Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sayin, we don't know the context, which would perhaps give the answer as to who wrote them.
I agree, and I know we all have our experiences as a reference point. I have just worked with some pretty crafty people, who have TRO's and get around them by using apps that disguise their number. They can make it look like it's WAL MART calling or your mom texting. Ive learned the hard way a few times by giving people the benefit of the doubt. So now I wait, for official word.

I agree, and I know we all have our experiences as a reference point. I have just worked with some pretty crafty people, who have TRO's and get around them by using apps that disguise their number. They can make it look like it's WAL MART calling or your mom texting. Ive learned the hard way a few times by giving people the benefit of the doubt. So now I wait, for official word.
Do we know what date the text was supposed to have been sent?

I was just thinking. I've been on WS for FIFTEEN YEARS. :eek:

The Danielle Van Dam case brought me here, because that was in my own backyard, figuratively.

Few cases since then have touched my heart more than Maddie's and Sebastian's. I've paid attention to others in between, but somehow these are getting to me more than most.

Such needless losses. Both of those beautiful, innocent kids just approaching adulthood should have been allowed to live their lives.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

Once again I agree everyone handles it differently, BUT STILL. Y’all follow more cases than I have - has anyone ever been as chill/detached as JS about their child missing?

I feel like we’re talking in circles here but I guess that’s all we can do until LE gives us more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking. I've been on WS for FIFTEEN YEARS. :eek:

The Danielle Van Dam case brought me here, because that was in my own backyard, figuratively.

Few cases since then have touched my heart more than Maddie's and Sebastian's. I've paid attention to others in between, but somehow these are getting to me more than most.

Such needless losses. Both of those beautiful, innocent kids should have been allowed to live their lives.
I know, there have been a more than a few that were heart wrenching. It's the helpless ones that get to me. Little kids scared out of their minds and feel like they have nowhere to turn.

@Pruddennce - when did Mina say the message was sent out from Maddie's phone before her birthday on the 22nd?

I only ask cuz there are musings that the message could have been sent after Maddie was already deceased. Ty!

I heard him say:

"We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

This doesn't give me an indication of when this statement was actually made, as I read it.

We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

The girl who is supposedly afraid to be alone and can’t sleep by herself wants to live in the woods?

We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

The girl who is supposedly afraid to be alone and can’t sleep by herself wants to live in the woods?
Makes you wonder if SS or some other adult sent this to an "online friend" or someone and then deleted it when they had MS phone checking the messages she was sending to her crush.

As a mom, that also gave me a bit of an icky feeling.

JS said something to the effect of MS "told us about her school crush" but there was "nothing in her messages, because we read them".

She was barely 13. I know as a parent you need to be careful and talk with your kids, but I personally feel that level of snooping, to go through MS phone and read all of her texts? What were JS and SS LOOKING for? I wonder if they were more concerned she was confiding in a crush about the abuse.

Anyone starting to think something happened to Maddie on the way home from the party?
If she didn’t stay the night at grandma’s, it is very possible she was deceased before even getting home.
If true why would mom say she saw her Sunday night and Monday morning?

We need the facts! Wonder when they will release - it’s just so frustrating to assume anything here

Don't we have grandma Yolanda saying (in Spanish) that MS was a very fearful girl and didn't like to be alone, to that effect?

Off to the Telemundo archives....
Sadly, as I just read that statement above…… makes me wonder if MS ‘didn’t like to be alone’…..perhaps that has something akin with not wanting to be there for fear of SS too? MOO

We need the facts! Wonder when they will release - it’s just so frustrating to assume anything here
One thing I found interesting, having watched the SS & JS interviews so many times:

Last thing JS claims MS said to her Sunday night: I love you

Last thing SS claims MS said to him: I love you

Exactly the point.
JS said she saw her at 8am. Why would she say that when we know 7:35 Maddie’s belongings were thrown in the trash.
The only way that scenario happens if it was premeditated.
I think that scenario is the least likely one, and exactly the reason why there is a possibility Maddie was killed right after the party, or on the way home from it.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

Once again I agree everyone handles it differently, BUT STILL. Y’all follow more cases than I have - has anyone ever been as chill/detached as JS about their child missing?

I feel like we’re talking in circles here but I guess that’s all we can do until LE gives us more info.
I've followed true crime for around 50 years now.
Have I seen parents react the way JS did in her two interviews?
Yes, often. Sometimes they were lying through their teeth, other times they were in shock and/or medicated and had absolutely nothing to do with the child's disappearance.

I have no doubt LE already know one way or another if JS was involved in either MS' death, or the disposal of her body. I'll follow their lead on this and wait to see what they have to say. Or not say.

jmo

One thing I found interesting, having watched the SS & JS interviews so many times:

Last thing JS claims MS said to her Sunday night: I love you

Last thing SS claims MS said to him: I love you
Could maybe buy saying it to mom before bed, but I just knew in my bones that SS was lying when he claimed MS said “love you too” as she was (not actually) getting out of the car to go to school. (Still JMO ofc. But still.)

@Pruddennce - when did Mina say the message was sent out from Maddie's phone before her birthday on the 22nd?

I only ask cuz there are musings that the message could have been sent after Maddie was already deceased. Ty!

I heard him say:

"We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

This doesn't give me an indication of when this statement was actually made, as I read it.
SheriffM when asked during Q&A at the 'missing' press conference: do you know when that text msg/social media was actually sent: "cant actually say when that was, obviously before she turned 13 which was Feb 22, thats all I can tell you right now'. also, when asked at a presser if they were questioning whether the text(s) were actually sent by her, 'its all part of the investigation, we havent determined that yet'.

LE has been very tight lipped then as well as now.

Makes you wonder if SS or some other adult sent this to an "online friend" or someone and then deleted it when they had MS phone checking the messages she was sending to her crush.

As a mom, that also gave me a bit of an icky feeling.

JS said something to the effect of MS "told us about her school crush" but there was "nothing in her messages, because we read them".

She was barely 13. I know as a parent you need to be careful and talk with your kids, but I personally feel that level of snooping, to go through MS phone and read all of her texts? What were JS and SS LOOKING for? I wonder if they were more concerned she was confiding in a crush about the abuse.
<modsnip - off topic>

But idk if that’s why JS checked or if she normally did other than that day because we’re not clear on what information she had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member