TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Ring camera captured some of his last movements before his disappearance on March 4.
In the video Caleb can be seen in the parking lot of his apartment complex on Ennis Joslin at around 1 a.m

SNIPPED Denise Hall, the mother of one of Harris’ other roommates, said in a Facebook post that Harris was walking his dog on Monday around 2:45 a.m.
“He took his dog for a walk, brought the dog back in and stepped back out of the apartment possibly to pick up Uber Eats or one of those type of things to pick up food for Tuesday at school,” she wrote on a missing persons page. “His phone was off by 3am and has never come back on. His wallet, keys and vehicle are all in his apartment. It took a while in my opinion, but CC Police were out there yesterday searching the area, bringing in drones, and dirt bikes too.”

Hall added that Harris’ family “have been working for days to find him and coordinate the search,” and Harris’ friends and roommates “went to businesses all over [the] Corpus area and put out flyers and spoke to people” on Tuesday

I'm bringing this forward because it was reported about going out to pick up food for Tuesday. Has anything been verified regarding the food order/restaurant etc? It was 2:45am and this comment is from the roommates mom. IMO
If that 2:45am is accurate, that leaves only 13 mins until his phone was turned out or went dead at 2:58am. What happened to this young man!?

If Caleb's apartment had a layout similar to the 3BR floor plan shown on The Cottages website, the bedrooms were upstairs with entry/living/dining/kitchen on the main floor. Maybe he just fell asleep (nap) on couch rather than going upstairs. Since these are college students... sleeping on sofa could be reasonable. Also, I was thinking maybe the three of them took turns letting the dog in/out overnight... which would be more easily done if crashing on the couch.

ETA: Link to floor plan

The ring cam video with the three boys and pup, that puppy is just a lil thing. They're like babies, eating and drinking and having to go. Doesb't seem unusual to crash on the couch with the lil one. Caleb looked happy in that video, enjoying looking after the new fur baby. He didn't look impaired or upset.

It's hard to see his feet with him being in between vehicles, but it doesn't appear he has shoes on from what I can tell. His hands are in his pockets and there are no pockets on his shirt, so also hard to know if he has his phone or anything else with him at this time, which is approximately 1:00 am per the video. MOO

Doorbell surveillance shows Caleb Harris hours before disappearance​

The Harris family is working with investigators from multiple agencies. The team established to search for Caleb includes Corpus Christi PD’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the United States Marshals Service, and several civilian crime analysts, according to a news release.

"Of course, everybody has theories, but right now, there is still no direction, clues, or evidence other than that he just vanished … Our biggest push is begging everybody to look through their ring cameras. There has to be a camera somewhere that caught him,” Randy said.

It's hard to see his feet with him being in between vehicles, but it doesn't appear he has shoes on from what I can tell. His hands are in his pockets and there are no pockets on his shirt, so also hard to know if he has his phone or anything else with him at this time, which is approximately 1:00 am per the video. MOO

Are these the same clothes he went missing in? The pants were described as teal in color, so maybe it’s a distortion of the Ring camera, but they appear to be a lighter color. Just wondering if he changed clothes for some reason between 1:00 and 3:00 am? I also cannot tell if he has shoes on or not.

Last edited:

It sort of looks like he's walking a bit gingerly, possibly barefoot. If this was at 1am, it was said he went inside to get his reels ready for fishing the next day. He could have removed his shoes then. He napped a bit on the couch then went out with the pup. Might not have wanted to bother putting his shoes back on. Came back, then out quickly to wait for his UberEats. To me it all is pointing towards Caleb having no intentions of going anywhere but back inside after his food came driving up. Does UberEats tell you there coming with a map of where the driver is, like Instacart does?

Are these the same clothes he went missing in? The pants were described as teal in color, so maybe it’s a distortion of the Ring camera, but they appear to be a lighter color. Just wondering if he changed clothes for some reason between 1:00 and 3:00 am? I also cannot tell if he has shoes on or not.
Teal is one of my favorite colors and I can vouch for the fact that people always have a different idea of what teal is! lol

@sunshineray, I've never used Uber Eats or Instacart. I have no idea how it works. :confused:

Teal is one of my favorite colors and I can vouch for the fact that people always have a different idea of what teal is! lol

@sunshineray, I've never used Uber Eats or Instacart. I have no idea how it works. :confused:
When Instacart is on it's way a little map pops up with your location and the deliver driver's too, so you can track them to your door.

Teal is one of my favorite colors and I can vouch for the fact that people always have a different idea of what teal is!
This pair of Columbia men's pants looks to me to be a very dark teal, and is described as "Night Wave": Columbia Men's Narrow Pointe Pants
I googled "men's nylon fishing pants" and could not find any men's pants in a lighter teal color; lots of blues, though, and more neutral colors with names like Grill and Ancient Fossil. This pair of pants in Lousiana Bayou color are the closest to a lighter teal that I could find: Men's Tek Gear® Lightweight Pants

Last edited:
MAR 23, 2024
[...]

Ring camera video obtained by the television station shows Harris in his Corpus Christi apartment complex parking lot around 1 a.m. March 4, where he was with a roommate and another friend while playing with a dog outside.

[...]

As CrimeOnline previously reported, the 21-year-old Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi student sent a Snapchat to his sister about two hours later and is believed to have gone outside to get an Uber food order shortly after. The food order was delivered at 3:20 a.m. but Harris was nowhere to be found.

Harris reportedly sent a Snapchat to a friend at a bridge near the apartment complex around 3:03 a.m. After Harris did not return back to his unit, his roommates called police.

[...]

This case is really distressing, and somehow moreso when taken in tandem with that of Riley Strain. At least in the sad events of Riley's last hours, his vulnerability was abundantly obvious in most all of the video footage. In the short bit of Ring footage of Caleb in the apartment parking lot with his roommates/friends and puppy, I see an affable, relaxed, comfortable, strapping young man, not at all impaired. It truly is as though he vanished into thin air. That does not happen, though. JMO, not one scintilla of anxiety, stress or inner turmoil appears on his face or in his body language. Doesn't mean those things weren't there, of course, but I don't sense them.

I can't help but feel something very different befell Caleb, hope I'm wrong.

At 3:03 AM he was at the bridge near the apartments, which would be the bridge over the irrigation canal. It doesn't seem he went off that bridge as his phone continued for 1 mile, left onto South Padre Island Dr. and then being turned off or lost power in the area of the Walgreens, a medical center, a Circle K and a McDonalds. Only the medical center and Circle K were open. Did he want something to eat (not the next day lunch that was being delivered) or did he think he needed medical attention? There is a bait and tackle shop, Roy's, that he would have walked past but the timeline doesn't seem to allow him to have gone there and yes, it would have been closed. Could he have gone to Circle K, his phone died and something happened on his way back to the apartments? Could have have looked around the bait shop for something on his way back?
I'm sure they have searched all these areas but as always, there is no way to truly be certain a body wasn't missed in a search, especially if he is in a body of water.

Last edited:
@NoSpoonFeeding
IMO
For a while I've been of the opinion that for years
there's been a serial killer trawling for apparent
adult male victims in TX & OK, pretending to be a
LE officer, 'arresting' the victim and putting a gun
on them if necessary, into handcuffs and into the
rear seat of the vehicle (which probably has a metal
wire barrier behind the driver) - think of someone
along the lines of a 'John Wayne Gacy on wheels'.
The victims pockets searched for any phone, which
is confiscated and turned off and/or thrown away.
The victims then driven a long way to some isolated
residence, thereafter not to survive.
If Caleb Harris was such a victim of this 'Texas Driver',
unless LE can find any video of at least the type of
vehicle being used to kidnap the victims, along the
road the phone apparently was travelling on, IMO this
case will fade out for lack of progress in the coming
months, just like Jason Landry's case did.

The ring cam video with the three boys and pup, that puppy is just a lil thing. They're like babies, eating and drinking and having to go. Doesb't seem unusual to crash on the couch with the lil one. Caleb looked happy in that video, enjoying looking after the new fur baby. He didn't look impaired or upset.
IMHO
Absolutely agree he doesn’t look impaired or upset in @1 am video.

Roommate of Caleb confirmed they were partying (whatever that entails- booze and/or illegal drugs?)

Just remembering that Riley Strain didn’t look impaired or upset on police cam during brief exchange with police officer in Nashville either - yet we all know how greatly impaired he was from other video after he left (or was asked to leave)the bar and before police video.

My question is - what was ingested & how much (if anything) between 1 am and his 2:45 am disappearance - alcohol or other - and did Caleb wander toward the water to check the waves, check his fishing boat, just meander or intentionally walk that way in an impaired state to get some fresh air/ clear his head and take a tragic fall/ drown like so many, many other young men who end up in the water after drinking.
Fresh air and a walk are definitely helpful in an attempt to “sober up” if supervised but as we all know can be deadly if impaired and alone.

I’m feeling like a tragic water accident is Occam’s razor in Caleb’s case much more than the chance of an abduction or anything nefarious happening to him.

Sadly, if this is the case, the ocean may well never give him up the way a river or lake would.

Praying Caleb is found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member