Found Deceased PA - Brian Posch, 36, Brighton Twp., Beaver County, 5 Apr 2024

I’ve been following this case since someone shared it on FB. My question is he left for work at 6am and didn’t report but was seen/pictured/pinged around 6:30pm? Is that correct? Lots of info flying around trying to get it straight. If that’s him in the river, would his phone still ping/be powered on after being waterlogged like that?? I mean, my iPhone is waterproof but if I submerge for hours then it will die. Right?
Right -- many cell phones are enclosed in a special case (usually purchased separately) which mainly is a protector for being dropped or scratched but not for water protection... I don't know what kind of protection his phone might have had if any, but I would certainly think most phones would fail fairly soon after being in water. JMO.

This latest news is very worrisome. SMH.

I'm also local. I hope the family's privacy can be respected with regards to what happened, but if there is a dangerous area along the river that should have guardrails, I hope this brings change.

I lived in Beaver County (10 years in Brighton Twp.) for almost 20 years and currently live in a suburb of Pittsburgh. My heart goes out to Brian’s wife and family. I believe I read that his work site was in Brighton Twp. That made me wonder what he would be doing in Elizabeth, PA which is an hour from Brighton Twp. His mother passed away a few years back after a long battle with MS. She was formerly of Brentwood, PA as is Brian so perhaps that was where his childhood home was. The church where his mother’s Burial Mass was, St. Sylvester in Brentwood is where Brian’s will be too. It struck me that he could have driven Route 65 into Allegheny County then went south on Route 51 passing through Brentwood, Jefferson Hills (where he had lived) and then arriving at Elizabeth on the Mon River. Or he could have taken Route 376 to Route 51. Regardless of the route, it is at least an hour’s trip. I wonder if he stopped in Brentwood having grown up there or if his mother is buried there. A lot of hours passed from the time he left home in the morning. He was very familiar with the area regardless.

I lived in Beaver County (10 years in Brighton Twp.) for almost 20 years and currently live in a suburb of Pittsburgh. My heart goes out to Brian’s wife and family. I believe I read that his work site was in Brighton Twp. That made me wonder what he would be doing in Elizabeth, PA which is an hour from Brighton Twp. His mother passed away a few years back after a long battle with MS. She was formerly of Brentwood, PA as is Brian so perhaps that was where his childhood home was. The church where his mother’s Burial Mass was, St. Sylvester in Brentwood is where Brian’s will be too. It struck me that he could have driven Route 65 into Allegheny County then went south on Route 51 passing through Brentwood, Jefferson Hills (where he had lived) and then arriving at Elizabeth on the Mon River. Or he could have taken Route 376 to Route 51. Regardless of the route, it is at least an hour’s trip. I wonder if he stopped in Brentwood having grown up there or if his mother is buried there. A lot of hours passed from the time he left home in the morning. He was very familiar with the area regardless.
I think those are great ideas: collect video from places that were sentimental / important to him, and maybe interview anybody he might’ve spoken to at those locations. What was his mood?

Then again he might have been occupied doing something else all day, or just parked somewhere.

For some reason though, I don’t think this was self harm. Just a feeling, can’t explain it. If you are going to commit suicide, there are easier ways than driving into a cold river.

Could he have had a conflict with somebody at work? If he was the head guy on the job site (superintendent or foreman for the General Contractor), he probably had enemies, and he could've recently pi**ed off some subcontractor/worker. It can be a rough place.

Giving orders in a tough and sometimes ego-filled environment can sometimes ruffle feathers, and sometimes a worker can feel they have been disrespected. Some people who feel they’ve been disrespected just won’t let it go and harbor a grudge until they have an opportunity to even the score, typically away from the job site.

That’s just one possibility. Hopefully we’ll hear something from LE. But if they don’t think it was an accident, one place I would start would be interviewing workers. See if he had any recent (in last month, say) conflicts at the job site. Heated conversations, etc. These can be common at commercial construction job sites which are typically pretty rough places

All jmo

So very sorry to learn this is the outcome. Prayers to the family and friends.

I think those are great ideas: collect video from places that were sentimental / important to him, and maybe interview anybody he might’ve spoken to at those locations. What was his mood?

Then again he might have been occupied doing something else all day, or just parked somewhere.

For some reason though, I don’t think this was self harm. Just a feeling, can’t explain it. If you are going to commit suicide, there are easier ways than driving into a cold river.

Could he have had a conflict with somebody at work? If he was the head guy on the job site (superintendent or foreman for the General Contractor), he probably had enemies, and he could've recently pi**ed off some subcontractor/worker. It can be a rough place.

Giving orders in a tough and sometimes ego-filled environment can sometimes ruffle feathers, and sometimes a worker can feel they have been disrespected. Some people who feel they’ve been disrespected just won’t let it go and harbor a grudge until they have an opportunity to even the score, typically away from the job site.

That’s just one possibility. Hopefully we’ll hear something from LE. But if they don’t think it was an accident, one place I would start would be interviewing workers. See if he had any recent (in last month, say) conflicts at the job site. Heated conversations, etc. These can be common at commercial construction job sites which are typically pretty rough places

All jmo
I flip flop back and forth thinking it wasn’t self-harm to well maybe it was. It seems quite odd that you would drive into the river in your work truck to end your life an hour away from where you live. It also seems to indicate you don’t want anyone to find your body. That doesn’t seem to fit with a man who loved his wife and daughter. According to his wife, they exchanged their usual “I love you” to each other and everything seemed normal. I’ve also thought too that maybe he was having trouble with an insubordinate worker. He was the foreman so he would have had to probably be the first one there. What if he did arrive at work early and a disgruntled working was waiting for him and forced him to drive….? But why would that be 1 hour away? He was a duck hunter so he would have had guns. If it was self harm, he could have shot himself anywhere. A watery grave though does seem to indicate you don’t want to be found or someone doesn’t want you to be found. I wonder too what his mood was or if he struggled with depression. His cell phone seemingly pinged until around 7 pm. If he had been kidnapped it seems his phone would have been shut off by the perpetrator. But was there any evidence at all that he was seen driving with another person in the car? If it was self-harm, the long number of hours in between his departure in the morning may have been taking the time to visit all the places in his life before the end.
I agree that workers need to be interviewed too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back