TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Caleb Harris was such a victim of this 'Texas Driver',
unless LE can find any video of at least the type of
vehicle being used to kidnap the victims, along the
road the phone apparently was travelling on, IMO this
case will fade out for lack of progress in the coming
months, just like Jason Landry's case did.
IMHO
You are right- this case could absolutely “fade out for lack of progress” - especially if Caleb tragically ended up in the ocean- which I think is highly likely.

Jason Landry was impaired when driving and ended up completely off route or made a conscious decision to drive off route knowing he was impaired. In any case, evidence by his car suggested that after his crash he wandered off (at that point impaired and with a possible head injury) on a very cold & very dark night without proper clothing or provisions.
I’m familiar with the general area of where Jason was last seen and it is absolutely desolate with very few scattered structures all miles apart and no place near to get help or shelter.
Texas is huge and vast and that area is decidedly undeveloped.
When Jason’s car was found there was absolutely no evidence of other tire tracks, no footprints, no foreign dna on his car or backpack / possessions.
There was pot found in his backpack (I don’t know if it was checked to be laced) in any case I think Jason succumbed to the elements and possible head injury and that he has not been found despite searches because they have absolutely no idea which direction he wandered off in. It is such a tragic case, but I do believe Jason’s remains will be found at some point and no foul play will be indicated in his very sad disappearance.

Was the bridge in his 3am Snapchat over water?
We have not seen the Snapchat, and likely won't. I don't use the app but my understanding is that he would've had to save it to his camera roll or take a screenshot for it to be stored on his phone. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Moreover, I'd like to know the source of the information for the Snapchat sent to a friend. Previously, we've seen reports of a Snapchat sent to his sister. No mention of a bridge.

Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere in MSM? Did Caleb's parents say this in a video, perhaps? I can't find it anywhere else. MOO

Harris reportedly sent a Snapchat to a friend at a bridge near the apartment complex around 3:03 a.m. After Harris did not return back to his unit, his roommates called police.

IMHO
Absolutely agree he doesn’t look impaired or upset in @1 am video.

Roommate of Caleb confirmed they were partying (whatever that entails- booze and/or illegal drugs?)

Just remembering that Riley Strain didn’t look impaired or upset on police cam during brief exchange with police officer in Nashville either - yet we all know how greatly impaired he was from other video after he left (or was asked to leave)the bar and before police video.

My question is - what was ingested & how much (if anything) between 1 am and his 2:45 am disappearance - alcohol or other - and did Caleb wander toward the water to check the waves, check his fishing boat, just meander or intentionally walk that way in an impaired state to get some fresh air/ clear his head and take a tragic fall/ drown like so many, many other young men who end up in the water after drinking.
Fresh air and a walk are definitely helpful in an attempt to “sober up” if supervised but as we all know can be deadly if impaired and alone.

I’m feeling like a tragic water accident is Occam’s razor in Caleb’s case much more than the chance of an abduction or anything nefarious happening to him.

Sadly, if this is the case, the ocean may well never give him up the way a river or lake would.

Praying Caleb is found
BBM Does anyone have a link for this? Sorry to ask but I keep seeing it stated as fact and cannot find it anywhere. I have tried... :( MOO

IMHO
Absolutely agree he doesn’t look impaired or upset in @1 am video.

Roommate of Caleb confirmed they were partying (whatever that entails- booze and/or illegal drugs?)

Just remembering that Riley Strain didn’t look impaired or upset on police cam during brief exchange with police officer in Nashville either - yet we all know how greatly impaired he was from other video after he left (or was asked to leave)the bar and before police video.

My question is - what was ingested & how much (if anything) between 1 am and his 2:45 am disappearance - alcohol or other - and did Caleb wander toward the water to check the waves, check his fishing boat, just meander or intentionally walk that way in an impaired state to get some fresh air/ clear his head and take a tragic fall/ drown like so many, many other young men who end up in the water after drinking.
Fresh air and a walk are definitely helpful in an attempt to “sober up” if supervised but as we all know can be deadly if impaired and alone.

I’m feeling like a tragic water accident is Occam’s razor in Caleb’s case much more than the chance of an abduction or anything nefarious happening to him.

Sadly, if this is the case, the ocean may well never give him up the way a river or lake would.

Praying Caleb is found
I'd agree Caleb may have taken a walk if his boat was very close by. Was it far to the nearest coastline to where The Cottages were? If it was more than a half mile, being it was so early in the morning and he was barefoot, any father of a walk would seem not likely to me. That and he was expecting a delivery and then his phone went off shortly after he left the house after bringing the pup back inside. That's actually the most upsetting and suspicious thing about his disappearance.

Two things I like to know...was his phone physically turned off by someone or had the battery drained out because it wasn't charged? Can they tell this info from the cloud?

The other is clarification on the exact time his food was dropped at the door. Wondering why there's such a discrepancy as to the hour this happened?

This is the bridge that is referred to. Pictures on news reports show the water level to be much lower than pictured here. In fact, it is so low that bottom rocks are exposed and there is no current.

They must have checked that canal fully by now. Where was he going, to get something to eat? He had no wallet. The tackle place was surely closed at that hour of the morning? Was the CVS a 24 hour store? If Caleb thought he was ill enough to need the medical place, why not just quickly drive himself there or have a roommate drive you there? But again, he'd need his wallet with ID and insurance card.

Anymore word about what that Snapchat actual was?

We have not seen the Snapchat, and likely won't. I don't use the app but my understanding is that he would've had to save it to his camera roll or take a screenshot for it to be stored on his phone. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Moreover, I'd like to know the source of the information for the Snapchat sent to a friend. Previously, we've seen reports of a Snapchat sent to his sister. No mention of a bridge.

Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere in MSM? Did Caleb's parents say this in a video, perhaps? I can't find it anywhere else. MOO

Harris reportedly sent a Snapchat to a friend at a bridge near the apartment complex around 3:03 a.m. After Harris did not return back to his unit, his roommates called police.
If the Snapchat was a snapshot of a bridge, my question is why would he even take and post or send a photo of the bridge? I’m old, and also not familiar with Snapchat, so maybe I need enlightening, lol.

BBM Does anyone have a link for this? Sorry to ask but I keep seeing it stated as fact and cannot find it anywhere. I have tried... :( MOO

I'm glad you're asking if anyone has found another solid link to this info. We've seen many tidbits of info "reported" with many lacking verification (or clarification).

At 3:03 AM he was at the bridge near the apartments, which would be the bridge over the irrigation canal. It doesn't seem he went off that bridge as his phone continued for 1 mile, left onto South Padre Island Dr. and then being turned off or lost power in the area of the Walgreens, a medical center, a Circle K and a McDonalds. Only the medical center and Circle K were open. Did he want something to eat (not the next day lunch that was being delivered) or did he think he needed medical attention? There is a bait and tackle shop, Roy's, that he would have walked past but the timeline doesn't seem to allow him to have gone there and yes, it would have been closed. Could he have gone to Circle K, his phone died and something happened on his way back to the apartments? Could have have looked around the bait shop for something on his way back?
I'm sure they have searched all these areas but as always, there is no way to truly be certain a body wasn't missed in a search, especially if he is in a body of water.

@NoSpoonFeeding, do you have a link for your statement: “as his phone continued for 1 mile, left onto S. Padre Island Dr. and then being turned off or lost power in the area of the Walgreens, a Medical Center, a Circle K, and a McDonald’s”? I have not read or seen that reported anywhere.

Just thinking out loud, and all just my opinion..

There seems to be a lot of unintentional misinformation on this case, just people being imprecise (jmo):

I still do not believe he went outside the apartment for the sole purpose of “waiting” for Uber Eats to show up. I think that is somebody’s presumption or assumption. He might have even told somebody that is what he was going to do - but I don’t think that is what he intended to do. Jmo

Did he walk out the door at 2:45 am, or at 2:58 am? Did his phone go dead at 2:58 am, or after (I suppose just a moment or so) after 3:03 am (if it is true he sent Snapchat video at that time)?

Speaking of which, is there ANY confirmation of the 3:03 am Snapchat video of, or on, the (Ennis Joseph Rd.) bridge over the canal (which, on Google Earth, appears to have plenty of water in it)? Where is that info about the 3:03 Snapchat coming from?

If he was ON the bridge over the canal at 3:03 am, it would seem that he would have been headed to the northeast (on Ennis Joslin) toward S. Padre Dr. - but if that was the case, why was Texas Equusearch at one time searching the brush behind the St. Helena of the True Cross of Jesus Church on Wooldridge Rd. (just under a mile away and southwest of the Cottages)? What led them to that location?

Is there a later “ping” from the phone (even after it was “off”) or is there a cctv / ring video we don’t know about?

Also, it was reported LE checked vacant units in The Cottages and in an “adjacent” apartment complex. The only adjacent apartment complexes I see are Seaglass Apartments and Townhomes (which are just to the southwest of The Cottages), and Harbor Landing Apartments (just to the southeast of The Cottages)

If he was walking northeast to get something to eat, the only place nearby that I can find that would be open at that hour would be the Whataburger on S. Padre Dr., which is about 600’ from the Ennis Joslin / S. Padre Dr. intersection and about 1600’ (about 1/3 mi.) from the bridge over the canal. Was he ever picked up on cctv along S. Padre Dr.? It seems I’ve read/heard several requests for ring camera videos (which, even though I know some businesses probably use them, when I think of Ring cameras I think more of residential cameras than commercial).

All jmo

Before Caleb was reported missing, he was preparing for school and to go fishing the next day, Randy Harris said. “He was texting me different lures in his tackle box,” and had ordered lunch for the next day: Lunchables and a Red Bull.

He was talking about long-term plans: He had signed a lease for the next school year and was looking forward to a job in Alaska this summer, his father said.
Noting:

“He knows to never go out by himself, and anytime he would go out, he’s got a VHF broadband radio and a first aid kit and things like that, so if he’s ever stranded for any reason, he has a radio and can call for help,” he father said.

@NoSpoonFeeding, do you have a link for your statement: “as his phone continued for 1 mile, left onto S. Padre Island Dr. and then being turned off or lost power in the area of the Walgreens, a Medical Center, a Circle K, and a McDonald’s”? I have not read or seen that reported anywhere.
I know better and apologize for not verifying a link when I read that on a post on this thread. I'm wondering if this even matters anymore because the interview with the PI, link posted already, he said that the victim was seen at dawn.

I did see news video of the field south of McDonald's being searched and posters on posts at that intersection.

If the Snapchat was a snapshot of a bridge, my question is why would he even take and post or send a photo of the bridge? I’m old, and also not familiar with Snapchat, so maybe I need enlightening, lol.
My question is how did he send a Snapchat at 3:03 AM if his phone was off at 2:58-2:59 AM? o_O

Just a guess, but perhaps the Snap sent to his sister of the dog was in the area of the bridge...? I don't know, but I've just gone back through the entire thread and still can't sort out some of these inconsistencies. It's maddening. MOO

Corpus Christi student from New Braunfels still missing (fox7austin.com)
"At 2:44, he was walking the dog, and there's a timestamp from Snapchat where he had sent a video of the dog to my daughter. Then at 2:59 is when the phone was shut off or went dead," Randy said.

Last edited:
Or, could the “bridge” over the canal in the (supposed) snapchat video/pic have been the one on Ennis Joslin Rd that is about 3/4 mile southwest of The Cottages…? If (IF) he left the apartment at 2:45 am, the distance to that bridge would be about right for CH to have been at that location around 3:03 am.

And that canal does appear to be shallow enough to have rocks showing. The bridge (which appears to have a tube steel handrail) is within about 1200’ of the brushy area behind St. Helena of The True Cross (if you walked straight across the field).

All speculation, jmo

I'm glad you're asking if anyone has found another solid link to this info. We've seen many tidbits of info "reported" with many lacking verification (or clarification).

Yes, even a close family friend is saying the same:

“With permission from caleb's family, Carlisle worked with others to monitor a Facebook group that plans search efforts and post important updates.

Instead, Carlisle added that people have posted inaccurate information, false predictions and conspiracies about the Harris family.

“It’s just so I can help kind of vet the stuff that comes out," Carlisle said. "There really is a lot of information that is not accurate.” ”

(The link to the FB page referenced is in the article, but even that page Carlisle has said is by permission from Caleb’s family is very confusing to me, so I wasn’t sure about including it.)

I'd agree Caleb may have taken a walk if his boat was very close by. Was it far to the nearest coastline to where The Cottages were? If it was more than a half mile, being it was so early in the morning and he was barefoot, any father of a walk would seem not likely to me. That and he was expecting a delivery and then his phone went off shortly after he left the house after bringing the pup back inside. That's actually the most upsetting and suspicious thing about his disappearance.

Two things I like to know...was his phone physically turned off by someone or had the battery drained out because it wasn't charged? Can they tell this info from the cloud?

The other is clarification on the exact time his food was dropped at the door. Wondering why there's such a discrepancy as to the hour this happened?
They definitely can because in the Riley Strain case they knew his phone still had battery left so it was either powered off or, it went into water.

They definitely can because in the Riley Strain case they knew his phone still had battery left so it was either powered off or, it went into water.
Interesting. Does that lend one to think it was turned off then? If they knew his battery just ran out from lack of charge, LE would probably just say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther