Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the ME has in fact given them information, but the final report won’t be complete until the tox screen is done.

I don’t take that to mean that they don’t necessarily know how she died.
Agreed.

And it probably came right to/thru a LEO present at autopsy.

It may be in the Prosecution's best interest to leave the autopsy alone until it's complete. Stuff they don't need the general public knowing ATM.

This makes me think they are waiting on toxicology to come back. I wonder if they suspect but can't yet prove some sort of drug overdose? Notice how they didn't confirm mum lawyered up? Only said she had cooperated and given an interview. Well, yes, there was one that we know of before they said her statements were inconsistent with what they knew.... I wonder if she has met with them since??

This makes me think they are waiting on toxicology to come back. I wonder if they suspect but can't yet prove some sort of drug overdose? Notice how they didn't confirm mum lawyered up? Only said she had cooperated and given an interview. Well, yes, there was one that we know of before they said her statements were inconsistent with what they knew.... I wonder if she has met with them since??
Yes, they side stepped that.

Personally I think MoD could be obvious but they’re still waiting for toxicology to see if there was a drug element as well.

Actually what she said is that mom had given one interview.

In an investigation like this, I wouldn't expect one interview to suffice.

JMO
I didn't watch the presser, I was basing my response of @photographer4's summary:

- Is mom and family members cooperative? Have they lawyered up? Is dad part of the investigation? We have interviewed all close fam members. Mom cooperated and did give us an interview. No one other that SS is not cooperative.

If that isn't what was said, then hopefully someone will clarify.

A Press Release would've been enough.

MOO is that all this Press Conference did was insult the Public. Not even any murder charges filed yet. SS has an attorney now. Everybody close to Madeline is still suspect while the investigation continues. Nothing new was shared with the Public and it's best not to read anything into why they even had a PC.

Actually what she said is that mom had given one interview.

In an investigation like this, I wouldn't expect one interview to suffice.

JMO
I also feel like that question tripped her up a little, like there’s more to that answer than she could give. And, cooperating doesn’t mean innocent. The fact that they still refuse to say she isn’t a suspect is suspect, IMO. Especially considering the party line before was “not at this time,” which has now become, “everyone is suspect until proven otherwise.”

If this were just SS acting on his own I feel like there would be less mystery surrounding the investigation.

Frustrating that these reporters know there is only a short set of time PD will allow for questions and yet they waste them on stupid sh**t.
Mother gave only one interview. Is this due to attaining a lawyer?

Did PD mention the word homicide or just investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2