Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The million $ question, maybe it's as simple as - because he could :(
and, basically, no matter what faffing his defence puts up to the court, that really is what it boils down to. Because he could and because he wanted to. It takes effort to beat someone to death, even 51 yr old women put up a fight, she would not have gone down easily, so there was , I believe, an element of perseverance, commitment, determination to extinguish her life. Because he could.

I wouldn't waste a million dollars on a one dollar killer. He was only doing what a lot of blokes do. Nothing special about Mr S.

Definition of the words "deliberate" and "attack":

Deliberate: ADJECTIVE - If you do something that is deliberate, you planned or decided to do it beforehand, and so it happens on purpose rather than by chance.
Attack: VERB - To attack a person or place means to try to hurt or damage them using physical violence.

Definition of "deliberate attack" (when the words are used together) seems to refer to military actions: A type of offensive action characterized by the preplanned coordinated employment of firepower and the maneuver to close with and destroy or capture the enemy.

Sure makes it sound like police are alleging this was premeditated. I may need to change my mind on that front.

Possibly all cleaned up prior to becoming a LE person of interest .

I couldn't imagine the police, watching him 24/7 for two weeks or more, let him clean his car,

so his car might not of ever been properly cleaned

I wouldn't be surprised during those two weeks, that police have planted listening devices in those houses and his vehicle, the GF vehicle, plus listening devices on the accused phone and his GF

Deliberate: ADJECTIVE - If you do something that is deliberate, you planned or decided to do it beforehand, and so it happens on purpose rather than by chance.
Attack: VERB - To attack a person or place means to try to hurt or damage them using physical violence.

Definition of "deliberate attack" (when the words are used together) seems to refer to military actions: A type of offensive action characterized by the preplanned coordinated employment of firepower and the maneuver to close with and destroy or capture the enemy.

Sure makes it sound like police are alleging this was premeditated. I may need to change my mind on that front.
So was SM the intended victim or could it have been any woman? MOO

Good point Nifty. What does PC Patton mean by 'deliberate attack'? Did it occur at a site where SM was running or does it mean that SM was hit by a vehicle and this 'deliberate attack' was then acted out? MOO
They have ruled out Murphy’s death being the result of a hit-and-run, and believe the alleged murder was an “intentional act”.
In the early interview with VICPOL PC Patton, he doesn't believe she was hit by a vehicle

VICPOL believe SM was attacked at the 7km mark of her run in the MT Clear area

SM was doing a small run as she was going out with family at 11am

What do you believe was the drive behind this, would you say that the alleged perp. had something to prove a certain
pretentiousness? MOO
I don't know, we do not have enough details. We barley know anything about PS.

Who would he need to prove anything too?

If I had to guess, I would lean towards unplanned & poor Sam was just in the wrong place IMO

Time will tell.......it'll all come out in the wash , it usually does IMO

I couldn't imagine the police, watching him 24/7 for two weeks or more, let him clean his car,

so his car might not of ever been properly cleaned

I wouldn't be surprised during those two weeks, that police have planted listening devices in those houses and his vehicle, the GF vehicle, plus listening devices on the accused phone and his GF
But he had weeks before he was being watched by the police, that's ALOT of time to destroy evidence.

So was SM the intended victim or could it have been any woman? MOO
Hard to tell. Perhaps he had murder on his mind, for just that morning, or thoughts of it in the prior days and weeks. Perhaps he had come across Samantha before on her runs and kept her in mind. Not her specifically, as in he didn't go out of his way to stalk and choose her, just that she was the random woman he's seen a few times in the forest. Potential victim A. It could also have been a case of she was in the wrong place at the wrong time when his murdering desire got the better of him. Something may have happened the night before or in the early hours of that morning to agitate him and push him over the edge. Perhaps years of hiding his true self or fighting inner turmoil boiled up and resulted in a "deliberate attack" that morning. All allegedly and MOO.

But he had weeks before he was being watched by the police, that's ALOT of time to destroy evidence.
Roughly 2 1/2 weeks if reports are to be believed. That's a lot of time to calm down, think things through rationally, make a plan of attack (no pun intended) and dispose of or move anything related to the crime.

We don't know what the police have as evidence, I am sure the rubbish bins, tip site would be investigated

But if he did clean his vehicle before the police started watching him

He won't be able to get rid of DNA and other evidence, they will get evidence under his wheel rims, inside the doors, mats

head rests, his boots, socks, hats, beanie, clothes, underpants etc....

Forensics will pick up marks and tiny objects that he won't be able to see

And if SM was placed on a blanket or tarpaulin in the rear of his vehicle

Police might have found that at one of the homes he was living in, their searches

Roughly 2 1/2 weeks if reports are to be believed. That's a lot of time to calm down, think things through rationally, make a plan of attack (no pun intended) and dispose of or move anything related to the crime.
Mt Clear, Scotsburn, Bunyinong, Ballarat, .surrounds, Canadian Forest was thick with SES, searchers, police, firemen,people on dirtbikes, etc, at about 12 noon that day. about 4 hours after he murdered her, maybe 5, tops.. He did not have much time, really. Everyone was extra vigilant, yet he must have remained cool and contained, nodding and smiling , probably helping with the search , . . which tells us heaps about him, in one sense..

Mt Clear, Scotsburn, Bunyinong, Ballarat, .surrounds, Canadian Forest was thick with SES, searchers, police, firemen,people on dirtbikes, etc, at about 12 noon that day. about 4 hours after he murdered her, maybe 5, tops.. He did not have much time, really. Everyone was extra vigilant, yet he must have remained cool and contained, nodding and smiling , probably helping with the search , . . which tells us heaps about him, in one sense..
I respectfully disagree, although I do believe the last line which I've bolded. In the very early days of the search, he was probably just a nobody and wasn't being watched. IF he put Samantha's body or belongings somewhere later as opposed to the time of the event, then he did have those 2+ weeks to work around searchers and police. He could have done something early morning, late at night, the middle of the night, far away, or just far enough away from the initial search area to matter.

In the early interview with VICPOL PC Patton, he doesn't believe she was hit by a vehicle
Hi Nifty, I have gone back over the interview given by Police Commissioner Shane Patton to confirm what I have noted:
time 9:49
A woman reporter: 'Was a car allegedly involved at all?'
PC Shane Patton: 'I am not going to go into any further detail other than to say this was a we are alleging a deliberate attack which has caused the death of Samantha'
verbatim
Authors: a woman reporter, Police Commissioner Shane Patton. Victoria Police

Yes, but premeditated can mean seconds before something happens, ie you could have made a different decision, but didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery