TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why no press release or talk from police? Locals should be pressing for answers on all these missing cases.

Did LE search apartment for evidence of a crime?

Did LE search the entire complex? Vacant apartments as well?

Is the WHOLE truth about Caleb coming out? Anything parents did or didn’t know that would give a clue?
I’m local, born and raised in Corpus. I too find the lack of talk and info from LE very bizarre. I’m involved with our local Crime Stoppers and spoke with a few officers who confirmed early on that they had absolutely nothing to go on, no leads at all- that Caleb literally vanished into thin air. But by now I would expect tight clarification on the timeline and periodic press conferences, at the least. TAMUCC is a huge, revered part of our community and we all know how universities try to protect their reputations.

There’s something missing.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts- and eye opening replies worth reading. Beg the question has wrong info been let out or info that didn’t want out let out?

Wondering why story keeps changing even after two weeks? PI is now telling something new.
Where was Caleb waiting for Uber delivery? By the door? By the street? By the complex's gate?
It seems that all roommates were up at that time, just coming inside after playing with the dog.
Nobody saw anything going on outside almost within a minute?
Something is off.

Anyone recall the case of Jason Landry missing after a car crash on his way home from college in Tx. Disappeared without a clue. This case reminds me of that one. It was discussed on Websleuths as well.
Yup, at least in that one he showed signs of being under the influence, so we had some idea about what may have happened. Here we don't have any signs of that.

Last edited:
I looked up "The Cottages" on Google and unless there are multiple apartments with the same name in Corpus Christi, this one is gated and the front/leasing office sits right behind the gate (versus outside as in many complexes). Does the leasing office have a camera on it facing the entrance? I didn't see one situated above the gate.

Not that I think they're related but this reminds me of the 2017 Chase Lackey disappearance in Houston. Everything left inside the apartment (including the phone). It took LE a year to publicly say they believe he met foul play. Hope that isn't the case here... but it's been two weeks.

TX - Chase Lackey, 25, Houston, 2 July 2017

I looked up "The Cottages" on Google and unless there are multiple apartments with the same name in Corpus Christi, this one is gated and the front/leasing office sits right behind the gate (versus outside as in many complexes). Does the leasing office have a camera on it facing the entrance? I didn't see one situated above the gate.

Not that I think they're related but this reminds me of the 2017 Chase Lackey disappearance in Houston. Everything left inside the apartment (including the phone). It took LE a year to publicly say they believe he met foul play. Hope that isn't the case here... but it's been two weeks.

TX - Chase Lackey, 25, Houston, 2 July 2017

Yes but I have observed that the gates weren't working and security was very loose there

I keep thinking that the bad thing happened in a nearby apartment in the complex.

Hypothetical scenario (MOO).

CH needs something to help him stay up to study for an exam, finish a paper, read those 5 chapters, whatever he needs to prepare for on Monday.

Let's say CH has a "friend" in a nearby apartment in the complex who has access to Adderall. CH sees his/her lights are still on and it's so close he goes over (barefoot) to pick up a pill. He decides to take one there, assuming that it's Adderall, not realizing it's a street drug laced with fentanyl. He stays to visit for a few minutes and he dies of fentanyl poisoning right there.

The "friend" panics, doesn't call an ambulance, maybe has accomplices to help him do the rest...

Last edited:
I keep thinking that the bad thing happened in a nearby apartment in the complex.

Hypothetical scenario (MOO).

CH needs something to help him stay up to study for an exam, finish a paper, read those 5 chapters, whatever he needs to prepare for on Monday.

Let's say CH has a "friend" in a nearby apartment in the complex who has access to Adderall. CH sees his/her lights are still on and it's so close he goes over (barefoot) to pick up a pill. He decides to take one there, assuming that it's Adderall, not realizing it's a street drug laced with fentanyl. He stays to visit for a few minutes and he dies of fentanyl poisoning right there.

The "friend" panics, doesn't call an ambulance, maybe has accomplices to help him do the rest...
I think something happened within the complex. We know Ubereats came but did they actually make contact with him or just drop off the food?

TX - Chase Lackey, 25, Houston, 2 Ju

I think something happened within the complex. We know Ubereats came but did they actually make contact with him or just drop off the food?
It’s been confirmed more than once they left the food at the door.

By whom? The delivery driver or Caleb? I haven't seen that clarified but perhaps I've missed it. MOO
I’m not sure where it was left, but this article says the driver (she) left the order.

Caleb had even ordered Uber Eats and went outside to wait. When the driver arrived, he left the food and Caleb was gone.
"They did investigate the driver of that Uber Eats and so far, what they've determined is that she was not involved," said Randy.

I’m not sure where it was left, but this article says the driver (she) left the order.

Caleb had even ordered Uber Eats and went outside to wait. When the driver arrived, he left the food and Caleb was gone.
Yes, I've seen that but thank you just the same. I want more, lol. :p MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members