he said.

The report was the subject of a divorce hearing in May 2019, days before Jennifer Dulos went missing, but it ended when its author, Dr. Stephen Herman, refused to continue testimony.

The report has remained under seal since the hearing and Troconis has previously been denied access to the report.

ETA: Add Reporter Marissa Atler's recap of hearing:

Marissa Alter

May 25, 2021 ·
TROCONIS HEARING WRAP: At today's remote hearing (picture below is from court last year), Judge Blawie granted the defense's request to get a copy of the sealed psychological custody evaluation from the contentious Dulos divorce case. You may remember it was the subject of family court hearings before Jennifer Dulos disappeared. Blawie today said he doesn't think there's anything relevant to Michelle Troconis' criminal case, "but nonetheless it's in the custody of the authorities, and I can't think of a valid reason that you should not be given access to it too." However, Blawie's decision came with a caveat--that Attorney Jon Schoenhorn is not to release it publicly because of the five Dulos kids. Blawie said, "Those young and impressionable children are still very much on the court's mind in terms of what might be in their best interests." The only other ruling today came when Blawie denied Schoenhorn's latest motion to remove Troconis' GPS ankle monitor--which Blawie has denied twice before. Another motion that was argued--with no decision yet--pertains to Schoenhorn attaching evidence to motions including video clips from his client's interviews with police. The state wants an end to that and is asking that Schoenhorn be required to file discovery under seal or get the court's okay to attach specific discovery to motions. Stamford State's Attorney Paul Ferencek said, "if the court allows counsel--either the state or the defendant--to put evidence in motions that leak out to the media, I think we're going to have a real problem finding a jury." Schoenhorn called concerns about pre-trial publicity "ironic" given that New Canaan's police chief appeared on a network newscast last week where he said he believed the people responsible for Jennifer Dulos' disappearance were arrested. Schoenhorn added, "Aside from the fact it's probably unconstitutional to require that it be filed under seal, I'm suggesting that it would be a tremendous amount of unnecessary litigation." One more note on today's hearing, which wasn't contentious like some previous ones, Blawie said he could not give attorneys a trial date yet as they requested given jury trials don't start up again until next month and there are lots of cases ahead of this one. We are likely looking at 2022.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member