Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt a barely 13 year old wouldn't know her own address. Especially one with so many talents that I gleaned from her obit video so I'm calling BS on that. Drums, guitar, ballet, swimming AND wearing a mermaid suit, etc., etc.

But let's pretend she didn't know her own address (suppresses an eyeroll)... The red X is where the gate into the property is (verified by the Goog car unable to go any further, and by clicking on the street view image of that exact spot where I saw the gates and gatehouse that we've all seen). It's like... c'mon... you can't tell me that an intelligent teen/preteen couldn't find that house (1st right, 1st left, 2nd house in across from the water) even if she DIDN'T know her address. I'm calling BS on that which raises the question... why would JS even say something as odd as that? For her story that "she was taken" and "doesn't know her address"? smh

View attachment 492453

Right, this is so incredibly basic?

Mine are older, but I feel as though this is something that in addition to my going over with them, was also covered in elementary school.

I'm not particular familiar with this part of Florida, having only been in/around the general area, so no idea how walkable it is, if at all, but at the very least I agree knowing that 4012 Santa Maria Drive bit or even just the name Venetian Bay Villages....something?

JS did say MS could probably tell someone how to get where they lived...so IMO, MS knew her address. Just another weird thing to say that doesn't make sense when you sit here thinking about it.

And IF MS was really THAT forgetful, slow, etc then holy heck, I would be even MORE upset and scared by her being missing, if possible you know?....Missing AND she doesn't even know her address? That's terrifying!

Another thing, didn't grandma say Jenn worked the night before, Sunday, she woke up tired and called Stephan to (pick up, take her, bring her) to school. If SS brought Maddi to the party on Sunday and took her home, where did she think he was staying if she said Jenn had to call him to take her to school? something feels strange there. Surely wasn't North Port where his parents live.

thank you yes, it was a zoom, Im wondering why not inside of her home or outside in person?
the other interview looked like it was inside her home,( not on zoom) and the Telemundo interview looked like they were filming outside, I'll try to find a picture to see where they were located. ( her complex or somewhere else,)

I know this was mentioned earlier, but do not believe the link was shared? This is in regards to SS using Telegram, etc very early Monday morning Edited to add, if you avoid all of these videos and any outside info, basically they have been able to use SS phone number from his arrest and prove he was accessing Telegram at 4:49 am Monday morning. Telegram has a history associated with it of uploading images, etc:

Last edited:
I know this was mentioned earlier, but do not believe the link was shared? This is in regards to SS using Telegram, etc very early Monday morning:
Im sure law enforcement has served a subpoena on Telegram for any data they can provide. The IP address that he used to login that morning (if it proves to be legitimate), will be very interesting.

His phone location would also tell them where he was though. Digital evidence is sure to play a massive role in this case.

Another thing, didn't grandma say Jenn worked the night before, Sunday, she woke up tired and called Stephan to (pick up, take her, bring her) to school. If SS brought Maddi to the party on Sunday and took her home, where did she think he was staying if she said Jenn had to call him to take her to school? something feels strange there. Surely wasn't North Port where his parents live.
That’s why I’m thinking SS had moved back in with his parents, however, he may have been dragging out the whole process by leaving his toys and things in the room that was “his” at the condo. I would not be surprised if the Sotos were under the impression SS was completely moved out and moved on, until recently. If JS and SS relationship was on and off, I wouldn’t be telling my parents every up and down (for me it’s out of embarrassment).

I’m wondering if SS was not supposed to be at the condo AT ALL and Jenn just said she called him bc she wouldn’t have wanted her family knowing he had stayed the night.

I think you make a good point. Why the heck would JS ask someone who’s moved 2.5 hours away to take her daughter to school?

To play “devil’s advocate” or the criminal defense side of things, I suppose JS could argue she called him from her bed knowing he was sleeping in “his” room. But like Grandma said, why would he take her to school if he was no longer living there…and if he was still living there or crashing there, why would she call him? Is she going to offer some explanation of “he stayed in his old room/crashed on the couch so I just called him from my room to see if he’d mind taking Maddie to school”?

But like, let’s say the above happened…wouldn’t he have somewhere else to be after dropping Maddie off? Why go back to the apartment at 8:19?! Wouldn’t he want to hightail it back to North Port? I suppose he figured he’d need to step in as the worried “step father” figure almost immediately so there was no point in driving back…

To play “devil’s advocate” or the criminal defense side of things, I suppose JS could argue she called him from her bed knowing he was sleeping in “his” room. But like Grandma said, why would he take her to school if he was no longer living there…and if he was still living there or crashing there, why would she call him? Is she going to offer some explanation of “he stayed in his old room/crashed on the couch so I just called him from my room to see if he’d mind taking Maddie to school”?
funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing. It's not uncommon for my daughter to text me from downstairs. Cell records will show that. I agree that maybe SS living there was hidden out of embarrassment. When people share relationship problems with the family yet nothing changes sometimes the family is no longer sympathetic which makes the complainer do less sharing and more hiding.

It's like... c'mon... you can't tell me that an intelligent teen/preteen couldn't find that house (1st right, 1st left, 2nd house in across from the water) even if she DIDN'T know her address. I'm calling BS on that which raises the question... why would JS even say something as odd as that? For her story that "she was taken" and "doesn't know her address"? smh

I'm with you - this is the bit that has always stood out to me, even more than the "saw her getting ready at 8 a.m." part, which very well could be a lie but could be a simple misremembering of the time. The way she added this fairly unbelievable part, without any obvious reason, has always stuck with me. Your theory is a reasonable one to me.

funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing. It's not uncommon for my daughter to text me from downstairs. Cell records will show that. I agree that maybe SS living there was hidden out of embarrassment. When people share relationship problems with the family yet nothing changes sometimes the family is no longer sympathetic which makes the complainer do less sharing and more hiding.

I don't remember JS stating how she communicated with SS to tell him to take MS to school. Just her saying he picked her up. I doubt I would believe what she would have to say anyway without LE confirmation. JMO and it's possible I could have missed something so if anyone knows, I would love to hear.

As for JS, I feel people tend to view it too black-and-white. There is a lot of grey, imo.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been a good mum and a good person and simply be used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been a good mum, but not a flawless person and also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been not really mum of the year nor a flawless person and also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about the SA, but suspected something about the murder, though she did not really know anything and was also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about the SA and been told something about the murder, that she somewhat helped to cover up, while also being lied to and used by SS.
* She might have suspected something about the SA, but not reacted "properly" on her suspicions due to various different reasons, while also knowing nothing about the murder and being used by SS.
* She might have suspected something about the SA, but not reacted "properly" on her suspicions due to various different reasons, while also knowing or suspecting something about the murder, and still being used by SS.
* She might have known about the SA, been guilty about not stepping in about it, but not known anything about the murder.
* She might have known everything about the SA and the murder, while being also lied to and used by SS.
* She might have known everything about the SA and the murder, and been a willing participant in all this.

For some reason a lot of people seem to argue that it has to be either 1st or last.
I personally am pretty sure it is somewhere in between these two. Obviously, this list is not final and there are more options.
I agree. My speculation has been that she may have known Maddie was dead but thought it was a tragic accident and knew nothing about the abuse. That option IMO would account for her wanting to protect SS. JMO.

Apologies for quoting my own post. One more similarity to add. Both Moms talked about how “happy” their daughters were. Seemingly having no real emotional connection to their child. MOO.
That part made me think she knew or suspected that Maddie had died. It seemed like a comforting thought to think she had been happy just before. Otherwise you’d be more worried about how she felt at the time, wherever she was. MOO.

To me, the address or not knowing her way home doesn’t seem too crazy. I have ADHD too but I was diagnosed as an adult so idk if this is part of it but my spatial skills are abysmal. I generally couldn’t find my way home unless I was close enough to see it or on a very familiar route. I don’t really picture the way things are spatially related to one another in my head. I have to memorize which streets to turn left or right on and use the street signs. Until I’ve driven it enough for it to basically be on auto pilot. I’ve always known my addresses of where I’ve lived because I’m good at remembering numbers. But it wouldn’t help me any if trying to find my way. ADHD can involve a huge gap between strengths and weaknesses. She could have been a perfectly bright kid and not been able to find her way home. And maybe she never sat down to memorize her address. My childhood home was the same one the whole time and we had to recite our address in kindergarten. After that any other address I had was as an adult so I had to enter it on forms and stuff. If I’d moved somewhere at age 10 or so and my parents didn’t specifically ask me to recite the address I likely wouldn’t have known it either. JMO IME

To me, the address or not knowing her way home doesn’t seem too crazy. I have ADHD too but I was diagnosed as an adult so idk if this is part of it but my spatial skills are abysmal. I generally couldn’t find my way home unless I was close enough to see it or on a very familiar route. I don’t really picture the way things are spatially related to one another in my head. I have to memorize which streets to turn left or right on and use the street signs. Until I’ve driven it enough for it to basically be on auto pilot. I’ve always known my addresses of where I’ve lived because I’m good at remembering numbers. But it wouldn’t help me any if trying to find my way. ADHD can involve a huge gap between strengths and weaknesses. She could have been a perfectly bright kid and not been able to find her way home. And maybe she never sat down to memorize her address. My childhood home was the same one the whole time and we had to recite our address in kindergarten. After that any other address I had was as an adult so I had to enter it on forms and stuff. If I’d moved somewhere at age 10 or so and my parents didn’t specifically ask me to recite the address I likely wouldn’t have known it either. JMO IME
I also have ADHD and am very good with directions, just to give another side of it.

I don't remember JS stating how she communicated with SS to tell him to take MS to school. Just her saying he picked her up. I doubt I would believe what she would have to say anyway without LE confirmation. JMO and it's possible I could have missed something so if anyone knows, I would love to hear.
your memory is correct, it wasnt JS who said it, it was her mom (grandma) I will try to find it for you. It's in the Telemundo interviews. so far ive found " she told her bf to bring her, " told her BF to bring her here" and there is one that says "called her BF to take her" and maybe its just in the translation? , very early on I posted about it, because it had different translations and it was confusing. as well it was more about if grandma knew he lived there or not. didnt sound like she did because she said " the BF did not live there" which could be an indicator that they (JS/SS) were hiding it?

Last edited:
I also have ADHD and am very good with directions, just to give another side of it.
I have ADHD and I am dyslexic, with two LD sons. I think learning your address has more to do types of memory deficits and/or visual or auditory processing.

I know when I was in school, we all had to learn our address, phone number, and parents’s names in kindergarten. I’m pretty sure my sons did too, but they were in special ed with teachers who knew creative ways and taught compensatory skills to get that kind of info to “stick” in long-term memory.

After that any other address I had was as an adult so I had to enter it on forms and stuff. If I’d moved somewhere at age 10 or so and my parents didn’t specifically ask me to recite the address I likely wouldn’t have known it either. JMO IME
There are things that are just automatic and you never even consider whether your child knows their address. I worked with mine in kindergarten because the street name was difficult to spell and he thought getting the first and last letters right was close enough and fussed a little at having to learn all the other letters. But there have been so many times, things he learned I don't know how or when and I've asked him about some of them since he's been an adult.

So, the reporter just flat-out asking a direct question might have caught JS up as in, "I've never thought about that before. I'd think so, don't most 13 year olds know that? But to know, absolutely know whether my child knew that particular fact or not? No, I couldn't say for certain.

your memory is correct, it wasnt JS who said it, it was her mom (grandma) I will try to find it for you. It's in the Telemundo interviews. so far ive found " she told her bf to bring her, " told her BF to bring her here" and there is one that says "called her BF to take her" and maybe its just in the translation? , very early on I posted about it, because it had different translations and it was confusing. as well it was more about if grandma knew he lived there or not. didnt sound like she did because she said " the BF did not live there" which could be an indicator that they (JS/SS) were hiding it?

Yes. The grandma is the one who said that her daughter asked SS to take her to school. Grandma Yolanda starts speaking at 1:20 here

There are a lot of translations out there that are taking liberties.

I hear

Pero mi hija trabajó la noche anterior el Domingo y parece que se levanto muy cansada y le dijo al novio que se trajerla y hasta ahí

But my daughter worked the night before, Sunday, and it seemed she got up really tired and she told her boyfriend to take her there

(to school, presumably?)

HOWEVER.... In the affidavit to police, Jenn says SS "picked her up".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_200621_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_200621_YouTube.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors