Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this one of the GH interviews? Sounds like Frank? I skipped around in those a bit so missed this bit about Lunesta, but remember Frank was the most recent/current friend, played games and smoked pot with SS, and he has two very young kids.

Gross how SS would tell him it "knocks someone out". Warning signs people missed or ignored....

Again, I think a lot/all of these people seem weird. Hopefully these friends of SS with little kids, their kids were never harmed. I'd be looking pretty closely at the people around me after this kind of thing, because I think SS was CLEARLY not someone I would have wanted around my kids. JMO.
Yes, it was the GH interview with the guy who played games and smoked pot with him, the most recent friend he had that called in. I just forgot his name. And yes, he has 2 boys and said that they were never harmed but it still freaked him out. He said there was never a time when SS was alone with them. Somewhere in the interview he talks about the Lunesta. When I heard him say that, I instantly wondered about whether or not SS had been giving it to JS or Maddie. I thought that when Jenn gave one of the initial interviews, her pupils seemed dilated and her behavior seemed under an influence and that was before I heard the reference to Lunesta. Just my observation though, since no toxicology report is out yet on Maddie.

That comment he left on Reddit makes me think that JS did know / suspect and probably had confronted him. Just sayin. MOO.
I think he may have reacted to JS in a similar way if she suspected anything, and he made her feel really guilty for even thinking such an awful thing. It's what narcissists do....they have an exhausting way of making others take on the blame for their behavior. I'm not sure JS knew for fact, but maybe she suspected something and confronted him and he said 'how dare you think that about me, I've done nothing but love her like my own daughter', and JS would have felt deep shame for thinking anything nefarious. Not everyone knows how to handle narcissists....they are intense and make their victims feel like they are the problem.

I have absolutely no problem in LE taking their time before charging anyone. I think that telling media outlets there was going to be a press conference naturally led people to think there would be updates and some new information.

If they had nothing new to say ,then a written statement would have been far more suitable.
IA. What a let down. This was one of those “this could have been an email” moments.

Actually what she said is that mom had given one interview.

In an investigation like this, I wouldn't expect one interview to suffice.

JMO
But they also said she was cooperating...
So maybe one interview was enough for them. I am sure they have spoken to her a lot, but not in official interviews.
They did make a point of saying everyone was cooperating EXCEPT SS.

But they also said she was cooperating...
So maybe one interview was enough for them. I am sure they have spoken to her a lot, but not in official interviews.
They did make a point of saying everyone was cooperating EXCEPT SS.
Bolded for focus.

I have been a true crime obsessive far too long to believe this is plausible.

Bolded for focus.

I have been a true crime obsessive far too long to believe this is plausible.
Same. They'd want to speak to her again to clarify her lies inconsistencies in her previous interviews, and to address additional evidence uncovered over the course of these dual investigations (sex abuse and murder). If there was one investigation going on I wouldn't buy her being only interviewed once, but with both of them together, I don't even see a remote possibility that they only tried to interview her once.

I transcribed the parts I thought were notable. The times are relative to 2pm because I was watching a live stream, so timestamps are irrelevant.

All quotes are from Kissimmee PD Chief Betty Holland unless stated as a Q from a reporter:
:00
  • Recap of what has happened and is known so far
  • Received tip about SS’s car 3/1 in a rural area from St. Cloud which lead to discovery of MS’s body
:02
  • Working closely with the State Attorney’s office and the medical examiner’s office
:03
  • “We gather additional information from individuals close to the deceased. Each person interviewed is treated as involved until proven otherwise. This is a standard protocol to ensure all the facts are uncovered. During our investigation we have interviewed many individuals. Each interview has been vital to our understanding of the case. We are reviewing all of the information we’ve received and are following up on every lead.”
  • “We intend to release additional information in the future, providing more details [unclear] we do not compromise the ongoing investigation.”
:04
  • “I don’t have anything new that you don’t already know.”
  • Reporter: “Is the mother a suspect or a person of interest in this investigation? And also with the videos that you uncover, is there any evidence of the mother’s involvement in these videos?”
    • “Everyone that was close to Madeline is considered a suspect until we prove otherwise.”
:05
  • Still waiting on ME’s report
  • No conclusion on if MS was killed inside the home or not
  • SS has not spoken to LE at all
:06
  • Reporter: “Do you believe that there are any other victims”
    • “Uh no it appears that this was isolated to the home”
  • Chief does not think that SS’s lack of cooperation is slowing down the investigation
:08
  • Chief is the mother and the family members being cooperative and answered questions, have they lawyered up? And also the father of Madeline who is not a Florida resident, is he a part of this investigation or at least being asked questions? Was he interviewed?”
    • “We have interviewed all those family members that are close. Mother has cooperated. She did give us an interview. So there’s, you know, no one is not cooperating other than Sterns.”
  • Chief says identity of children involved is protected under the law
:09
  • Reporter asks about, essentially, why SS would freely give up his phone considering the evidence on it. Chief can’t common on it specifically because it wasn’t her department, but it’s not uncommon for LE to ask people
  • Reporter asks about Chief’s opinions. “My takeaway from this is talk to your children. Families, talk to your kids. Know that there are agencies out there, the abuse hotline, “help now”. You know that people can report suspicion too, and I would encourage mothers and fathers to have those conversations with the kids and be aware.”
:10
  • Reporter: “Had you investigated this family before?”
    • Chief: “Not for anything like this, no ma’am.”
  • Reporter asks about the duration of JS and SS’s relationship. Chief says they’re trying to get the timeline for this.
JB Biunno (whose stream I’m watching) comments that transferring this from the Sheriff’s office to Kissimmee PD could have slowed things down, but he also expresses shock that this was a press conference without an update.

My callouts:
  • A pointed refusal to call out JS for anything OR to clear her of suspicion
  • No one is “not cooperating” other than SS
  • Chief says this appeared to be isolated to the home. Not clear if that means SS’s direct victims of abuse, or if that would also mean they don’t believe there was any transmission of CSAM to or from SS
  • Chief says the family hasn't been investigated for something like this before. I would hope her answer to the question includes the sheriff's dept. and CPS/DFS investigating as well, but it wasn't specified.
  • ME report not back yet.
  • My read was that, regardless of if LE thinks JS was involved, they don’t seem to currently have any evidence that she was involved. The Chief declined to answer if JS was involved in any of the videos. I think there is about zero chance they have evidence she was involved in any videos or photos otherwise they would have arrested her already, so I think we can extrapolate that even if they think JS wasn’t involved in the murder, they would not say so until she is cleared
  • I’m not as unhappy as some folks about this press conference. LE hadn’t really said anything since the allegations that JS is being untruthful came out, and IMO LE doesn’t hesitate to accuse people of being evasive and uncooperative if that’s what they want to do, and here they declined to say that JS is being untruthful
Edited to add: Chief mentions one interview from JS. We know about her sworn testimony about the day of and day before MS went missing, but I'm not positive that that would be considered an interview or the interview the Chief is referencing. Especially because that interview would have been with the Sheriff and not Kissimmee PD.
RBBM
Another callout: It is highlighted that parents should speak to their children, encouraging them to tell. This makes me think that this was the case here; MS did not tell JS. And possibly JS said (after SS's arrest) she didn't know, but then once urged through a certain line of questions, she revealed things that were red flags that she did not notice herself as red flags.
If that was the case, as a chief asked their opinion, I would have said exactly what they said...

particularly since you are charging her significant other with sex crimes against her deceased minor daughter. wouldn't they need and want her assistance in buiLding that case against him? To add context to the when's where's how's etc of the ongoing abuse that covered years?

I AM STUNNED THEY HAVEN'T INTERVIEWED HER MORE THAN THE ONCE??

Does that indicate her having obtained counsel or them not being that interested to hear what she has to say about anything because she is not credible in their mind after her inconsistencies?
I am starting to think the one interview was AFTER the arrest. So not including any interviews from the missing person point of view. if that is the case then maybe just ONE interview after you find out your bf, partner whatever has SA and possibly killed your child would be enough to tell LE everything you can about the .

jmo

How long does it take to get DNA results back?
I wonder if they were able to get his DNA before they locked him up… should they need to match it with any evidence found on Maddie or during autopsy.
DNA results can be processed quickly but it depends on the waitlist. I am assuming certain cases like homicide and missing people jump the line BUT how many homicides and missing people and subsequent DNA testing is in that line before could lengthen that line.

Also that mom IS cooperating. There's been a lot of speculation on that, so now we know. She is.
I wonder. I wonder . . . Will SS be allowed to see the news? Could this have been for him? He's not the smartest person on the planet. If he thinks JS is cooperating, wonder if he may not feel the need to tell his side of the story?

We've seen how he blunders about.

Since there appeared to be nothing of value I had wondered if the presser was held in the hopes a carefully worded phrase or two might give a needed push to someone not talking.

I had JS in mind. But SS might be better.

I have heard that phrase used before, but here we know it’s true due to mom’s massive lie about when she last saw Maddie.

So we know she committed a crime, and they could certainly move on that if they wanted to. They’re looking at way more than that through.
Unless she really did see her getting ready via video or camera

I wonder. I wonder . . . Will SS be allowed to see the news? Could this have been for him? He's not the smartest person on the planet. If he thinks JS is cooperating, wonder if he may not feel the need to tell his side of the story?

We've seen how he blunders about.

Since there appeared to be nothing of value I had wondered if the presser was held in the hopes a carefully worded phrase or two might give a needed push to someone not talking.

I had JS in mind. But SS might be better.

Bolded for focus.

I hope so. I am really hoping there was a good reason for that nothingburger.

Unless she really did see her getting ready via video or camera
It doesn't matter how she saw it, rather, it matters when she saw it. The time just doesn't work. If she is no longer talking, I hope they asked her the question, "what did Madeline have for breakfast?"

I watched the 'press release' on WFLA Now, with JB Biunno. He did a phenomenal job at addressing the rumors and accusations leveled at JS and why it's inappropriate and premature. He was very compassionate and expressed the reasons why all the insinuations are so damaging, and I for one appreciated it very much. As for the PD statement, it didn't at all provide anything I had hoped to hear, and I think the reason they even did it was because so many people are demanding that they say something at all. IMO, I'm thinking that there is a toxicology report that is being done to determine COD because there were no obvious signs on her physical body. Those reports take some time to come back because the have to test for various things. I safely assume blood was drawn and is in a lab right now. Also, I do not at all believe anyone else was involved, other than the creeps/pedos that were also on those CP sites sharing pics and videos with him and vice versa. That in itself is going to be a massive investigation, which will require a very, very thorough process...and time. They said no one is ruled out yet at this point, but that is standard procedure to cover all angles but that doesn't mean that JS or her family is involved. They are all cooperating. SS is the only one who apparently isn't. On YouTube there are a lot of videos that have been posting since the press release stating that JS is being investigated and is a suspect, which is just not factual true knowledge. As JB stated, JS is a mother who just lost her daughter in a horrific, cruel, painful and devastating way, and all the accusations are just wrong at this stage. I for one do not at all expect her to come forward to 'explain herself' to any of us, she owes no one that, except the investigators piecing this all together. She is in the worst hell ever and is grieving, and doesn't need to placate us. Send her healing energy, so she can find the strength to come forward and tell her side of the story....when SHE is ready.

It doesn't matter how she saw it, rather, it matters when she saw it. The time just doesn't work. If she is no longer talking, I hope they asked her the question, "what did Madeline have for breakfast?"
The Kissimmee PD said that she, and everyone else is and has been cooperating. Only SS has not been cooperating, according to their statement today.

That comment he left on Reddit makes me think that JS did know / suspect and probably had confronted him. Just sayin. MOO.
And gaslighted her. Made her think she was the bad one for even thinking it or asking.
JMO and experience from being gaslit when questioning things that did not add up (not about SA but same situation with suspicion and confrontation). Gaslighters can be extremely good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab