TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you make of the parent's statement? I'm really trying to read between the lines on that one!
<snipped for focus>

I wonder if it's possible that the parents were giving a statement that was scripted by LE without knowing exactly why, but were willing to do whatever it takes to get information about their son's disappearance and even communicate to him that it is safe to come home.

Last edited:
I also don't think it makes sense for him to be outside at that time unless he was hiding something or waiting for something. I have kids this age and once the puppy went potty they would be inside in a heartbeat going to bed. The Uber eats order does not make sense. Again, my kids will Uber eats starbucks, chick fil a, etc but 2 lunchables at $2 a piece for lunch the next day? No way. They would stop on the way to work/ school and pick this up at a convenience store or gas station. I just don't buy it. I could see if someone is hiding drug use/ smoking/ drinking and stalled to be outside to do this but there doesn't seem to be a reason he would be hiding this from roommates. Very curious indeed.
He may not be a frugal person and overspending on food is something he doesn't think twice about. He also may not have wished to make the time to stop at a store. This generation is quite used to receiving things at the push of a button. So much so that some of them don't even see the point of getting driver's licenses. They can just Uber wherever they want.

Hi All,

I haven’t commented on this thread since early on in the investigation - pretty much one month on I’m sad to see Caleb is still missing.

I’ve seen a few comments saying that if Caleb planned to complete suicide then he’d have taken his gun&car with him as that would make it easier - whilst in theory this is true, it must be noted that Caleb loved water maybe in his mind ending his life in water was the peaceful option - All MOO of course.

From what we know I believe the things that happened that night ie the playing with the dog, doordash delivery were all possible tactics to keep Caleb awake whilst he was waiting for his roommate to go asleep so that he could venture out - again MOO

From the parents comments regarding him not being in trouble and from an agency being involved I believe Caleb had done something which warranted police attention - I think the likely outcome is that he got into a state of panic and saw suicide as the only option

I really hope I’m wrong but that’s how I see this case going

I just found it an odd combination of food for a 21 year old. I think of Lunchables as food for finicky kids in the 5 - 8 year old range. Although, with the way they are packaged they'd be the perfect product to have on a boat when fishing. Less likely to get wet. Did he go on someone else's boat?
I agree. I think 2 lunchables for a grown man's lunch is odd. Maybe for a snack.
I keep trying to think of a reason he'd leave the apartment after taking the dog back. It seems that he'd probably know people in other apartments. Maybe he was going to visit someone in an apartment by the bridge. I wonder if there was a history of drug use or addiction. Young people from Christian homes overdose on fentanyl. MOO

From the parents comments regarding him not being in trouble and from an agency being involved I believe Caleb had done something which warranted police attention - I think the likely outcome is that he got into a state of panic and saw suicide as the only option

I really hope I’m wrong but that’s how I see this case going

RSBM

I understand where you're coming from as I've mulled a similar scenario around in my head for a couple of days. But, here's my sticking point (well, one or two)... if he was involved in something that warranted such LE attention (maybe from particular agency), I can't imagine at what point he might have become aware he was in serious trouble. That evening? Two days/weeks prior? And, I truly can't imagine NONE of his pals had some inkling of what he might be into.

You could be absolutely correct in your theory. Obviously, I'm still hanging out on my fence awaiting something that pushes me one way or the other.

I hope he is found.

The US Marshals being involved reminded me - I have a friend who is currently a Special Agent for US DOS, but previously worked for the Marshals service, and I could ask him some questions!

Why would the Marshals service be involved in a MP case?
Could be attached to a task force, which are usually comprised of a multitude of state and local agencies.
Or the person of interest could be a fugitive for justice and has a pacer warrant.

So there would definitely BE a reason they are involved because they wouldn't typically be involved in any/all MP cases?
Again they very easily could be. It’s not atypical. I’m guessing the Marshals involved are a part of a task force and this is a task force case OR there is a nexus to a fugitive of justice and this is a court-wanted individual involved in the case.

What kind of capabilities could be used to track the phone?
Marshals can use stingray and triangulate phone. If they can figure out the IMEI number of an iPhone they could trace that as well. IMEI can be traced as long as the phone has battery - they used it for us when we were deployed to Libya and places like that. I signed consent to monitor forms for dates I was on mission incase we were captured.

What kind of process would it be to be able to use IMEI to track the phone of a civilian MP? How long would it take?
It depends on carrier and law enforcement agency investigating the case. I’m sure they have done what they need to in order to find it.

“The investigative team, formed during the first days of the search, continues to meet daily to share information from the previous day’s efforts, discuss possible leads, and plot the course of the investigation. The team consists of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and the United States Marshals Service, along with three Forensic Computer Examiners, and one civilian crime analyst.”
Yeah sounds like a task force for sure.

--

One thing I took away from this conversation is that either the phone was not able to be traced (dead or destroyed), or it was, and where it was traced to provided no additional clues/information.
US Marshall’s do a lot.

They were also involved in the Abby and Libby case. In fact, they were represented at the PC announcing an arrest and publicly thanked.

I wouldn’t over think the food choices. My college kids eat them and had them door dashed. As well, one of their roommates has large French fries ordered from a popular fast food venue. They've gotten into weird habits since the virus
My adult daughter (34) was broke last month and said she wished there was a coffee fairy to get her a coffee. I knew she had been having some mom life with a toddler, so I venmo'd her $20, thinking she could get coffee more than once, like 4 coffees? Nope. One. She Doordashed a coffee and it was 20 bucks. The girl with NO MONEY!! It's a different world!

APR 4, 2024
Caleb's father, Randy Harris, appeared on YouTube live Tuesday with Justin Shepherd, a true crime podcaster known better by his social media handle JustinOnTikTok.

Randy Harris introduced his friend and coworker, Tony Mathis, whom Harris named as the new family spokesperson.

"He asked me to get more involved in helping him with some of the interviews... especially trying to get more of a national exposure instead of a local exposure," Mathis said.

Parents of Missing Texas Student Caleb Harris Speak Out

APR 4, 2024
Caleb's father, Randy Harris, appeared on YouTube live Tuesday with Justin Shepherd, a true crime podcaster known better by his social media handle JustinOnTikTok.

Randy Harris introduced his friend and coworker, Tony Mathis, whom Harris named as the new family spokesperson.

"He asked me to get more involved in helping him with some of the interviews... especially trying to get more of a national exposure instead of a local exposure," Mathis said.

Parents of Missing Texas Student Caleb Harris Speak Out

So glad Tony Mathis is helping as a family spokesperson!

I don't think he was grabbed. I believe he went with someone willingly and went to another location for whatever reason and something terrible happened there. I do not believe Caleb is close by i.e. walking distance from his apartment.
I agree with this theory. It appears that he was making excuses to stay outside. He played with the puppy for twenty minutes after the roommates departed, and despite the fact that after viewing the video, another roommate had picked up the puppy to carry him inside. He told his roommates that he was staying up to order Uber Eats. Later shortly after 3am, he brought the puppy back inside, and then went back outside again again, after this his phone went silent. To me it looked like he had arranged to meet someone, and meet outside of camera range. I think the Police omitting CH taking the puppy back in, and coming back outside again from the timeline is important. Why, I do not understand yet. MOO

I thought it was odd as well that he would order UberEats for lunch the next day rather than just grabbing something at a quick mart. The only thing you can think of is that he was meeting someone, and it went bad? But who, and why was it not picked up on
My thoughts is that he may have been meeting someone, and had arranged to meet them somewhere close by, but off camera. A somewhat random thought maybe he did not wear shoes, as he did not want to leave shoe prints? MOO

I agree with this theory. It appears that he was making excuses to stay outside. He played with the puppy for twenty minutes after the roommates departed, and despite the fact that after viewing the video, another roommate had picked up the puppy to carry him inside. He told his roommates that he was staying up to order Uber Eats. Later shortly after 3am, he brought the puppy back inside, and then went back outside again again, after this his phone went silent. To me it looked like he had arranged to meet someone, and meet outside of camera range. I think the Police omitting CH taking the puppy back in, and coming back outside again from the timeline is important. Why, I do not understand yet. MOO
How would he even know he was "outside of camera range"? There are cameras everywhere and no one really knows the location of every camera in any populated area.
Personally I think Caleb was just a night owl...very typical of college kids. He was probably waiting for the Uber delivery and walking around as a way to pass the time and wind down. When his food was delivered I bet he planned to go back to his apartment and go to bed. I doubt it ever crossed his mind that he could be in danger by walking around alone near his apartment complex. College students often feel invincible.

I don't think it's any more complicated than that, and I don't think he's intentionally missing.

How would he even know he was "outside of camera range"? There are cameras everywhere and no one really knows the location of every camera in any populated area.
Personally I think Caleb was just a night owl...very typical of college kids. He was probably waiting for the Uber delivery and walking around as a way to pass the time and wind down. When his food was delivered I bet he planned to go back to his apartment and go to bed. I doubt it ever crossed his mind that he could be in danger by walking around alone near his apartment complex. College students often feel invincible.

I don't think it's any more complicated than that, and I don't think he's intentionally missing.
What do you think happened in those minutes before UE delivery at 3:20?

I just can’t say what I think happened to Caleb. Usually I lean one way but it could be so many things.

I want to think that Caleb was only outside waiting on his Lunchables, but I’m not sure. And I feel that bad people (not Caleb) come out and prey on their victims in the hours before dawn, whatever reason he was outside.

Does anyone know for sure which friend he sent the Snap to? I had thought it was a friend he didn’t talk to a lot and this didn’t make sense to me. But if it were the friend he played games with that night it makes more sense.

I just can’t say what I think happened to Caleb. Usually I lean one way but it could be so many things.

I want to think that Caleb was only outside waiting on his Lunchables, but I’m not sure. And I feel that bad people (not Caleb) come out and prey on their victims in the hours before dawn, whatever reason he was outside.

Does anyone know for sure which friend he sent the Snap to? I had thought it was a friend he didn’t talk to a lot and this didn’t make sense to me. But if it were the friend he played games with that night it makes more sense.
At around 3:03 a.m., Harris sent another Snapchat photo to a high school friend in San Antonio.
source:
https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/texas-student-missing-caleb-harris-timeline-19378850.php

I don’t know the friend’s name, but the snap of the bridge was sent to a friend in San Antonio. The friend that he was playing online video with was in Colorado (going to college there)

Like you, it’s been very difficult for me to subscribe to a particular scenario leading to his disappearance. The only thing I just don’t think is that he intentionally left on his own or that it was self-harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic