ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skinny said:
I have not been following this too closely. What could have prompted this big search? I think about the family often and wish them all peace and that sometime there may be some answers!
The spring thaw? Ice and windy, frigid weather is gone for a while.

I think two things prompted this search. One was the spring thaw; the other was a fund raiser. They will certainly find her, hopefully soon.

CROOKSTON, Minn. - Dru Sjodin, the University of North Dakota student who disappeared last November, has been found, authorities said Saturday.

Sheriff Mark LeTexier sobbed as he told volunteers, "Dru is home." He would not immediately elaborate, though Sjodin has been presumed dead

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4766117/

Bubble1421 said:

I wonder if she was found in the Red River? It seems logical to me that the bas**** would throw her in there, knowing that she would not be found because of the winter conditions.

I always felt that they would find her when it warmed up, just like Laci Peterson.

So sad and tragic...........God Bless ALL of her family!

Ocean

No details have been released yet. I just got this blurb in a breaking news email:

CROOKSTON, Minn. -- Authorities say the search for University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin is over.

The Polk County sheriff said, "Dru is home" to volunteers who had joined in the search for the 22-year-old student missing since November 22.

Sheriff Mark LeTexier said he would give details later.

Mabel said:
No details have been released yet. I just got this blurb in a breaking news email:

CROOKSTON, Minn. -- Authorities say the search for University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin is over.

The Polk County sheriff said, "Dru is home" to volunteers who had joined in the search for the 22-year-old student missing since November 22.

Sheriff Mark LeTexier said he would give details later.

Thank God for this! I hope it brings some measure of comfort to her family.

CROOKSTON, Minn. - The body of Dru Sjodin, the University of North Dakota student who disappeared last November, has been found, the sheriff said Saturday. Sheriff Mark LeTexier sobbed as he told volunteers, "Dru is home." He later confirmed that authorities had found Sjodin's body.
...snip

Sjodin's parents spoke to a search party of more than 100 on Saturday morning.

"Your legs are our legs today, and our voices for Dru," said her mother, Linda Walker.

Convicted sex offender Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., 51, of Crookston, has been charged with kidnapping Sjodin and pleaded not guilty.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/8456084.htm

I pray her family can now find some sort of peace, and justice will be served to the animal that took Dru from them.

I wonder when/if they will release the circumstances, I have been following Sandra Belanger's ideas on this case, and wondering if there is any truth to what the 'folks' have told her. According to Sandra, her body would be found on a farmers land, and said her body was inside of a jeep or truck (eta: his name is Arnold Phillips). It also said something about this being in Fisher. I'm just glad it was resolved.

Now you can finally rest in peace Dru.

OMG!!!!

Although we were expecting this, I'm finished! Thank you bubble, Ocean, cheetah and Newswolf for the links.

Like so many, I also Dru's website the minute it opened; participated in their chat rooms with Razz and team ~ and spent 3 Saturday nights lighting Candles for Dru. This is a poignant moment.

God Bless Dru's family, aunts, uncles, friends, searchers ~ volunteers and everyone involved.

ps: babylove ~ I also followed Sandra's 'feelings'. Did you?

There is press conference scheduled for 3:00 p.m. Word on the street is that she was found NEAR the river at Crookston, but not IN the river. Something was also said about the farmstead where the dog kept picking up Dru's scent. I'll post more after the press conference.

Yakwoman

It's hard to believe anyone could be so unfeeling they'd want to harm someone as beautiful and innocent looking as Dru. Sometimes the cruelty in this world is almost more than I can bear. The lovely smiling faces of Dru, Laci, little Jon Benet, and all the others, will haunt me forever. May their murderers never have a moment's peace for what they've done to these poor girls and the families who loved them.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
ps: babylove ~ I also followed Sandra's 'feelings'. Did you?

Yes PSA, I did. I just checked out her site and it also said that she believed AR put Dru into a large box. I am waiting to hear more details, I think her files are very right on for what words they are saying, they say some people can't hear them, but I can, and I think its amazing. I think Sandra's claims as to Laci's murder are right on, again waiting to hear. It would be nice to know for certain that Sandra is really connected with 'the other side'.

I'm just glad they both came home, and they can both rest in peace in a place their families can visit them.

Dru's boyfriend says her body was found in a revine by a retired sheriff's deputy.

God be with her family. Shedding tears again for Dru today. :(

Dru's boyfriend says she was found in a revine by a retired sheriff's deputy. (We always get threads going in a couple places here when there is major news)

God Bless the family.

wow. Relieving that her family will no longer suffer the waiting, but so sad for the new grieving. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine