Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey is calling for the suspect to be charged and tried as an adult, rather than as a juvenile.
This evil and complete disregard for human life has no place in Missouri, or anywhere. I am praying for the victim. The criminal should be charged and tried as an adult. If the victim dies, that offense should rise to a homicide," he wrote in a post on X, which is the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.
https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-w...rain-bleeding-critical-condition-hospitalized

I saw this fight video a few days ago. I heard someone yell, "Kaylee get her!" as her attacker ran towards her. Looks like Kaylee may have been trying to walk away. Someone did try to intervene and got into a fight with someone else. Several fights were going on. It also appeared the attacker tried to assault other people. I'm sure there are more recordings of the incident.
Kids and most hot headed adults, no longer fight 1 to 1. And there's no consideration of one person is much bigger than the other. This girl looks to be 2.5 times bigger than Kaylee.
It is sad that so many young people look forward to these fights, record them, and fail to try to talk their peers out of it. It is enough tragic cases that they should know the potential outcome.
They no longer fight to defend themselves or give someone a black eye or busted lip. They try to eliminate them from the earth. And I highly doubt that anything happened warrants the type of response they put out.
They have no restraint, no problem solving/coping skills, no empathy, and no morals.

I saw this fight video a few days ago. I heard someone yell, "Kaylee get her!" as her attacker ran towards her. Looks like Kaylee may have been trying to walk away. Someone did try to intervene and got into a fight with someone else. Several fights were going on. It also appeared the attacker tried to assault other people. I'm sure there are more recordings of the incident.
Kids and most hot headed adults, no longer fight 1 to 1. And there's no consideration of one person is much bigger than the other. This girl looks to be 2.5 times bigger than Kaylee.
It is sad that so many young people look forward to these fights, record them, and fail to try to talk their peers out of it. It is enough tragic cases that they should know the potential outcome.
They no longer fight to defend themselves or give someone a black eye or busted lip. They try to eliminate them from the earth. And I highly doubt that anything happened warrants the type of response they put out.
They have no restraint, no problem solving/coping skills, no empathy, and no morals.
This part of the St. Louis metroplex is extremely rough, and for a lot of these kids, this is the only kind of life they've ever known.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder charges.
557.035. Hate offenses — provides enhanced penalties for motivational factors in certain offenses. — 1. For all violations of subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of section 569.100 or subdivision (1), (2), (3), (4), (6), (7) or (8) of subsection 1 of section 571.030, which the state believes to be knowingly motivated because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability of the victim or victims, the state may charge the offense or offenses under this section, and the violation is a class D felony.
do we have any evidence of this crime being committed because of the victims race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability? Thats the criteria to charge someone with a hate crime. If the victim wasnt targeted for any of those reason, it isnt a hate crime.

It's always important to understand both sides of any story. Right now we only know that KG was brutally beaten, possibly to the point of her death.

IMO, there is never ever any excuse that leads to a very violent fight that culminates in a potential death.

Nope, I'll never understand that.

JMO

Rather than expend energy and resources trying to charge the attacker with a hate crime, which seems highly unlikely to be successful, given the requirements that must be met in order to proceed, I would much rather see the state push to charge her as an adult, and prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law, which, if the attack victim survives, would be a charge of first degree assault, if I read the state laws correctly, which would carry a penalty of 5-15 years in prison. Obviously, if the victim dies, the charge could be elevated to, likely, a 2nd degree murder charge. Missouri does not have a specific 'attempted murder' charge. JMO

Under R.S.Mo. 565.050, “a person commits the offense of assault in the first degree if he or she attempts to kill or knowingly causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to another person.”

First-degree assault is a Class B felony. The penalties for a Class B felony conviction can include 5 to 15 years in prison.

565.021. Second degree murder, penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of murder in the second degree if he or she:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person;

Last edited:
With all my hope that the victim (miraculously) recovers: MOO, of interest to me is what went on in the lives of these aggressor girls, both the attacker and the others on video, that led to mob mentality of beating and fighting and honestly, again, reiterating, MOO: looking neglected and unwashed in ill-fitting clothes. I watched the video and my mind went directly to Lord of the Flies.
Well dressed people fight too! I'm sure you watch those Housewifes of Where ever shows!

I don't know what the fight was about, but smashing someone's head into the concrete curb --- the attacker had to know how dangerous that was !!
Omo.
RSBBMFF
I was an older teenager in the 90s in South England, UK. I saw fights like these, unfortunately. I not only witnessed it, I also experienced it. At 15, I was at a 16th birthday party in a community centre; I was cornered by two girls in the bathroom; one of them grabbed my hair tight and smashed my head into the tiled wall twice. They said I looked at their friend the wrong way.
When I was 25, I was out with a group of friends, and a random girl came up to me, accused me of being with her boyfriend and smashed a bottle in my forehead. After spending a busy night at emergency, I called LE, and they took a statement, asked me to take my own photos of my stitched forehead on a real camera (camera phones were not around then), and bring it into the station 'when developed.' I had the other girl's name and address (Once a websleuther, always a websleuther) and led them to her.
They never went to her and never followed up.
The point is that I know my experience is from another country and time, but people who do these things to other people have always existed. The difference today is that everything is recorded.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
But do you have evidence that she attacked her because she was white? In order to be classified as a hate crime, there has to be proof that it was racially motivated. The difference in race doesnt automatically make it a hate crime

Last edited by a moderator:
But do you have evidence that she attacked her because she was white? In order to be classified as a hate crime, there has to be proof that it was racially motivated. The difference in race doesnt automatically make it a hate crime
The attacker’s vicious actions showed a complete disregard for the life of another human being. Only hatred conjures up such brutal and careless actions. You’re just going to have to wait for all the details to come out to know the reasons for her actions.

The attacker’s vicious actions showed a complete disregard for the life of another human being. Only hatred conjures up such brutal and careless actions. You’re just going to have to wait for all the details to come out to know the reasons for her actions.
Hatred in teens can stem from many things other than race. Especially considering there were multiple fights going on at the same time.

JMO

Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder charges.

hate crime? where is the evidence of that?

Rather than expend energy and resources trying to charge the attacker with a hate crime, which seems highly unlikely to be successful, given the requirements that must be met in order to proceed, I would much rather see the state push to charge her as an adult, and prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law, which, if the attack victim survives, would be a charge of first degree assault, if I read the state laws correctly, which would carry a penalty of 5-15 years in prison. Obviously, if the victim dies, the charge could be elevated to, likely, a 2nd degree murder charge. Missouri does not have a specific 'attempted murder' charge. JMO

Under R.S.Mo. 565.050, “a person commits the offense of assault in the first degree if he or she attempts to kill or knowingly causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to another person.”

First-degree assault is a Class B felony. The penalties for a Class B felony conviction can include 5 to 15 years in prison.

565.021. Second degree murder, penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of murder in the second degree if he or she:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person;

wow thanks for this
weird to me that they don't have an 'attempted murder' charge or that they call it 'first degree assault' instead

BBM. There is no evidence this beating was a hate crime. The media protects the identities if the perps are juveniles. The Chief's parade shooters were juveniles, and they are not facing any hate crime charges.

JMO

The two suspects, who are not being named due to their ages, are being held on gun-related charges and resisting arrest, according to the 16th Judicial Circuit Court of Missouri's Jackson County Family Court Division. Additional charges are expected as the investigation continues, officials said.

"We regularly work with juvenile court officers on cases and we have worked with them on this case as well," Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said in a statement. "Though we do not oversee or supervise the juvenile officers, we work closely with them. We expect to be at future hearings regarding theses individuals who were charged today in Family Court."

Last edited:
Wonder why MSM is avoiding coverage?

Also, it's not a fight if she wasn't a willing participant. In that case, it's straight up assault. It sounds like attempted murder. moo
I read a newspaper article where someone told her to fight back next time. It sounds like she was being bullied previous to that day. I can't watch the video. I agree that the person who beat her head against the concrete should be tried as an adult. A person who is this vicious is a danger to the public.

do we have any evidence of this crime being committed because of the victims race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability? Thats the criteria to charge someone with a hate crime. If the victim wasnt targeted for any of those reason, it isnt a hate crime.

My issue with this, is that we know rape is usually a targeted crime against women. Yet, men are never charged with a hate crime enhancement for rape.

So, how would a hate crime enhancement happen here? Just because it is the perpetrator and victim are different race?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provenelectrical
Back