NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

APR 8

Investigators closed Berriedale Drive in Fayetteville Monday as they searched a home in a residential neighborhood.

There was a heavy police presence, including FBI agents, a forensics team and K9 units.

More at Police, FBI search home connected to missing Fayetteville teen

Video at link.

ETA: According to the video, officers are going in and out of the home wearing hazmat type suites on.
Didn't they search this house, for the second time, last Friday?

I’ve only seen the news article stating that the Homicide Unit (along with FBI) is investigating. I haven’t seen it specifically stating that there has been a homicide or the reason for the first investigation.

I’m not sure if Homicide would only investigate known homicides or would they also participate if it was suspicious missing persons?

From the link:
On March 27, FPD's Homicide Unit, and the FBI searched three locations in Fayetteville as part of the expanding investigation to find Blake.

It's pretty common for LE to treat a missing person or suspicious death as a homicide from the beginning, because if the disappearance turns out to be a runaway or whatever there's nothing lost, but if they start out assuming it's something benign but then discover it's suspicious, it's too late to go back to do all the things they could have done at the beginning.

In this case, though, it sounds like they have pretty good reason for suspicion.

I've been following along intermittently.
Does that house have a crawl space, with a crawl space floor that's dirt and not concrete?
We had a case here some time back, where remains were finally found buried underneath the house via the crawl space.

I've been following along intermittently.
Does that house have a crawl space, with a crawl space floor that's dirt and not concrete?
We had a case here some time back, where remains were finally found buried underneath the house via the crawl space.
Per the county records, the foundation is concrete pier “G-PIERS-W/CNTFW” Anyone have insight of what CNTFW means? MOO I’d assume concrete piers would mean dirt floor. IMO Must have an access panel to this area somewhere.

Also on country records, the mapping of the house shows that there is an unfinished utility space in the rear of the garage

Per the county records, the foundation is concrete pier “G-PIERS-W/CNTFW” Anyone have insight of what CNTFW means? MOO I’d assume concrete piers would mean dirt floor. IMO Must have an access panel to this area somewhere.

Also on country records, the mapping of the house shows that there is an unfinished utility space in the rear of the garage

I believe those are a type of foundation piers. So there would be a crawl space, not built on slab. There would be an access or two in the floor of the house. I have this myself....with accesses in two of my closets and usually with stuff piled on top, unless I need a plumber to go down there.

eta...it can also get messy down there if you have a leak, or a sewage leak particularly. Hence maybe the hazmat suits.

We have only heard from Bio mom and it sounds like she lost touch with the adoptive family many years ago. They are searching previous homes of adoptive family. So either the adoptive family isn't talking or their story is suspect. Hopefully the kids/young adults are somewhere safe.

The house was purchased in 2019 by an LLC that has the adoptive mom as the contact.
and the LLC was formed in New Mexico, which is rather odd to me. Many corporations form in Delaware, so that wouldn't ever strike me as odd, but New Mexico? However, I am not up on the ins and outs of LLC formations, and everything about this case gives me pause.

BBM. Homicide? Do we know if the adoptive mother is alive? Or was this about some other (third) adopted child? Or something third entirely?
I have not read a homicide was being investigated. But did read that the homicide unit is helping investigate the missing two relatives. I don't have time to search for a link right now but that is my recollection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back